NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Fairfax County Cops are on some BullSh!t

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 07:56 AM
KlokDeezal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Fairfax County Cops are on some BullSh!t

I just gotta vent for a moment.

Ok, I am coming down rt. 28 this morning and I see a cop on the side of the road looking for speeders, but he cant because we are all in traffic going about 35 top speed. So I drive by him and pull up at the red light and he gets behind me and pulls me over. I am like "wtf did I do know". He approaches and says "Do you know the tint on your car?" and I was like "38%" and he goes well "Let me check". So he comes back w/ his little device and measures my glass and he gets a reading of "33-34%". Now the legal limit is VA is 35% w/ a 7% offset/cushion which reaches to 42%. WHY THE F*CK DID HE WRITE ME TICKET FOR 34%. I explained to him that my tint is 38 and where I got it done, so I feels he needs to go to them and not me. I am actually thinking on going to court on this one, but it might just be a waste of time and gas?

I told him, that the car is new and he said "Yeah, I love these cars and the tint looks awesome, but its a police safety, because we want to see who is inside these cars"

So we actually ended up getting into an argument and going back to his car about his tint measuring device and I was asking him questions on how this device works and of course he couldnt tell me and I explained to him that I am an engineer and I am curious about this device and if it is faulty and how it measures/senses the light coming through my window, because I got pulled over prior to this and the officer measured my tint and she got "36-37%" @ 2pm (sunny outside) and she let me go. Now I have not done anything to my tint, but this morning at around 6:45am (not so sunny), I got 33-34%. This is some BullSh!t

So all and all I got a $30 ticket w/ a $57 processing fee, now how can the processing fee be more than the ticket. That is also some BullSh!t

I mean honestly, if your going to pull me over for being black and having a nice car, then just come out and say it....man sometimes, I wish I were John's complexion (at least he is 1/4 black), then I would only have to worry about molesting little boys

Man these cops around here are a bunch of F*ckin A$$hole$ and I mean that **** from the heart!!!

Last edited by KlokDeezal; 03-08-2006 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Destro
Bad *** Mutha****a

You got ganked by Fairfax's Fascist. F*ck Fairfax cops, they are f*cking **** a$$holes! I can't believe they gave you that ticket, or even pulled you over. 1% under, come on. Take it to court. If you win or the judge throws it out, you won't even pay the processing fee. I can't see why the judge would even consider hearing the case. Do some research on the tint testers and get some proof of their margin of error, cause if it is even 1% margin of error, how can he be sure beyond a reasonable doubt it is not legal.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Destro
Bad *** Mutha****a

http://www.chiefsupply.com/tint-meter.phtml
Here is one, it says margin of error is +/- 2%
Old 03-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Destro
Bad *** Mutha****a

http://www.laser-labs.com/M1and2Training.htm#m100
Here is the training manual for that same devise. You need to ask in court when the lasst time the machine was calibrated.

http://www.laser-labs.com/M1and2Training.htm
Here is another manual on a different model where the maring of error is +/- 3%

Last edited by Destro; 03-08-2006 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Destro
Bad *** Mutha****a

Verifying the Accuracy

Each Tint Meter has two light transmittance reference samples to verify its accuracy. These samples are the same for both models. A reference sample is a 3 inch by 4 inch section of translucent material, one eighth of an inch thick. On the translucent material is a label stating the light transmittance value. The value is the total amount of light able to pass through the material. This value is determined by a spectrophotometer, which is the industry standard for measuring light transmissions. There are two reference samples with a Tint meter for a specific purpose. One reference sample has a high light transmittance value, and the other has a low light transmittance value. The reason for this is so the meter can be tested for accuracy at more than one spot from zero to one hundred percent. Many of the states’ sun-screening laws vary from a low of 6% to a high of 70%. If you only have one sample to verify the meter’s accuracy, and the it has a stated value of 70% light transmission, and you are testing a window for compliance at a 35% light transmission, you cannot verify the accuracy of that meter at 35%. With two reference samples, a larger range of verifiable accuracy is achieved. To bring this range of accuracy one step further, a 1/8th inch piece of cardboard can be used to test the Tint Meter™ at zero percent(0%) light transmission. Sliding the cardboard into the slot like a reference sample should achieve a reading of 0%. If the Model 100 Tint Meter™ is activated without placing a sample all the way into the slot, the meter should read 100% light transmission. The Model 200 Tint Meter™ can be tested at 0% transmission by first calibrating it as outlined in the Model 200 operation section and then turning off the light box (box B) without removing the meter (box A) from box B. The reading on the screen should drop to 0%. In order to test the model 200 with reference samples calibrate it as described in section II B. Then place the reference sample between the two halves of the meter. This is just the same as placing a window between them. Be careful not to block the center LED with the label on the reference sample. In short, you can test a Laser Labs, Inc. Tint Meter at four separate transmission percentages to verify the accuracy.

