Motorsports / Track Th ultimate forum to discuss motorsports / track related topics for your G37.

I made my G37S Faster than ever

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 07:24 PM
joo030879
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Jungwoo: What do you think a G37 would run at BW13CW? I have it pegged at a 2:07 (stock).
Do you know of anyone who does 2:07 on stock G37? What is best proven time lap on a stock G37?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Mike

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Justin's car isn't set up for track. I have data from other drivers that are running faster times at BW on relatively stock cars. Charles' name is Charles Ng, not Charles Nguyen, unless you're talking about Dr. Charles

I think a G37 could to a 2:07, but has it been done? I don't think so. It's not a common car at the track...

RE-11/AD08... either one is competitive. How about RS3? 245/265.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:58 AM
joo030879
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mike
I think a G37 could to a 2:07, but has it been done? I don't think so. It's not a common car at the track...
I know 2:18.819, is doable on Stock G37S. I took brand new stock G37S, two days after I got them. 13CW hosted by Speed Ventures.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3z-ApQanWfc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3z-ApQanWfc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Last edited by joo030879; 11-24-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Mike

^^ It doesn't work. It asks me to log into that specific account

Also, just to clarify, by stock G37, I mean a stock G37 with different tires, brake pads, and an alignment (including camber arms, since you have no adjustability in the front at all). All core components (rims, drivetrain, interior) would stay stock.

Does the car under or oversteer through Riverside? I've never tracked my G, so I'm not sure where the bias of the car is at the limit. A 215/245 may understeer, while 245/275 may oversteer; I really don't know. Also, changing the tire sizes changes the rake of the car, which affects aero. Does that push it either way as well?

Last edited by Mike; 11-24-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:28 PM
jungwoo0622

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry mike i cant give you correct answer that you want.
It was more like oversteer with 245(bridgestone re050a)front and 275(nitto nt05)rear
I got that rear tire just before the track and coulndt get the same tire with front because of the price difference
Old 11-24-2010, 01:32 PM
jungwoo0622

changing the tire sizes changes the rake of the car, which affects aero. Does that push it either way as well?[/QUOTE]

wow mike are we at the same planet?
Old 11-24-2010, 01:43 PM
Mike

Well, the G was designed with zero lift from the factory if you get the rear spoiler. Changing the rake of the car will affect that, although I don't know if it creates a net lift or net downforce. If you gain front downforce or rear lift, then Riverside will get more rear happy. If you gain front lift, or rear downforce, then Riverside will go less rear happy, and possibly even understeer.

That turn is great for determining aero and handling balance since grip is the determining factor for cornering speed in nearly any car, not power.

Since you're on the side of oversteer, do you have the factory spoiler? Without the spoiler, only the front of the G is zero lift.

My analysis is better than my execution

You should come with Kangwoo to the next SoWS event
Old 11-24-2010, 02:12 PM
jungwoo0622

I dont have any spoiler and i dont think stock spoiler will help in any condition -_-
Itis TOO small.
If i cant break 8sec until next track day My next research will be a wing set up
Old 11-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Mike

I think you'll be able to hold 90's comfortably through Riverside with a wing, but I also 100% believe you can break 2:08 on your current setup, especially if the weather stays like this.

Has Kangwoo ever driven your car? He's pretty fast too....

Also, I think LSD might help you a lot through buttonhook, cotton corners, and the sweeper. Do you suffer from wheelspin?
Old 11-24-2010, 07:17 PM
jungwoo0622

yes kangwoo driven my car before but we didnt timed it

As you told me there is room to get better with this set up
I will focus to be a better driver right now.

but i will research on LSD also
feathering=slower

Last edited by jungwoo0622; 11-24-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:21 PM
joo030879
Registered Member

NXT Event @ Friday December 31, Laguna Seca Raceway

Still Plenty Room available, Spend your new years eve at Laguna Seca Racing. Might be unique way to close your year 2010.

Happy Holidays from Jeb Performance Tunning. Inc.

