Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

My pretty little G37S!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 04:35 PM
RedlineSi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IRNAY
well if you knew a thing or two about cars then you would know that it isn't an uncommon thing nor bad. so pretty much your opinions suck as much as your posts... so peace
Give it up. It is a bad thing. Do a search. Try googling cutting springs and see what you find out. You will find countless idiots asking forums about cutting springs, only to have countless people laughing at them. It isn't smart and yes, it is ghetto.

Also, I'd like to see these guys with Vipers cutting their springs. LMAO.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:36 PM
msb3079

you can drive for yrs by just changing springs and not doing everything... and it will be fine.

some people need to just get over themselves.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:47 PM
RedlineSi

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2276982

Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks its rice.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:51 PM
Mestizo

Originally Posted by RedlineSi
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread/2276982

Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks its rice.
Well believe you me....there are tonz of peepz out there that are ignorant and immature just like yourself! Yes, its true!
Old 04-17-2008, 04:52 PM
RedlineSi

Originally Posted by Mestizo
Well believe you me....there are tonz of peepz out there that are ignorant and immature just like yourself! Yes, its true!
Good one!

Old 04-17-2008, 04:54 PM
RedlineSi

Haha, the posts on Honda tech are getting hilarious!
Old 04-17-2008, 04:54 PM
IRNAY

Originally Posted by RedlineSi
Wow.....

G H E T T O

The danger has nothing to do with the shocks blowing out, it has to do with the fact that springs are made at a certain spring rate. That completely changes the way the spring reacts when under pressure. It just isn't safe.

Also, your pure lack of knowledge is overflowing from your post. It's obvious your BF doesn't know much either...case in point, cutting the springs. Lowering your car isn't going to wear out the shocks if it's done correctly. If you are going to lower your car, get a good set of performance shocks to go with it. I had my civic lowered with Eibachs for 7 years on Tokico shocks and they were still in mint condition when I traded it in.

I am sure you'll get a few more e-pimps defending you, but I just find it more hilarious.

yes i do understand about spring rate and how it reacts. Teins come w/ its factory spring rate... and when you cut it the spring rate increases. So the only bad i can see is increased spring rate. And you're talking like i have two coils left on the spring. 1 to 1.5 coils max was cut proffesionally and installed. and if you can read you see my posts ive posted earlier that this car is not a track car and its mainly for looks only. can you personally tell me a horrible incident that happened cause of cut springs? I know people personally that have done so and running strong. and if you knew a thing or two then you would know that shocks do wear out faster when car is lowered period. please do not bring my BF up into this... he builds cars daily and he does know what he's doing. Please take your single cam d16 with an OBX header and ebay intake out of this conversation. thank you
Old 04-17-2008, 05:00 PM
RedlineSi

yes i do understand about spring rate and how it reacts. Teins come w/ its factory spring rate... and when you cut it the spring rate increases. So the only bad i can see is increased spring rate. And you're talking like i have two coils left on the spring. 1 to 1.5 coils max was cut proffesionally and installed. and if you can read you see my posts ive posted earlier that this car is not a track car and its mainly for looks only. can you personally tell me a horrible incident that happened cause of cut springs? I know people personally that have done so and running strong. and if you knew a thing or two then you would know that shocks do wear out faster when car is lowered period. please do not bring my BF up into this... he builds cars daily and he does know what he's doing. Please take your single cam d16 with an OBX header and ebay intake out of this conversation. thank you
Hahahaha!

Old 04-17-2008, 05:02 PM
IRNAY

A few pics from yesterday. I've got stock springs front and rear with 1 coil cut and the ride and ride height are great, but based on the pics I'd say it's got very little weight transfer. Some of this could be due to the Bilstein struts I guess which I thought about replacing with some Strange 10-ways?

I think this was a 1.62 60ft

^^ ricer
Old 04-17-2008, 05:03 PM
Major Payne

Originally Posted by Mestizo
The irony of using "z" instead of "s" and calling somebody else ignorant and immature is just too damn ****ing funny.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:04 PM
ambiguous

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
^^^for sho son, that is the new fade right now. looks pimp and ghetto as a gangsta would like. what is bad about cutting the springs? i just heard it will give you a very bumpy ride.
This thread is full of epic fail.

lol is this guy serious?
Old 04-17-2008, 05:05 PM
RedlineSi

A few pics from yesterday. I've got stock springs front and rear with 1 coil cut and the ride and ride height are great, but based on the pics I'd say it's got very little weight transfer. Some of this could be due to the Bilstein struts I guess which I thought about replacing with some Strange 10-ways?

I think this was a 1.62 60ft

^^ ricer

What is that supposed to prove? LOL

When someone cuts a spring it's because they are too cheap to do it right. PERIOD.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:06 PM
ambiguous

Originally Posted by msb3079
you can drive for yrs by just changing springs and not doing everything... and it will be fine.

some people need to just get over themselves.
You are missing the point. Why do you want to kill the performance of the car? Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:07 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
cut coils, pure performance..... i dare you to call him "rice" redline. lmao j/k

Old 04-17-2008, 05:11 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
...... in action.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LFIGIGY9DUw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LFIGIGY9DUw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Quick Reply: My pretty little G37S!