Picture Share G Coupe Th ultimate forum to view and post high definition pictures of your G Coupe.

My pretty little G37S!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 06:21 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Nice ride. Love the Blue Slate and the drop. But sits too low for me.
I might head to Vegas this summer for my boy's wedding. Should be fun!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:21 PM
RedlineSi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cutting springs on a G37?

I've seen it all now....

Old 04-17-2008, 02:33 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^for sho son, that is the new fade right now. looks pimp and ghetto as a gangsta would like. what is bad about cutting the springs? i just heard it will give you a very bumpy ride.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:52 PM
IRNAY

Originally Posted by RedlineSi
Cutting springs on a G37?

I've seen it all now....

the ride isnt even bouncy. it rides like uncut teins but sits lower. im pretty sure you know cause you have them too. dont say its bad cause you "heard" its bad when you really dont know how they ride. but thanks anyway
Old 04-17-2008, 03:25 PM
RedlineSi

I didn't "hear" anything. Cutting springs is pure and utter rice. You own a $40,000 dollar car and you are cutting the springs. Cutting springs is one of the top 5 "acts" of rice and one of the reasons I got out of the import scene. It's also dangerous and your shocks will last a couple months. If you are going to lower your car, fine, but do it right.

It's like putting in new wood floors, then covering it with linoleum. It's simply stupid.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:49 PM
IRNAY

okay so you've done it? i think not. so in a way you are speaking of what you "hear" cause obviously you haven't experienced it. And top 5 acts of rice? lol now theres a book on ricing? the funny thing is cutting springs is domestic thing and you got out of the import scene but you do own an import. there are plenty of vipers out there with cut OEM springs to stiffen suspension for a stiffer launch with no wheel hop... yeah their 50K+ dollar cars are ricers too And dangerous? why? cause its too low and the shocks will blow? BS.... lowering your car on springs period is going to wear out the shocks.

oh and put it this way... its like buying your 4x4 G37, then putting springs on. It's simply better looking
Old 04-17-2008, 03:55 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

^^^ owned
Old 04-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Mestizo

Let dem haterz hate girl....do what YOU wanna do to your own car and dont pay attention to these silly kidz that criticize what you do to the $40,000 car that you bought. It really isnt a big deal at all, the dude acts like its his car that you cut the springs on....giving an opinion is one thing but QUIT HATING! No bitchassness.....
Old 04-17-2008, 04:14 PM
RedlineSi

Originally Posted by IRNAY
okay so you've done it? i think not. so in a way you are speaking of what you "hear" cause obviously you haven't experienced it. And top 5 acts of rice? lol now theres a book on ricing? the funny thing is cutting springs is domestic thing and you got out of the import scene but you do own an import. there are plenty of vipers out there with cut OEM springs to stiffen suspension for a stiffer launch with no wheel hop... yeah their 50K+ dollar cars are ricers too And dangerous? why? cause its too low and the shocks will blow? BS.... lowering your car on springs period is going to wear out the shocks.

oh and put it this way... its like buying your 4x4 G37, then putting springs on. It's simply better looking
Wow.....

G H E T T O

The danger has nothing to do with the shocks blowing out, it has to do with the fact that springs are made at a certain spring rate. That completely changes the way the spring reacts when under pressure. It just isn't safe.

Also, your pure lack of knowledge is overflowing from your post. It's obvious your BF doesn't know much either...case in point, cutting the springs. Lowering your car isn't going to wear out the shocks if it's done correctly. If you are going to lower your car, get a good set of performance shocks to go with it. I had my civic lowered with Eibachs for 7 years on Tokico shocks and they were still in mint condition when I traded it in.

I am sure you'll get a few more e-pimps defending you, but I just find it more hilarious.

Last edited by RedlineSi; 04-17-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:15 PM
RedlineSi

Originally Posted by Mestizo
Let dem haterz hate girl....do what YOU wanna do to your own car and dont pay attention to these silly kidz that criticize what you do to the $40,000 car that you bought. It really isnt a big deal at all, the dude acts like its his car that you cut the springs on....giving an opinion is one thing but QUIT HATING! No bitchassness.....
Bwhahahaha! Haterzzzz hate!

My GOD I thought this was over when I sold my civic.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:17 PM
RedlineSi

Originally Posted by SkyzDaL1m1T
^^^ owned
Owned?

Haha please!

Just because shes some chick with an Infiniti that posted one pic of her self the e-pimps are coming out.

Anyone that actually knows a thing or two about cars and doesn't do things just because they saw it on The Fast and the Furious 15, knows that cutting springs is just plain pathetic.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Mestizo

yes, that is what u are....unfortunately....
Old 04-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Mestizo

Owned?

Haha please!

Just because shes some chick with an Infiniti that posted one pic of her self the e-pimps are coming out.

Anyone that actually knows a thing or two about cars and doesn't do things just because they saw it on The Fast and the Furious 15, knows that cutting springs is just plain pathetic.

No, its not because a "chick" w/ an infiniti posted a pic of herself on this thread, its because haterz like you make stupid comments and get all bent out of shape cuz someone else did something to their own car that you dont like...you are of course entitled to your own opinion but bashing someone and labeling cutting springs as "pathetic" and "rice" just shows how immature you are, thats all. We dont need negativity like yours on the forum bro, no bitchassness....

PS...nice job getting out of the import scene to buy another import....

Last edited by Mestizo; 04-17-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:31 PM
IRNAY

Owned?

Haha please!

well if you knew a thing or two about cars then you would know that it isn't an uncommon thing nor bad. so pretty much your opinions suck as much as your posts... so peace
Old 04-17-2008, 04:32 PM
IRNAY

Originally Posted by Mestizo
No, its not because a "chick" w/ an infiniti posted a pic of herself on this thread, its because haterz like you make stupid comments and get all bent out of shape cuz someone else did something to their own car that you dont like...you are of course entitled to your own opinion but bashing someone and labeling cutting springs as "pathetic" and "rice" just shows how immature you are, thats all. We dont need negativity like yours on the forum bro, no bitchassness....

PS...nice job getting out of the import scene to buy another import....
well said!!

Quick Reply: My pretty little G37S!