Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

G37X coupe for rallycross

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 11:05 PM
slowautoxr
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37X coupe for rallycross

I'm doing a little mental exercise right now. A little search didn't reveal anyone that uses a G37X coupe for any kind of rally purposes. Even though the car is heavy, 330 hp is pretty intriguing.

Of course a STi or Evo would be a safer bet. I had an Evo for few years and they're brutal on the dirt. My wife has a G37S and you can certainly feel it's heft but it sure does accelerate nice. Maybe it's that ground hugging weight

So if anyone is willing to play along and help me fill in some missing bits of info......

I can't find if the rear of the X has a LSD. It seems a viscous LSD is available with the Sport package but is that package available on the X? Do all Sport package cars come with big brakes and 19" wheels?

I know the standard wheel is 18x8 and it seems that 17" wheels will fit the standard brakes.

As far as wheels go, 17" wheels would be the preferred choice.

Now for the nannies.

Pressing the VDC button disables both traction and stability control. Is it truly off or does it come back on in extreme conditions? I'll also need to disable the ABS. I can't seem to find how or if it is possible. Pulling the ABS/VDC fuse appears to be not the thing to do. From what I read, the ATTESA E-TS system does not use the brakes to make adjustments.

So can I disable both VDC and ABS without going into some kind of limp mode and still retain the AWD system?
Old 01-03-2018, 08:58 AM
Lt8Che
'Cuz Racemod-erator

Received 316 Likes on 204 Posts
The rear of the X is not a LSD, it is an open, but you can switch it and it compensates well. I don't think that the Xs comes with the LSD either, but most likely comes with the sport brakes.

Most 17" wheels will fit the standard brake but not the Akebono sport brake.

Pressing the VDC button will "turn it off" but it rears it's ugly head again under extreme conditions (ie racing). It is pretty simple to get rid of the VDC (I've made a good walkthrough). I know others have disabled the ABS as well, should be pretty easy.