Five 20/25 minute Open Track sessions per group. This is a four run group event. There is no novice driving school at this event.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:33 PM
joo030879
Registered Member

lets go jungwoo

lets go mike
Old 12-02-2010, 09:04 PM
gshb

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hi joo and jungwoo. met you guys 2 events ago at buttonwillow. i regularly track my g37 as well, last event for me was infineon couple weeks ago in heavy rain. i was too afraid to turn off vdc since i have not done research into what that button actually does. for instance, does it turn off vdc and traction control or only vdc?

anyway, SV has dec 19 event at buttonwillow my friends and i are trying to organize. SV will give group discount for 5 or more people. discount is usually free timing or $10-20 off.

now for car setup, i usually run 245 square NT05 stock wheels (but recently changed to 245/255 v12 evo for rain conditions). i have stillen sway bars and exhaust and with my setup my best 13CW is 2:17.678. im hoping to break this record without any modification to the car this dec with cooler temps. the event i was at with you guys it was hitting 101F ambient, very disappointed i couldnt break my record that time.

im interested in the '10 ecu flash you said you did. can you elaborate what glitches the '08 has? i have not noticed anything wrong with engine performance since brand new. also, do you drive with vdc off? i would love to learn car control with it off but cant find a safe place to do it and the track is probably too fast to avoid nasty spins offs. maybe im a wuss lol
Old 12-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Mike

Laguna is too far, and WAY too hard on my car. I'll pass.

I'd be interested in BW. Discount for me since I have my own transponder =(
Old 12-02-2010, 11:00 PM
joo030879
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gshb
hi joo and jungwoo. met you guys 2 events ago at buttonwillow. i regularly track my g37 as well, last event for me was infineon couple weeks ago in heavy rain. i was too afraid to turn off vdc since i have not done research into what that button actually does. for instance, does it turn off vdc and traction control or only vdc?

anyway, SV has dec 19 event at buttonwillow my friends and i are trying to organize. SV will give group discount for 5 or more people. discount is usually free timing or $10-20 off.

now for car setup, i usually run 245 square NT05 stock wheels (but recently changed to 245/255 v12 evo for rain conditions). i have stillen sway bars and exhaust and with my setup my best 13CW is 2:17.678. im hoping to break this record without any modification to the car this dec with cooler temps. the event i was at with you guys it was hitting 101F ambient, very disappointed i couldnt break my record that time.

im interested in the '10 ecu flash you said you did. can you elaborate what glitches the '08 has? i have not noticed anything wrong with engine performance since brand new. also, do you drive with vdc off? i would love to learn car control with it off but cant find a safe place to do it and the track is probably too fast to avoid nasty spins offs. maybe im a wuss lol
Thank you for the tip. Me and Jungwoo became members with Ncracing, so definitely we will go more often to their events. Usually we are group of 4, so to events at Northern California. We are thinking about renting an RV locally before and return after the event. Just thought, nothing serious. It is +5 hours drive from where we live, so any event north of Buttonwillow takes serious consideration.

Actually there is nothing wrong with 08 ecu, We have become good friend with service manager and he voluntarily at no cost offered to update Jungwoo's ECU. Service Manager was doing it just for fun. No big difference at all. I guess more psychological than any evidence of power gain.

Now if I am not mistaken, VDC controls our throttle and rear brakes. When car senses slip, VDC will kick in and control rear brakes especially on a straight rear wheel spin. And throttle when senses slip on the turn. I am not too sure, maybe mike could explain better.

Yeah, I always forget to turn the darn VDC off too. Sometime during mid session notice something weird going on at the back. Struggle to reach VDC button without touching trunk opener and turn VDC off. Car settles and I am able to take better control of the car.

I would never dream to try but at the same time I do agree with Mike, our stock G37 is capable of braking or get darn close to 2:07. Will be scary, but doable. I think it will take a lot of skill, and definitely you do need good coach. Just like Jungwoo and I, we are lucky to have a friend. Who is from open race group +20yrs track experience, and at least once or twice a day will sit on passenger side. Risk his life with my driving skills and call out. "GASSSS", "BRAAKKEEEE" etc. and coach us to learn ways to go faster, and experience hands on. Somethings I learned through him next to me, I would not have ever learned on my own. To give you most stupid analogy, it is kind of like sex for the first time. You will never learn proper techniques by going through countless books, magazines, stories, videos, and etc. Until you really do it. Not that I invited a coach when I first did, but you get the point.

Well we have done some mods on our cars. But I think the mod enables us to do more things we would not considered without. But I don't think it makes us better track drivers. But mods do give us more confidence. I think that is what we need to find out for ourselves. CONFIDENCE.

So my point, if you are not comfortable turning off VDC. Dont turn it off. Maybe on our next event, our friend who coaches us who is real gentleman. If you ask, he will not say no. Turn it off, allow him to drive your car with you on Passenger. Stop at the pits and trade, he will be calling out BRAKKEEE GASSSSSS etc. And you will gain confidence by the end of the day to try on your own.

Last edited by joo030879; 12-03-2010 at 12:59 AM.

Quick Reply: I made my G37S Faster than ever