Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Future G37 Owner in PHX, AZ

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 07:34 PM
Clinic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Future G37 Owner in PHX, AZ

Good afternoon everybody,

So I've been lurking around this site on and off for the last almost 3 years or so, and I think I am finally getting close to actually getting my G37.

When I first looked into a new G37, the 09 model was just coming out, and quite frankly, I probably would have driven myself into poverty getting one. =D

However, as with any purchase, I am assessing my options and would like some feedback regarding a new Infiniti. I am very strongly attracted to the new '12 G37 IPL, but there are some other cars I am looking at in a similar price range.

(All are 2012 Models)
Merc C350, C63 AMG
BMW 335i, 335si, M3
Audi A5, S5

Basically the usual assortment of entry-mid range Sporty-German coupes.

The C63, M3, and the S5 are all within reach, I will just have to wait a little bit longer (will be paying cash for whatever I get, and it will just depend on how long I want to wait to get one).

I could in truth afford a Nissan GT-R as well, but I was looking at it, and having to throw $2k at wheels every 15-20k miles was going to be hard to swallow. I guess this is a mini-question in it's own right. What kind of cash do you have to spend to put new tires on your G? And I don't need super fancy racing tires, just high quality road tires will work fine.

So my question is this: How do you like your Infiniti G37 (S, x, or IPL) and if you have owned any of the other models I mentioned above, what were your experiences with them? This would be my first foray into this range of automobile, and quite frankly the quality is impressing me very much, but still, asking an owner is the best way to determine what is really what.

Thanks,
Clinic
Old 10-13-2011, 10:50 AM
soops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Clinic,

I'm also in phx area & close to taking ownership of 2011 G37 Sedan (hopefully by end of the week). I have been lurking here for the last 3 month off & on, mainly researching on any major problems. Do not want to hijack but I also have other questions on this car hopefully the others will help answered.