Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Noob b00b

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 11:33 AM
therzdae

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob b00b

Hey hey, Im Brice
just wanted to check in and ask a quick question though if no one answers thats fine I wont be upset I can just do more research later...

Anywho just bought a 2011 G37S sedan White on black! Absolutely love it!

Had a G35X for bout 4 years and 80k miles it did me awesome so im glad to be on to the next Gen.

Located in Atlanta if any one else is or y'all do any meets let me know.

Question is,
It will need new pads sooner then later, though my rotors are rather rusted on the inside my OCD hates it so I was considering replacing the rotors around as well.
Does any one have experience with good aftermarket rotors that have the send hub painted or powder coated a color (black or whatever) that they may recommend?
I have found many results just like to use ones people have had good experiences with.

Anywho thanks in advanced.
Attached Thumbnails Noob b00b-mybabyg37s.jpg  
Old 06-07-2015, 11:50 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by therzdae

Hey hey, Im Brice
just wanted to check in and ask a quick question though if no one answers thats fine I wont be upset I can just do more research later...

Anywho just bought a 2011 G37S sedan White on black! Absolutely love it!

Had a G35X for bout 4 years and 80k miles it did me awesome so im glad to be on to the next Gen.

Located in Atlanta if any one else is or y'all do any meets let me know.

Question is,
It will need new pads sooner then later, though my rotors are rather rusted on the inside my OCD hates it so I was considering replacing the rotors around as well.
Does any one have experience with good aftermarket rotors that have the send hub painted or powder coated a color (black or whatever) that they may recommend?
I have found many results just like to use ones people have had good experiences with.

Anywho thanks in advanced.
Hi Brice,
Welcome to the site, glad you found a great 2nd G to call your own
Check the brake folder for more info but Centric Premium rotors are a good choice and I really like the Stoptech Street Pads. Check rockauto for good deals (just be sure to select the parts that require 355mm front rotor). The Centric premiums have a e-coating that's supposed to be better than zinc so it should hold up pretty well. You could also have your current rotors cleaned up and shot with VHT Flameproof paint it holds up better than high temp since the rotors get scorching during pad bed-in, just mask off most of the pad area (with a little overlap so the pads will brush off a nice even path), be sure to paint the whole hat and the very edges of the rotor. I'd go about 3 coats). And if your pads are getting low I'd look at the Stoptech pads, they dust more than OEM but have great bite. Here's that paint
Brad
VHT FlameProof? Coating
Old 06-07-2015, 05:00 PM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Great color combo- love White over Black.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:26 PM
therzdae

Thanks Keg!

And thank you BLNEWT for the detailed information!
Old 06-08-2015, 01:46 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Welcome brice.
Congrats on your G37S. White on black is a nice combo.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:58 PM
therzdae

Thanks guy!

I do love her ooohh so much, this morning was the first driving her to work. She made the 2 hour Atlanta traffic not so bad! Also compliments my work parking lot too!

Has some quirks I gotta do some research and figure out wtf is going on tho such as with any used car
Old 06-10-2015, 01:36 PM
JloG37s

Hey therzdae, Newbie here too... I spent 6 months looking for this combo here in FL! Most of them are X's, regular journeys, or Base Sport, or w/o Nav. Had to go with the black on black! lol ! Enjoy that beast
Old 06-10-2015, 03:05 PM
therzdae

Originally Posted by JloG37s
Hey therzdae, Newbie here too... I spent 6 months looking for this combo here in FL! Most of them are X's, regular journeys, or Base Sport, or w/o Nav. Had to go with the black on black! lol ! Enjoy that beast
hahaha yeah! I got supppper lucky! I was fixing to settle with a silver Journey then this came in for trade in the night before and I just so happen to see the detailers cleaning it so I asked the salesmen and picked it up before it even hit the floor!
Old 06-10-2015, 04:28 PM
JloG37s

Exact same thing happened to me.. Showed up to the dealer 20 mins before closing time. The car wasn't on the floor yet.. they didn't even know they had that car until they went inside and check the detail room they brought outside and I fell in love with it! Even though I'm not a fan of black cars, I liked this one because when the light hits it I kinda looks purple-ish.