Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

MN G37s Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 11:08 AM
Antwone
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MN G37s Coupe

I bought a 2010 G37S Coupe in Red back in March right before the snow melted. Another storm hit in April and I garaged the car only driving it 3-4 times until May. I spent a year looking for a g37 coupe and almost settled on a salvaged up north in MN but had it inspected at Infiniti and they told me to walk away. Fast forward to March '19 I found a coupe in red with a clean title. Not exactly clean but carfax shows a rear accident. I took my chance on the red coupe (really wanted white or silver).

Coupe has 83k miles at purchase, now 84,500. No problems so far besides for rear differential leaking that makes the drive very jerky. I think I have a bad wheel bearing possibly and will checkout today. I noticed with my windows down in 80 degree weather here in MN, I hear a clicking noise from my left driverside wheel. The noise sounds very much like a big sticker stuck on the wheels that hit the bumper, like paper being flipped that's the best I can describe. No, it sounds like jumping on a trampoline, that noise the springs make but subtle.

And so I bought the car to fill a void in my early 20's upbringing. I just wanted to be happy. I am not anymore. I regretted the purchase the next week. I miss my old 2001 Camry which happened to break down and was junked a week after purchasing my g37. I feel great driving such a fast car. I have no trouble passing others but gas is terrible. I drive like a grandpa and try to stay under 3rpms and I average 22/27 mpg according to computer in car. I am looking to sell the car because I bought the car to fill a void and it doesn't make sense to have such a nice car when everyone else in my family drives beaters. I just can't justify driving a better car than my dad's. Also, MN winters are coming up and the car is RWD. As far as I know, the undercarriage looks great with no rust besides exhaust. I do wish the windows were darker tint. I have no idea what previous owner has it set to, perhaps 50%? I am 6th owner of the car.

Anyone know a good way to sell a car in MN? Also I have financed through Light stream, suntrust division I believe. I do have original title and about 9k more in payments (car was 10k at purchase). Craigslist makes you pay $5 to list an ad. Is there a better way to sell/list a car online free? Also anyone have tips on what to do if an interested owner wants to buy my car? Such as how to go about getting Suntrust bank to send lien release or whatever the term is.

No mods yet seeing as I may sell car before winter. I plan to get another trusty early 2000's Toyota Camry. Surprisingly very much like the stock rims. I bought them with some rim rash but oh well.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:37 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 589 Likes on 492 Posts
Quite the intro... Happy and sad all in one. Cars can be very emotional entities. If you paid for the car yourself, with money *you* earned, and you like the car, by all means, fix it and enjoy it. It shouldn't matter what anyone else in the family drives and/or you live in the ghetto and concerned about the car getting broken into or damaged. At the end of the day, it's not a new car, but a used 9yr old car in good (relatively?) condition.

Banks don't release liens until the loan is satisfied. If you're determined to sell it, you can pay it yourself. Bank will typically send the lien release letter and title (may vary by state as you say you already have the title) within 30-45 days. Just went through this with honda finance. Took them just under a month to get the the title to me. Without the lien released, new buyer will be unable to register/title the car. You should contact your loan bank to clarify exactly what their process is.

You don't say, but is it a manual? If so, selling it should be easier and yield a somewhat higher price. Your options include craigslist. I last listed a car on CL in 2015, they didn't charge anything back then. You can always list it on ebay. You get 6 free auto listings per year, but there is a $100-150 fee you have to pay if it sells (on ebay). Autotrader, facebook for sale/g37 groups, etc.

Re: mpg. Driven locally, you're lucky to see an average in the low 20's. On the highway at speeds under 70/75 it does relatively well at mid to upper mid 20's.

Good luck

Edit: Re winters. No issues here in chicago with snow tires. You won't be railing corners but the car is very driveable in the winter/snow.
The following users liked this post:
timc00k (07-17-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 11:56 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site, hard to expand on what JSolo posted but wish you the best in your upcoming vehicle transition. Sorry that the G isn't something you want to stick with but based on your intro it sounds like that's what's best for you at this point in your life.
G'luck!
The following users liked this post:
timc00k (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 06:11 PM
Antwone
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply guys, I most likely will keep the car until the loan is paid off. The car itself is an automatic transmission. I can't even use the paddles. I had to pull over because I used them wrong and car was revving so high. As much as this car is 9 years old, I enjoy it so much. Exterior looks amazing for a 9 year old car. Interior not so much.

I've looked on infinitipartsdeals.com but would like to know if you guys know the exact part number for the silver trim piece for the driver side door. It has a few peels from contact I assume from opening doors. It really does ruin the aesthetic of the car. I very much may end up buying that piece for my car.

One thing I really wish I had was the sport spoiler. I so much rather prefer the sportier look of having a color matched spoiler found on the newer sport coupes.

Thank you for the warm welcome!
Old 07-21-2019, 06:07 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Antwone
Thanks for the reply guys, I most likely will keep the car until the loan is paid off. The car itself is an automatic transmission. I can't even use the paddles. I had to pull over because I used them wrong and car was revving so high. As much as this car is 9 years old, I enjoy it so much. Exterior looks amazing for a 9 year old car. Interior not so much.

I've looked on infinitipartsdeals.com but would like to know if you guys know the exact part number for the silver trim piece for the driver side door. It has a few peels from contact I assume from opening doors. It really does ruin the aesthetic of the car. I very much may end up buying that piece for my car.

One thing I really wish I had was the sport spoiler. I so much rather prefer the sportier look of having a color matched spoiler found on the newer sport coupes.

Thank you for the warm welcome!
If you don't mind DIY stuff you could wrap those trim pieces, I did mine in my sedan years ago and they still look good, here's a link to what I did for an idea~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...m-project.html
Old 07-23-2019, 09:06 PM
Antwone
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
If you don't mind DIY stuff you could wrap those trim pieces, I did mine in my sedan years ago and they still look good, here's a link to what I did for an idea~
https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...m-project.html
Wow this is what I want! Something that looks stock and isn't carbon fiber. How much did you buy if you remember?
Old 07-23-2019, 11:48 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by Antwone
Wow this is what I want! Something that looks stock and isn't carbon fiber. How much did you buy if you remember?
Depending where you get it from the width should be 5 ft, a 2x5 ft section should be plenty and allow for a couple re-dos since wrapping vinyl takes a little practice to get it right.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:19 PM
Antwone
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Depending where you get it from the width should be 5 ft, a 2x5 ft section should be plenty and allow for a couple re-dos since wrapping vinyl takes a little practice to get it right.
Thank you for being so helpful. I will be doing this next paycheck!