NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

best roads in in south central/eastern PA??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:07 AM
veejayy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best roads in in south central/eastern PA??

Guys- live in Philly and I am looking for your thoughts on twisty country roads.

Drove out to Elverson, PA which is west of Philly near Morgantown and found some good roads like 10 and 82 (too much traffic but I bet on a Sunday would be better).

I am mainly looking west and would go as far as Sideling Hill plaza (about 2.5 hours west of Valley Forge exit) on the turnpike for a good afternoon drive.

BTW- the PA countryside is effin beautiful!! Moved here recently from Cincy and love Philly and southeastern PA.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Eastern-G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, welcome to the area. Philly and NJ have some surprisingly nice country side areas. I'll bet there are tons of great roads to cruise on, unfortunately I didn't have much time to enjoy them. When I lived in Philly 2 years ago, the closest thing to twisties for me was the Schuykill Expressway after rush hour.

Good luck with your search!
Old 12-29-2008, 12:20 PM
stharward

I've been lurking on the forums for a couple of weeks now; I haven't got my G37 yet, but having grown up in the area, I do know some good drives in eastern PA.

My recommendation is that from Philly you're better off going north, rather than west. River Road/Rt 32 goes along the PA side of the DE river up from Yardley to Easton, and it's a fantastic drive. If you go off the river a little to the west, the Doylestown/Easton/Quakertown triangle has a lot of open roads. They aren't really twisty, but they're open and the scenery is nice.

However, if you want deserted, twisty roads, you really have to go up into the mountains. Anything north or west of East Stroudsburg is going to be pretty good; I recommend PA-209 from Stroudsburg to Pottsville. Even I-81 from Jonestown to Wilkes-Barre gets a little bit hairy at times. It takes a bit longer to get out there, but it's worth it if you really want a good drive.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:15 PM
keff108

West Chester, PA has some really good tight twisting roads around the woods area. Not really in the city of West Chester but more along the wooded areas. West Chester isnt too far from Philly either.