Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New G37xS owner in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 03:05 PM
SrtUltr
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
New G37xS owner in Chicago

Hello everyone! After months of searching and I finally got the G I was looking for. 2013 G37xS Black/Black CPO 29k mi on the clock, it came from a single owner lease in Connecticut and is pretty much mint.

Let the modding begin! This is going to be a daily driver in city so I'm not going to be going as crazy as I have with my other rides. It is getting debadged/buffed and tinted 15% this week. I have been searching for some answers to specific noob mods and coming up short. Any answers or links to good discussions would be appreciated.

Lighting
Any supporting vendors for reliable long lasting LED interior kits that match the illuminated door sills?

How difficult is it to change side marker and running lights in the headlights? Bulb numbers?

Reverse and license plate bulb #s?

I take it the oem HID bulbs are 4300k?

When upgrading the fogs to HIDs do we need relays? Fog bulb #?s

Appearance
I seen the midnight grill, but want the whole grill painted body match. Can this be done without removing the bumper? Dealer quoted me an outrageous number just to paint the grill. I've never plastidipped anything, but might give the grill a go.

Do most people paint or vinyl wrap the chrome window trim? Avg price to wrap the trim?

Performance
She handles pretty well, but looking for upgrades sways front and rear for sure. Any recommendations?

As cool as the Stillen gen 3 intakes are, I am going to go short ram because I don't want to deal with the install/maintenance of cleaning a true CAI. Do they all sound pretty similar? Any recommendations? Louder is better.

Exhaust
I run Corsa on my SRT and Z28 so I'm no stranger to paying for quality. Besides the epic Meisterschaft exhaust are there any ones out there they are loud and smooth sounding? I noticed the G sounds a lot raspier than my V8s.

Tune
Looking for something basic, will never be on the dyno, what hand held tuners do these use? In manual, it seems like the rpms lag about 500, is this normal? Any tune avail to dial this in ?

Take into consideration this car will most likely never be at the strip and just be a fun daily driver in the city. Performance is always important, but reliability/longevity is my main focus.

Heres my 2008 SRT8 Grand Cherokee. Intake, full exhaust, coilovers, dynotune, upgraded fuel/ignition/trans, and much much more. Best time with full interior/system 12.3 @110.

Not pictured my 1993 Z28 built n20 powered track only.

Thanks for the help, looking forward to being part of this community!
Old 07-17-2016, 04:22 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice intro there! Good looking SRT, post some shots of that Z28 when you can.
Don't have time to answer some of your questions (working on my trucks coolant system)
Glad you joined up, and good luck not going mod crazy
Brad
The following users liked this post:
SrtUltr (07-17-2016)