Tint meters should be tested for accuracy every time the meter is used.

Reference samples supplied by Laser Labs, Inc. are noted as being traceable to N.I.S.T. traceable standards. N.I.S.T. is an acronym for the National Institute of Standards and Technology, is a non-regulatory federal agency within the Commerce Departments Technology Administration. NIST's mission is to promote economic growth by working with industry to develop and apply technology, measurements, and standards.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Virge
straight to the bank...

ok i'm confused (I also know nothing about tint)...you said you had a 38% tint (minus the 7% offset for 31% ?) and he measured 35% which plus the offset puts you at 42% ?
Old 03-08-2006, 08:46 AM
KlokDeezal

Hey that link is kinda good and I might even just purchase the thing and keep it in my car at all times if I get stopped again. But honestly, anytime a black man goes to court, 9 times out of 10, he is coming out w/ shackles, but hey I could always be that 10th guy...

Actually the kind of device that he had was two pieces that came together and measured the light and it was black w/ an LCD display. I gotta find this device
Old 03-08-2006, 09:02 AM
LEK

They usually don't pull people over just "tints." But occasionally they do, one time my friend got over for having mirror type tints and got a ticket for exhaust and clear corners.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:03 AM
KlokDeezal

Originally Posted by Virge
ok i'm confused (I also know nothing about tint)...you said you had a 38% tint (minus the 7% offset for 31% ?) and he measured 35% which plus the offset puts you at 42% ?

No I am saying that when I got my tint, I got the 38% tint done @ LA tint. When the cop stopped me, he measured it as 33-34 fluctuating. He then pulled out some paper stating the VA rules for tinting which is 35% w/ an upward offset of 7% which reaches 42%. So basically anything between 42 and 35 is legal and of course anything over 42 is legal as well, but below 35 is illegal. my measurement was 33-34 fluctuating and he gave me a ticket.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Virge
straight to the bank...

ok so is 35% the darkest and 42% the lightest tint? .... why does that seem counter-intuitive
Old 03-08-2006, 09:33 AM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about your tint. Definitely take it to court. I'm pretty sure their tint gadget has a margin of error greater than 1% like Jeff said. About the processing fee, they do that in the south all the time to screw overe tourist driving through the states. I got a speeding ticket in NC and the fine was $10 and processing fee was $125 or so. What a lame excuse about safety of cop for not seeing through 38% tint. I would of said, if you have trouble seeing through my tint, then they shouldn't have issued you a gun. Take it to court, and I'd file a report on the cop also for his conduct.

~Khoa
Old 03-08-2006, 09:53 AM
KlokDeezal

Originally Posted by Virge
ok so is 35% the darkest and 42% the lightest tint? .... why does that seem counter-intuitive
Well your partially right. The darkest you can have your tint in VA, MD is 35% all around your car. Tinting your window in DC is illegal.

So what I am saying is that any tint that is greater than 35% is legal in VA, MD. Now keep in mind that I got my tint from LA Tint and it says on the display "38% tint" which is well within the VA limit, but I still got a ticket. Also like Jeff said, I have been researching devices and all of them say +/- 2 to 3% accuracy offset.

Also I am looking at my ticket and he wrote down 33% on the ticket. Now the numbers were fluctuating between 33 and 34, but he took the low number and put it on the ticket...I guess I got screwed again.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:54 AM
pdjafari

btw guys legal limit in front in VA is 50% and 35% rear....
Old 03-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Destro
Bad *** Mutha****a

Most of the time for a BS ticket like that, the judge will throw it out simply because you even took the time to show up. The cop is banking on you not bothering to show and just sending in the payment.
It can't hurt to try.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:58 AM
pdjafari

http://www.iwfa.com/iwfa/Law_Chart/S...aw%20Chart.htm

http://www.window-tint-school.com/st...nting-laws.pdf

Quick Reply: Fairfax County Cops are on some BullSh!t