MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   MODDING 411 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/modding-411-340/)
-   -   Dress up bolts ? (https://www.myg37.com/forums/modding-411/244254-dress-up-bolts.html)

IPL 370GT 02-13-2013 09:16 AM

Dress up bolts ?

Seems that both Dressupbolts.com and ballerbolts.com are out of business :dunno:. I've emailed Gallery Fresh but that would be my last pick. Does anyone know of a company producing titanium or quality stainless kits for G37? I also see intense power is selling titanium pieces but everyone knows of rep they carry.

Black Betty 02-13-2013 10:10 AM

Are you sure they are out of business? As far as Gallery, I like theirs but they don't answer email and none of their vendors seem to have any information or stock on anything.

IPL 370GT 02-13-2013 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Black Betty (Post 3587531)
Are you sure they are out of business? As far as Gallery, I like theirs but they don't answer email and none of their vendors seem to have any information or stock on anything.

Ironically... I just received an email from Chris with Dress up bolts. I have been trying to get in-touch for two weeks. Maybe someone sent him a heads up? :dunno:

Black Betty 02-13-2013 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by IPL 370GT (Post 3587541)
Ironically... I just received an email from Chris with Dress up bolts. I have been trying to get in-touch for two weeks. Maybe someone sent him a heads up? :dunno:

They just have horrible communication skills. I tried getting in touch with them twice a year or two ago through email (they don't have a phone number listed anywhere) with no reply at all. I knew they were still in business because a friend bought something from them during that time. I blew them off - if they can't be bothered to answer my email when I'm trying to buy their products they aren't worthy of my money.

Chris (or anyone else who works for dress up bolts), if you read this ANSWER PEOPLE'S DAMN EMAILS WHEN THEY ARE TRYING TO BUY YOUR CRAP!

Best of luck. If you ever actually get the product, post pictures when you get them installed. They look very nice.

IPL 370GT 02-13-2013 11:30 AM

I will keep everyone posted and give an honest review :biggthumpup:

Hopefully he will confirm availability and color options. I will ask for a phone number before sending payment via paypal. I'm a little skeptical sending money to someone that cannot provide a contact number. prompt communication is always important when trying to sell a product.

Black Betty 02-13-2013 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by IPL 370GT (Post 3587594)
I will keep everyone posted and give an honest review :biggthumpup:

Hopefully he will confirm availability and color options. I will ask for a phone number before sending payment via paypal. I'm a little skeptical sending money to someone that cannot provide a contact number. prompt communication is always important when trying to sell a product.

I agree with this. With a business like this, it could very well be a one man operation working out of his home. And personally I'm totally fine with that, I did it myself. But having nothing more than a contact form on the webpage as a way to get in contact isn't optimal, especially when that contact has been known to be slow or completely unresponsive altogether. A phone number and direct email makes me feel better. I can understand no address if he works from home because of privacy concerns or maybe because he doesn't physically stock them and has the parts blind shipped form elsewhere.

WPPJR30 02-13-2013 12:30 PM

I have dealt with Chris... Communication is strained, at best, but he is a good guy. Hopefully you get your parts in a timely fashion and everything is complete. My kit(s) was missing four washers and he said he would send me them, but I have yet to receive them. It has been over six months. :icon43:

Black Betty 02-13-2013 12:48 PM

In fairness I have read of a customer experience with him on another forum where he went above and beyond to correct a mistake. That's great. He probably is a great dude. But again, the issue is that he had to go above and beyond to fix a service failure. This seems to be a recurring theme, doesn't it? Homie just needs to get his shiznit together a bit better before I send him a few hundred bucks for some bolts. Although they are stunning and I wish he would answer my emails and sell me some stuff. But I wont place an order if I can't even get a very simple question answered before I pay for something.

IPL 370GT 02-13-2013 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by WPPJR30 (Post 3587627)
I have dealt with Chris... Communication is strained, at best, but he is a good guy. Hopefully you get your parts in a timely fashion and everything is complete. My kit(s) was missing four washers and he said he would send me them, but I have yet to receive them. It has been over six months. :icon43:

Did you order the stainless kit or titanium. Your PM box is full BTW.

Sent you a message on FB.

IPL 370GT 02-13-2013 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Black Betty (Post 3587641)
In fairness I have read of a customer experience with him on another forum where he went above and beyond to correct a mistake. That's great. He probably is a great dude. But again, the issue is that he had to go above and beyond to fix a service failure. This seems to be a recurring theme, doesn't it? Homie just needs to get his shiznit together a bit better before I send him a few hundred bucks for some bolts. Although they are stunning and I wish he would answer my emails and sell me some stuff. But I wont place an order if I can't even get a very simple question answered before I pay for something.

I concur. Hopefully I'll have some good news to report back with. From the sounds of it, this could be beer money OR just a side hobby. Regardless, the bolts look great and will compliment my new titanium engine goodies :D

IPL 370GT 02-15-2013 08:06 AM

* Update
Still haven't received a reply from Chris @ dressupbolts.com. I've sent around a half dozen emails trying to get them to take my money :icon22: my order was going to consist of the full titanium engine kit and accessory caps, a total around 300$.

After sending an email requesting a phone number ALL communication stopped. My first email to Dress Up Bolts was last month. The last was yesterday morning including my phone number asking them/him to give me a call. I've spoke with other forum members that received kits from them with missing pieces... When they contacted dressupbolts.com they never recieved a reply.

I'm posting this update to keep everyone informed. I have seen multiple post lately regarding dress up bolts. The dressupbolts.com website allows you to add items to a cart and provides a checkout option. Just wanted to shine some light on a potential problem. I would avoid them ;)

SgtGoldy 02-15-2013 09:08 AM

Wow... How do people stay in business while conducting themselves as such.

Rad_Slinger 02-18-2013 10:23 AM

Anyone have a list of sizes and quantities of the dress up bolt kit or know where I can get them?

I think I'm just gonna DIY it. It'll be cheaper, and I only wanna go with stainless.

ZOSTER33 02-18-2013 01:50 PM

So just wondering if you ever got a hold of Chris to place your order?
I ordered some dress up bolts the other day and I got an email from them confirming receipt of the order!!

Kevalteam 02-18-2013 02:42 PM

I also got the full kit but missing few bolt/nuts for the engine cover.... but never bother to send them email.....