NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

New G35 owner and member!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Johnny_Utah79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New G35 owner and member!!

Hello,

I have recently purchased a 2004 G35X AWD sedan and love it!! I was a BMW fan for a long time and thought I would see what else was out there and came across Infiniti. I have only had the car for a few weeks but I think it is an awesome car and I am excited to see what all it can do. I would like to start getting together for the events the National G Club has and meet everyone and see what ideas others have. I know that there are probably not a lot of sedans but that’s no biggie to me. I would like to try and meet up for the SkyLine drive but I am not sure what or were that is. Can anyone tell me a little more about this event and what to expect?

Thanks!!
Old 10-24-2005, 04:44 PM
terryw

whao a sedan!!!, after the chantily seminar, we get 3 peeps in 1 day! i wonder if it has anything to do with the 20% and free oil change
welcome dude. where do you live? nice too see another maryland fellow. Im in college park.
skyline is at shennendoah national park in VA. theres a sticky thread at top of the page for info.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Pratik

Hey man its good to see you posted. Where in Maryland are you located? Im in Germantown.

As for Skyline Drive and what to expect. We'll have a couple of meeting points setup and we'll caravan up 66 to Skyline Drive. We'll probably stop off for some food before we enter in the park. Once inside, we'll be having some fun taking the turns and enjoying the nice scenery (hopefully the fall foliage into winter will still be left). Plenty of opportunities to stop and take pictures with all of our cars as well.

I think it'll be a nice, organized trip though which should be a lot of fun. Hopefully everyone will enjoy the scenery and enjoy having some fun with your car too.

The meet is scheduled for the 19th but we also have a few other events planned I believe before that. And as always, we always get together for happy hour every Thursday in Tysons Corner. We almost alwyas have guys from Maryland come out too on Thursday nights if you wanted to tag along with them. (I work in Herndon but live in Maryland so I'm always around too)
Old 10-24-2005, 04:45 PM
mbq62

There is thread called "official fall drive" something like that. The info is inside. Welcome to the g35 community. and we have happy hour in tyson's corner on the border every thursday.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:47 PM
terryw

do you have an IM screen name?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Johnny_Utah79

Thanks for the information!! I live in Hagerstown MD and work in Thurmont MD as a network engineer. I drive over a mountain every day and wanted a sporty/luxury car and was looking at my choices. I had a BMW 325xi before and it was a great car and I did not have any complaints besides always having to put high octane gas in it. I was told by several people that with the Infiniti I could use mid-grade gas when I was not looking for performance. So this was defiantly one thing that I liked and was not forced to run high octane gas just to drive to work. So with that said this is why I decided to get the all wheel drive G35. Besides working a full time job I am also taking collage classes to get my degree. So I do appreciate the offers for happy hour but I am limited to weekend activities for the most part because of school and also my distance from everyone. Well have to run to the gym now but I will check back later on tonight. Talk to everyone later on!!
Old 10-24-2005, 05:10 PM
brian2004

Dale is up that way lol
Old 10-24-2005, 05:52 PM
arjunz

Hey Johnny,
Don't forget to wear pink pants to the skyline meet with a bright shirt, its a tradition of the NGC... you have to wear pink pants to the first meet.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Pratik

I was under the impression that the G35X also had to run on premium gas. ITs only 91+ octane
Old 10-24-2005, 06:17 PM
arjunz

so is ours.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:18 PM
JDM 350GT

congrats
tough call when you have G35X and 3series.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Johnny_Utah79

Well I could be wrong about the gas thing. When I was looking around I asked about gas and more than one service department said if you are not looking for high performance, then you can run mid-grade gas. They also said that I should run the high-grade once every couple tanks also, but only when I am on an empty tank so I don’t mix them. Arjunz … ummm not really sure about those pink pants lol. And Terryw, sorry but I don’t have an IM screen name that I use, they best way to get me is via email.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:30 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

running midrange could throw your detination off in the long run hurting your motor, but I am not entirely sure about this for that car, but it is the same VQ for ours.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:43 PM
JDM 350GT

yeah...keep 93 ppl...i used couple gallons of 89 when katrina hit and gas price went up crazily along w/ running out of gas in gas station.
that was a huge disaster...30 mins of waiting for gas...just ridiculous.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:48 PM
terryw

unless you have a turbo charged or super charged engine, you should be fine running even 87 octane. you just wont be get full power without running the recommended octane of gas. there are knock sensor in todays cars that detect your gas type and adjust accordingly so it wouldnt hurt your engine. in the long run i think it give me peace of mind knowing that ive been feeding her the good stuff as the manual recomends. but using low octane fuels shouldnt damage the engine at all. thats what i was told by a technician at infiniti

Quick Reply: New G35 owner and member!!