Chicago!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 04:30 PM
UNCTYPE-S
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by datacenter
Downers Grove reporting in..

Getting 50% tint done today, hopefully there wont be issues in the **** state..
Nice. I'm around Westmont/Downers every day.

You're fine with 50%. It's legal in IL. Heck, even 35% all around is too which is what I have.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah, but if you go to the city with 35 percent you may get a ticket which you can fight and win. They love handing out tickets in the city for that

Yeah I was on vacation and wish the weather here would warm up so I can drive with the top down. I've done it a few times but its still a little cool.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:44 PM
SlateBlueG37x

Newbie in Hinsdale Checking In

Hello, all! Just joined the group and wanted to check in and say Hello! I am (no laughing, please) leasing a 2011 G37x coupe, took delivery on 12/30/10, and LOVE this car. Would like to mod it some even though it is a leased vehicle, I don't mind spending (some may say wasting) the money. First thing I need to do is find a PRO window tint shop and look forward to your suggestions and to making new friends here. I see lots of G35s on the road but damn few 37s. Cheers, Patti
Old 04-02-2011, 04:39 PM
UNCTYPE-S
Banned

Hinsdale? I'm your neighbor in Willowbrook!
Nice to see another Blue Slate coupe driving around. I hardly see G37 coupes and NEVER see any Blue Slates, only sedan's.

I actually met another Blue Slate coupe yesterday in Westmont. He was just driving through and lives in the city. Maybe he will join.

As for tint, I have a guy in Naperville that does great work. I'd be happy to meet up sometime and show you my mods. Or search for my picture thread or garage.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:19 PM
G Girl

I'm in Darien. I rarely ever see any G37's. I have had all my cars tinted by Riggs Brothers in Downers Grove (630-852-1717). They do a great job. Ask for Ron and he will be able to hook you up. Hope to see you around.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:22 PM
UNCTYPE-S
Banned

Wow, 2 girls...both my neighbors. I feel so special!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:12 PM
SlateBlueG37x

Talking Western Chicago Suburban Girls with Hot Cars

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S
Wow, 2 girls...both my neighbors. I feel so special!
Us girls just got smart and went with the G37s and ditched the BMW335s! We knew a better deal when we saw one! Patti
Old 04-03-2011, 11:15 PM
SlateBlueG37x

Thanks, G Girl. Everyone around the vicinity tells me Riggs is the place to go. Appreciate your input. Just now trying to decide what percentage tint and type of film. Have a great day...Patti
Old 04-03-2011, 11:25 PM
UNCTYPE-S
Banned

Patti, I'd be willing to meet up w/ you soon to show you my tint before you make your decision. This is the 3rd car I've done w/ this company in Naperville and very pleased. They do the DOT matrix perfectly and get very close to the edge of each window.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:57 AM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Mini Meet Saturday 4.9.2011

Forecast: 68 degrees and Sunny!!!

Ok so Fezzik and I are going to meet in the city tomorrow around 4:45 off of Lakeshore Drive at a Parking lot/Park on N. Recreation Dr. (exit just south of Irving Park Rd. Exit).

The reason we are meeting here and at this time is that Fezzik has a conference all day downtown and gets out at 4:30 (please don't think it's my doing just cause I live downtown)

Main reason that we are definitely meeting: I just HAVE to check out his GTM Supercharged G! I am sure others would love to see and hear an F/I G if they haven't already but I am making my final choices on F/I and the route I am going as well so I am very lucky to get a chance to see this in person and so close.

We would love for other G's to join and maybe even grab something to eat as well just to meet others in our local community.

Let us know if anyone is interested and please don't be shy... His drop-top S/C G is a must see!

AND ITS GOING TO BE 68 AND SUNNY!!! why wouldn't you want to be out in your G's (we do not want to hear any weather comments from the other fortunate members that think 68 and sunny is cold where they live, we know Chicago weather sucks but look at it this way, look how much we appreciate such a day!)

Hope that at least a few others can make it!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:50 PM
xeroed

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
That lot is usually pretty packed on a Saturday but I may swing by if I'm still sober by then...
Old 04-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
It'll be fun for sure. I'm in the middle of testing a sti-r plus radar detector as well
Old 04-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by xeroed
That lot is usually pretty packed on a Saturday but I may swing by if I'm still sober by then...
I thought about that and you are right, well, on a nice day like this weekend it should be but I am not talking the "strip" parking along the tennis courts, I am talking about the one where you go closer to the golf course close to the lake off of that recreation drive exit. There is always open parking there and its a nice area too... worse case there are two more options right on that recreation drive that usually are open. But worse worst case: Montrose Park always has parking if we need to go up one exit more due to space... it depends on how many are interested as well.

Let us know your thoughts.

Last edited by Chi-City-G; 04-08-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:21 PM
vactor
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
keep posted on what you guys are doing. i have a class until about 9 or 9:30 tomorrow night would love to see fellow G-ers in the evening ...
Old 04-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by vactor
keep posted on what you guys are doing. i have a class until about 9 or 9:30 tomorrow night would love to see fellow G-ers in the evening ...

What time do your classes start?

Quick Reply: Chicago!!!!