Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New g37s owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 08:57 PM
Jaycob Scopes
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New g37s owner

Hello everyone the name is jaycob and i recently bought g37 3 weeks and im already loving her and decided to join the community .
still trynna figure out the car since it is my fist infiniti
only mod it has is Stillen cold air intakes and a nismo short shift ****. cant wait to put more performance parts into her.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:29 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Welcome. A previous owner added a lip or bumper at some point as that lower nose is not stock. Oh, and the wheels were powdercoated black by someone.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:23 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome Jaycob, congrats on your new G, you got the S pkg so that's a great start!
Old 06-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Jaycob Scopes
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
Welcome Jaycob, congrats on your new G, you got the S pkg so that's a great start!
yes i did i knew what i was gettin myself into. i love it so far. but want to give it a little more hp and whp just dont know where to start
Old 06-11-2019, 11:17 AM
Jaycob Scopes
Registered Member

Originally Posted by slartibartfast
Welcome. A previous owner added a lip or bumper at some point as that lower nose is not stock. Oh, and the wheels were powdercoated black by someone.
thought it was a custom front bumper but inspected it right after you mention this and the previous owner did add a lip and yess they are i really dont like it since last owner scraped the paint off it on the edges. wanna get good after markets rims but on the cheaper side.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:52 PM
g-wagon
Registered Member

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Finding aftermarket rims on the cheaper side, you have to be careful. If you cheap out on rims, it could mean the difference between longevity and a rims that crack. I'd say go ESR rims, but I say just save up and get some nice rims. ESR used to make reps, but now they're making their own style of rims. Just learn what offset, wheel width, and wheel size will work for your car. Will you be doing suspension work such as minor lowering or slamming the car? Do you care about ride quality and road noise? ETC. Think about all of these factors and more before buying rims. It took me 4 sets of rims to finally get it right and to learn about offsets, width, and size. Lots of money wasted on rims and tires.

Also make sure to know what tires you plan on running too. Tires for 19in rims cost an arm and a leg basically. Just my .02 cents before you go off and buy rims and mess up like me.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:18 AM
Jaycob Scopes
Registered Member

Originally Posted by g-wagon
Finding aftermarket rims on the cheaper side, you have to be careful. If you cheap out on rims, it could mean the difference between longevity and a rims that crack. I'd say go ESR rims, but I say just save up and get some nice rims. ESR used to make reps, but now they're making their own style of rims. Just learn what offset, wheel width, and wheel size will work for your car. Will you be doing suspension work such as minor lowering or slamming the car? Do you care about ride quality and road noise? ETC. Think about all of these factors and more before buying rims. It took me 4 sets of rims to finally get it right and to learn about offsets, width, and size. Lots of money wasted on rims and tires.

Also make sure to know what tires you plan on running too. Tires for 19in rims cost an arm and a leg basically. Just my .02 cents before you go off and buy rims and mess up like me.
what do you think you a decent pair of rims go for ive never bought rims in my life lol but yes im considering lowering it on lowering springs and plan on get “17 rims with wider tires. i dont mind noise as long its not doing no damage to the car in the long run. and jesus christ 4 different rims that must of suck i woulda been very livid haha and tanks for the info this will make buying rims a lil more easier? but how can i get wider tires
Old 06-12-2019, 02:30 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Don't know of any 17s that will clear your big brakes. I run 18x9.5 Wedsports and love them, pretty light, strong and about $350 each.