Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New to the Forums

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 06:51 PM
slowg562
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
New to the Forums

Hi All!

I've been browsing threads and reading a lot on here for a little while now and figured it was about time to create an account and start posting.

I've had my G for just over a year now. It's a 2009 6MT S Coupe in black, ≈65k miles on it. I haven't really done anything to it, basically stock, but I have a list of "plans" that I want to do and once I get started I'll put together a build thread.

So far I have done -
-Clutch spring mod
-CF roof spoiler
-GTR map light lenses
-Interior/Exterior LED swap - Map, vanity mirror, license plate, courtesy

My wish list of projects -
-Stillen G3 CAI [maybe AdminTuning 3" CAI with EPS 70mm TB kit]
-Invidia Gemini CBE
-Maybe FI RHFC but I'm in CA and I don't want to have trouble with smog
-GTSpec FSTB
-Eibach Sway Bars
-Sustec Pro S-0C Coilovers or KW V1/V3 Coilovers
-SPC front and rear camber arms
-AK V2 Diffuser CF
-Front splitter (maybe Stillen)
-Side splitters (maybe AK)
-Engine bay & trunk dress up bolts
-Paint/hydro dip engine cover
-Wrap interior trim
-Wrap/paint/hydro dip engine bay plastics (radiator shroud, battery/brake covers, etc.)
-Wrap steering wheel trim
-Paint front grill
-Black out headlight housings
-Paint brake calipers
-Weather mats for cabin and trunk floor

I'm always looking for more ideas, especially for small/cheap projects to do, so I'd love any and all suggestions you guys may have.

Thanks!
Ryan

Last edited by slowg562; 03-27-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:35 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ryan!
Old 03-26-2018, 10:03 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Glad you found us Ryan, good looking coupe w/ nice plans ahaead!
Old 03-31-2018, 01:35 AM
Gregg1LE
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Great looking coupe !
Old 03-31-2018, 01:45 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Great looking car. Welcome to the black pain't in the a$s club. Any plans to get rid of the 1990's drug dealer rims? (lol, sorry, I know I'm a jerk, but I really hate them haha)
Good wish list. Going to be a sick ride when you're done with it.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:44 PM
slowg562
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Welcome to the forum Ryan!
Thanks BB!

Originally Posted by blnewt
Glad you found us Ryan, good looking coupe w/ nice plans ahaead!
Thanks blnewt! I'm glad I found y'all too

Originally Posted by Gregg1LE
Great looking coupe !
Thanks!

Originally Posted by hexotic
Great looking car. Welcome to the black pain't in the a$s club. Any plans to get rid of the 1990's drug dealer rims? (lol, sorry, I know I'm a jerk, but I really hate them haha)
Those wheel came on the car, I definitely did not pick them. They have grown on me a little (originally, they were the first thing I wanted to replace). I spent last weekend plasti-dipping them and I think they're even more tolerable now, in a new color. I'll post some pics this weekend.

Also been busy since I posted this - did the plasti-dip on the rims last weekend and plasti-dipped the grill to match, blacked out the Infiniti logo in the middle. Wrapped the interior trim in gold CF this week. Have a set of KW V1s that I'm planning on installing this weekend with a front/rear camber kit from SPC that's getting delivered today. Also hoping to get my sway bars in this weekend, picked up a Hotchkis front and Eibach rear and they're sitting in my garage as well. Ordered these floor mats from Amazon as well: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and they should be here in a week or two.
Old 04-13-2018, 09:27 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Fantastic start. You will definitely feel those sways in a big way. Make sure to do some tight cornering beforehand and then after to really appreciate just how crazy the difference is.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:27 AM
BruceL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome, good choice
Old 05-01-2018, 01:11 PM
slowg562
Registered Member

So the plasti-dip on my 90's drug dealer rims looked decent, but a local deal came up on the forums here for some O.Z. Racing Ultraleggeras so I have finally replaced them!

Went from 20x? staggered with cheap 225 front/245 rear to 18x9 squared with Ventus R-S3v2 275 on all 4 corners - feels a ton better.

Fantastic start. You will definitely feel those sways in a big way. Make sure to do some tight cornering beforehand and then after to really appreciate just how crazy the difference is.
The sways gave me some trouble on the install: the nut on the front left end link would not break free and started to strip when I hit it with an impact gun. I was laying under the car so I am trying to find someone who will let me use a lift to get under it. I didn't even attempt the rears after that. If i can get it on a lift I'll get both done then, otherwise I might just pay to get the front done and try the rear myself.

Originally Posted by BruceL
Welcome, good choice
Thanks! Really liking it so far

Here is a picture with the new wheels (I know it's dirty, next weekend is a full wash/polish/wax):
Old 05-01-2018, 02:31 PM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
That looks SO much better! Those improper fitting 20s were really bothering me but I didn't want to be negative. Nice upgrade!
Old 05-01-2018, 05:19 PM
slowg562
Registered Member

Originally Posted by r2dmax
That looks SO much better! Those improper fitting 20s were really bothering me but I didn't want to be negative. Nice upgrade!
Thanks man. Those 20s were all bad. I want to reiterate that they were on the car when I bought it, I did not pick them haha

They didn't clear BBK in the front so there was a 20mm spacer, but no spacer in the back so they almost made the front look wider than the rear. They were also wrapped in some mediocre (at best) tires. The new shoes feel much more planted and after the first turn I could already feel that they have noticeably more grip. Plus, I agree, they look so much better!
The following users liked this post:
r2dmax (05-02-2018)
Old 05-01-2018, 05:38 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

looking great