MODDING 411 Aftermarket Parts Available for the G37: What's Good, What's Not, Where to Go etc.

Dress up bolts ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 09:16 AM
IPL 370GT

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Dress up bolts ?

Seems that both Dressupbolts.com and ballerbolts.com are out of business . I've emailed Gallery Fresh but that would be my last pick. Does anyone know of a company producing titanium or quality stainless kits for G37? I also see intense power is selling titanium pieces but everyone knows of rep they carry.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Are you sure they are out of business? As far as Gallery, I like theirs but they don't answer email and none of their vendors seem to have any information or stock on anything.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:03 AM
IPL 370GT

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Are you sure they are out of business? As far as Gallery, I like theirs but they don't answer email and none of their vendors seem to have any information or stock on anything.
Ironically... I just received an email from Chris with Dress up bolts. I have been trying to get in-touch for two weeks. Maybe someone sent him a heads up?
Old 02-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by IPL 370GT
Ironically... I just received an email from Chris with Dress up bolts. I have been trying to get in-touch for two weeks. Maybe someone sent him a heads up?
They just have horrible communication skills. I tried getting in touch with them twice a year or two ago through email (they don't have a phone number listed anywhere) with no reply at all. I knew they were still in business because a friend bought something from them during that time. I blew them off - if they can't be bothered to answer my email when I'm trying to buy their products they aren't worthy of my money.

Chris (or anyone else who works for dress up bolts), if you read this ANSWER PEOPLE'S DAMN EMAILS WHEN THEY ARE TRYING TO BUY YOUR CRAP!

Best of luck. If you ever actually get the product, post pictures when you get them installed. They look very nice.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:30 AM
IPL 370GT

I will keep everyone posted and give an honest review

Hopefully he will confirm availability and color options. I will ask for a phone number before sending payment via paypal. I'm a little skeptical sending money to someone that cannot provide a contact number. prompt communication is always important when trying to sell a product.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by IPL 370GT
I will keep everyone posted and give an honest review

Hopefully he will confirm availability and color options. I will ask for a phone number before sending payment via paypal. I'm a little skeptical sending money to someone that cannot provide a contact number. prompt communication is always important when trying to sell a product.
I agree with this. With a business like this, it could very well be a one man operation working out of his home. And personally I'm totally fine with that, I did it myself. But having nothing more than a contact form on the webpage as a way to get in contact isn't optimal, especially when that contact has been known to be slow or completely unresponsive altogether. A phone number and direct email makes me feel better. I can understand no address if he works from home because of privacy concerns or maybe because he doesn't physically stock them and has the parts blind shipped form elsewhere.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:30 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
I have dealt with Chris... Communication is strained, at best, but he is a good guy. Hopefully you get your parts in a timely fashion and everything is complete. My kit(s) was missing four washers and he said he would send me them, but I have yet to receive them. It has been over six months.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:48 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

In fairness I have read of a customer experience with him on another forum where he went above and beyond to correct a mistake. That's great. He probably is a great dude. But again, the issue is that he had to go above and beyond to fix a service failure. This seems to be a recurring theme, doesn't it? Homie just needs to get his shiznit together a bit better before I send him a few hundred bucks for some bolts. Although they are stunning and I wish he would answer my emails and sell me some stuff. But I wont place an order if I can't even get a very simple question answered before I pay for something.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:41 PM
IPL 370GT

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
I have dealt with Chris... Communication is strained, at best, but he is a good guy. Hopefully you get your parts in a timely fashion and everything is complete. My kit(s) was missing four washers and he said he would send me them, but I have yet to receive them. It has been over six months.
Did you order the stainless kit or titanium. Your PM box is full BTW.

Sent you a message on FB.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:47 PM
IPL 370GT

Originally Posted by Black Betty
In fairness I have read of a customer experience with him on another forum where he went above and beyond to correct a mistake. That's great. He probably is a great dude. But again, the issue is that he had to go above and beyond to fix a service failure. This seems to be a recurring theme, doesn't it? Homie just needs to get his shiznit together a bit better before I send him a few hundred bucks for some bolts. Although they are stunning and I wish he would answer my emails and sell me some stuff. But I wont place an order if I can't even get a very simple question answered before I pay for something.
I concur. Hopefully I'll have some good news to report back with. From the sounds of it, this could be beer money OR just a side hobby. Regardless, the bolts look great and will compliment my new titanium engine goodies
Old 02-15-2013, 08:06 AM
IPL 370GT

* Update
Still haven't received a reply from Chris @ dressupbolts.com. I've sent around a half dozen emails trying to get them to take my money my order was going to consist of the full titanium engine kit and accessory caps, a total around 300$.

After sending an email requesting a phone number ALL communication stopped. My first email to Dress Up Bolts was last month. The last was yesterday morning including my phone number asking them/him to give me a call. I've spoke with other forum members that received kits from them with missing pieces... When they contacted dressupbolts.com they never recieved a reply.

I'm posting this update to keep everyone informed. I have seen multiple post lately regarding dress up bolts. The dressupbolts.com website allows you to add items to a cart and provides a checkout option. Just wanted to shine some light on a potential problem. I would avoid them
The following users liked this post:
Zelf24 (05-31-2013)
Old 02-15-2013, 09:08 AM
SgtGoldy

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Wow... How do people stay in business while conducting themselves as such.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Anyone have a list of sizes and quantities of the dress up bolt kit or know where I can get them?

I think I'm just gonna DIY it. It'll be cheaper, and I only wanna go with stainless.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:50 PM
ZOSTER33
Premier Member

Received 228 Likes on 166 Posts
So just wondering if you ever got a hold of Chris to place your order?
I ordered some dress up bolts the other day and I got an email from them confirming receipt of the order!!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:42 PM
Kevalteam

Received 158 Likes on 144 Posts
I also got the full kit but missing few bolt/nuts for the engine cover.... but never bother to send them email.....

Quick Reply: Dress up bolts ?