ProNewb Q60s owner - MyG37



ProNewb Q60s owner

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-2016, 04:38 AM   #1  
MistuuhJeff
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
MistuuhJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 58
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
ProNewb Q60s owner

Hello everyone, I just purchased a 2014 Black Obsidian Q60s Coupe 6MT on 11/16/2016. I am confused on whats the main differences in this and a G37 besides paint and a different badge? As I'm looking up parts I'm having trouble with what will fit and what wont. Keep in mind I am new to the whole Infiniti thing as this is my first actual car I've purchased. I daily drive a 95 v6 camry (haha) since I am a pizza driver Please help me out as I learn more things about my new ride and soon to be project when spring hits Feel free to post some thread links I can refer to for parts. Currently looking to get wheels and coilovers then some bolt-ons as a start! Found some tein super street coilovers for a good price from a G37s, wonder if they will work? I'll post pics later in the day. Thank you for your time!

UPDATE

12/5/16



Original Vossen CV3's 20x10 +45





riding stock for now until it gets a lil warmer here in TN. Stay tuned! Im still learning a lot about everything this car has to offer but I'll get there, so far I'm loving it

12/14/16



Installed bluebat gtr taillight overlay!





test fitting my vossen cv3's

Last edited by MistuuhJeff; 12-15-2016 at 12:26 AM.
MistuuhJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:54 AM   #2  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8
iTrader: (12)
 
blnewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 23,610
Thanked 4,540 Times in 3,867 Posts
Hi Jeff, welcome to the site! When sourcing parts what fits a 08+ G37 coupe will also fit your Q60, there's been a few minor changes but for performance parts, wheels, suspension products, they are interchangeable.
blnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blnewt For This Useful Post:
kennyz424 (11-22-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 03:37 PM   #3  
MistuuhJeff
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
MistuuhJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 58
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
Hi Jeff, welcome to the site! When sourcing parts what fits a 08+ G37 coupe will also fit your Q60, there's been a few minor changes but for performance parts, wheels, suspension products, they are interchangeable.
Thanks my dude! Really helps out alot.
MistuuhJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:18 AM   #4  
MistuuhJeff
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
MistuuhJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 58
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts


gas pic


Last edited by MistuuhJeff; 11-22-2016 at 04:39 PM.
MistuuhJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:11 PM   #5  
MistuuhJeff
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
MistuuhJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 58
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
So I'm about to drop my q60s and was debating whether to get coils or springs. My friends are telling me coils all the way but my cousin who has been in the G game for a while said get 370z Tein S tech springs. Im really leaning towards the springs because I just bought some wheels and I'll need tires / camber kit. Give me your opinion and I'll figure it out

BTW has anyone ever bought and used the duraflex IPL kits? I'd like to know how well it fits and looks.
MistuuhJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 07:59 PM   #6  
kennyz424
Moderator
iTrader: (146)
 
kennyz424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,354
Thanked 1,481 Times in 1,265 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Q! As for the debate from coils and springs I'd definitely say go coils 100%. I had spring for the past 2 1/2 years and just recently switched to Fortune Auto coilovers and I must say the difference really is NIGHT AND DAY. Stiffer ride, smoother ride, better handling and the advantage of being able to set the height to the exact time specs you want.

With all that said the second thing to keep in mind while debating is the price. Springs plus labor will run you $4-500 + $100 for a wheel allignment and as for coils you're looking at roughly $800-1500 depending on what brand you want + $500 for a front and rear camber kit + $400-$600 for labor + $100 for a wheel alignment. If you got the most you go coils otherwise do what 80% of guys do which is start with springs then move onto to coils in the future.

Hope I was able to help a little bit!

Best,

Kenny

PS

Stay away from BC coilovers bc they're known for an infamous clunking sound that comes from the rear coils after installed. The price might tempt you but the sound will make you go nuts. Google BC coilovers rear clunking noise and read all the horror stories online lol.
kennyz424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:21 AM   #7  
MistuuhJeff
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
MistuuhJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 58
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyz424 View Post
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Q! As for the debate from coils and springs I'd definitely say go coils 100%. I had spring for the past 2 1/2 years and just recently switched to Fortune Auto coilovers and I must say the difference really is NIGHT AND DAY. Stiffer ride, smoother ride, better handling and the advantage of being able to set the height to the exact time specs you want.

