NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

AWD a must?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 04:40 PM
1badmax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by swordsman54
Yea, Williamsburg gets a completely different level of snow compared to the Newport News area. It is crazy how much more snow is in Williamsburg...

So you are moving to Langley?
No, I am moving to Ft. Eustis aka Ft. Usleless.....haha!! Right now, I am carless, so my wife and I will be running around in her 08 Scion TC, until I get a car. I've been looking at cars while I've been out here in Hawaii and pretty much have narrowed it down to the G37 sedan.

Funny as it may sound, we both can't wait to leave this island and get to the mainland. Hawaii is too small and has the same weather all year round; we're ready to experience a little bit of cold. Hopefully, there will be some G-club get togethers and I'll be able to meet some fellow G-owners.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:47 PM
Mike P

I think AWD is a must. The RWD community will say no, but why then did they not make the GT-R in RWD? In the snow or the rain, it helps me feel a bit more comfortable. I bought both the x coupe and the x sedan. Hard to get suspension mods, but that may change soon. This is a matter of opinion. There was a day when we had just RWD cars. We have constantly tried to get away from that format, but it is the best for difting and some might argue performance. AWD will always get out of the blocks quicker. That's my 2 cents.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:54 PM
swordsman54

Originally Posted by 1badmax
No, I am moving to Ft. Eustis aka Ft. Usleless.....haha!! Right now, I am carless, so my wife and I will be running around in her 08 Scion TC, until I get a car. I've been looking at cars while I've been out here in Hawaii and pretty much have narrowed it down to the G37 sedan.

Funny as it may sound, we both can't wait to leave this island and get to the mainland. Hawaii is too small and has the same weather all year round; we're ready to experience a little bit of cold. Hopefully, there will be some G-club get togethers and I'll be able to meet some fellow G-owners.
That's awesome man, it will make three of us in Yorktown. There are some meets going on in our area, but nothing special that just consists of G37's. You can check out the other thread in this section for VA, that is about. If you are willing to drive to NoVA (about two hours), then you can meet a big G community called the National G Club.

But good luck on the move and purchase man
Old 10-15-2009, 03:17 PM
09G37xCpe

Originally Posted by Mike P
I think AWD is a must. The RWD community will say no, but why then did they not make the GT-R in RWD? In the snow or the rain, it helps me feel a bit more comfortable. I bought both the x coupe and the x sedan. Hard to get suspension mods, but that may change soon. This is a matter of opinion. There was a day when we had just RWD cars. We have constantly tried to get away from that format, but it is the best for difting and some might argue performance. AWD will always get out of the blocks quicker. That's my 2 cents.
I'm in Eastern PA (Lehigh Valley) and I can tell you with the terrain we have around here AWD is a great thing to have. I really like the idea of having it if I need it. We're having horrible weather today and for the next four days and right now I have a loaner G35x and I can really feel it hold the road well even in the slicker areas (and up and down hills.)

Plus the wife wouldn't let me get it unless I got an X.