Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

newbie owner, long time lurker

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 04:21 PM
erinmac
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
newbie owner, long time lurker

I have a problem with over researching something before buying...which typically ends up with me missing many great deals because I just think and think and research it so long that someone else jumps on it.

This time...I was ready! lol I had been reading this site and a few others over and over and I knew exactly what packages I would have liked, and ones I could maybe do without if I had too. I lucked out and got a showroom floor model that was ordered for the dealership. It had just about everything on it for 2008 that could be added. Was bought by a PGA golfer on tour and he traded it for a TRACTOR!? It sat for nearly a year and half at a John Deere dealership and the PO found it and took it home. He had it for a while but jsut didn't get to drive it much with his job (Home builder) keeping him in the dually all day and having a family..so up for sale it went. I jumped.

2008 g37s - Grey Metallic - 49k miles
Tech package, Premium package, Sport package, dual sliding sun roof, navigation, spoiler w/cam..blah blah

I'm still finding all the little things on this car, but the one that is on top is...I LOVE IT!

I can't stop thinking about it, can't stop wanting to drive it...just so much fun and excitement packed in this thing!

Only a few mods..exhaust and new staggered stance wheels..mostly stock from there... We shall see where I take it from there. I've owned a Jeep for the last 10 years so this is a HUGE change in driving from a lifted Jeep on 35" wheels. I use to race rally in my younger days and grew up around it, but just strayed away for awhile. It's very nice to get back to a little bit of speed, handling and luxury for a change. Glad to be a part of the club!

The day I picked her up..
Old 03-04-2014, 04:54 PM
KEG97
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 55 Posts
Welcome!
Interesting story for sure...PGA golfer trading it in for a tractor.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:09 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:12 PM
gill1606
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by erinmac
I have a problem with over researching something before buying...which typically ends up with me missing many great deals because I just think and think and research it so long that someone else jumps on it.

This time...I was ready! lol I had been reading this site and a few others over and over and I knew exactly what packages I would have liked, and ones I could maybe do without if I had too. I lucked out and got a showroom floor model that was ordered for the dealership. It had just about everything on it for 2008 that could be added. Was bought by a PGA golfer on tour and he traded it for a TRACTOR!? It sat for nearly a year and half at a John Deere dealership and the PO found it and took it home. He had it for a while but jsut didn't get to drive it much with his job (Home builder) keeping him in the dually all day and having a family..so up for sale it went. I jumped.

2008 g37s - Grey Metallic - 49k miles
Tech package, Premium package, Sport package, dual sliding sun roof, navigation, spoiler w/cam..blah blah

I'm still finding all the little things on this car, but the one that is on top is...I LOVE IT!

I can't stop thinking about it, can't stop wanting to drive it...just so much fun and excitement packed in this thing!

Only a few mods..exhaust and new staggered stance wheels..mostly stock from there... We shall see where I take it from there. I've owned a Jeep for the last 10 years so this is a HUGE change in driving from a lifted Jeep on 35" wheels. I use to race rally in my younger days and grew up around it, but just strayed away for awhile. It's very nice to get back to a little bit of speed, handling and luxury for a change. Glad to be a part of the club!

The day I picked her up..
from golfer to builder and then you, looks like you were destined to have this car! congrats, and it looks beautiful!
The following users liked this post:
erinmac (03-04-2014)