With all that said the second thing to keep in mind while debating is the price. Springs plus labor will run you $4-500 + $100 for a wheel allignment and as for coils you're looking at roughly $800-1500 depending on what brand you want + $500 for a front and rear camber kit + $400-$600 for labor + $100 for a wheel alignment. If you got the most you go coils otherwise do what 80% of guys do which is start with springs then move onto to coils in the future.

Hope I was able to help a little bit!

Best,

Kenny

PS

Stay away from BC coilovers bc they're known for an infamous clunking sound that comes from the rear coils after installed. The price might tempt you but the sound will make you go nuts. Google BC coilovers rear clunking noise and read all the horror stories online lol.
Thank you Kenny! Yeah I'm thinking of wanting coils but my friend is offering me some 5 months used Tein SS for $1200.. not sure if that's a good price. I'm also debating to get these 20x10.5 +45 original Vossen CV3's no tires since it sounds like a steal deal. What site would u recommend getting the front and rear camber kits? They told me I'd need toe arms for the rear also.
MistuuhJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:55 AM   #8  
kennyz424
Moderator
iTrader: (146)
 
kennyz424's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,354
Thanked 1,481 Times in 1,265 Posts
I'm selling my staggered set of mint Vossen cv3r wheels with new Nitto Motiva tires. 20x9 +32 20x10.5 +45

https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...new-tires.html

I've seen tein coils new go for $600- $800. What kind is your friend selling for $1200? For that type of money I'd get a better brand like Fortune Auto or Stance.

As far as camber kits and toe arms I have SPC and have no complaints at all.
kennyz424 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kennyz424 For This Useful Post:
MistuuhJeff (11-25-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 01:53 AM   #9  
MistuuhJeff
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
MistuuhJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 58
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyz424 View Post
I'm selling my staggered set of mint Vossen cv3r wheels with new Nitto Motiva tires. 20x9 +32 20x10.5 +45

https://www.myg37.com/forums/private...new-tires.html

I've seen tein coils new go for $600- $800. What kind is your friend selling for $1200? For that type of money I'd get a better brand like Fortune Auto or Stance.

As far as camber kits and toe arms I have SPC and have no complaints at all.
Tein SS-P, getting front camber kit by SPC for 350
MistuuhJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:51 AM   #10  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8
iTrader: (12)
 
blnewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 23,610
Thanked 4,540 Times in 3,867 Posts
The Tein SSPs go for about $1600 new, so if they weren't on the car too long that's an ok deal. You'll also need a rear camber arm/toe bolt kit to complete the setup. If you don't plan to track the car you can get Tein Basis Z coils for under $500 shipped.
blnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blnewt For This Useful Post:
kennyz424 (11-23-2016), MistuuhJeff (11-25-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 05:24 PM   #11  
MistuuhJeff
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
MistuuhJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 58
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
The Tein SSPs go for about $1600 new, so if they weren't on the car too long that's an ok deal. You'll also need a rear camber arm/toe bolt kit to complete the setup. If you don't plan to track the car you can get Tein Basis Z coils for under $500 shipped.
Thanks for your input! Found a deal but yall are probably gonna laugh at me for wanting some BC Racing BR Coils, they come with the SPC rear camber kit/toe bolt. Just more bang for my buck as of rn with black friday around the corner!
MistuuhJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:25 PM   #12  
MistuuhJeff
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
MistuuhJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 58
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hopefully I wont go nuts with the clunking noise, rode in 3 different cars with BC Racing and havent heard it since.
MistuuhJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 07:17 PM   #13  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8
iTrader: (12)
 
blnewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 23,610
Thanked 4,540 Times in 3,867 Posts
Supposedly the noise issues have been addressed, hopefully that's the case. Please keep us informed when you get yours up & running.
blnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blnewt For This Useful Post:
MistuuhJeff (11-25-2016)
Old 11-25-2016, 03:33 AM   #14  
MistuuhJeff
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
MistuuhJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 58
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blnewt View Post
Supposedly the noise issues have been addressed, hopefully that's the case. Please keep us informed when you get yours up & running.
Gotcha brother, appreciate all the help fellas! Probably wont see them on until next year maybe spring . I'll keep it posted! Btw, just picked up SPC front camber kit 72130 for $350 unmounted! Planning on getting this BC BR Coil kit with SPC Rear camber kit 72262 realllly soon
MistuuhJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 08:14 AM   #15  
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8
iTrader: (12)
 
blnewt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 23,610
Thanked 4,540 Times in 3,867 Posts
Sounds like the vaccine you took for the mod bug didn't work Glad to hear it
blnewt is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:06 PM.


Copyright 2002 - 2017, MYG37.COM All Rights Reserved.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: