Midwestern Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

Chicago!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 03:51 PM
UNCTYPE-S
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodfield is usually the spot for most car forums that I have seen or been involved with. I'm open to anywhere as I love to cruise anyway.

One thing though is this 45 degree weather is sure a tease!
Old 02-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Z gave way to G

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S
Woodfield is usually the spot for most car forums that I have seen or been involved with. I'm open to anywhere as I love to cruise anyway.

One thing though is this 45 degree weather is sure a tease!
Tell me about it. I was going to wash my car outside in the driveway, but got lazy....
Old 03-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Z gave way to G

Okay peeps, we're in March and getting closer to spring time!!! Chi-city, not too much longer my friend. I gots some stuff to do before we all get together, so let me know what the consensus is.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
^ Dude I can't wait any longer... I gotta wake her up! I would like at least one more rainfall though (should be as soon as this weekend) and there are a few projects I have for the car too that might have it down but I say we start looking to set a date/time/place soon!

Let us know your thoughts others.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Gee37S

I'm going to be in Chicago for 2 days next week, driving down for LABASH in West Lafayette... Any bars you guys recommend in the area? Looking to have a good time on wednesday and thursday night!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Z gave way to G

Go to Rush St.! Rush and Division to be more exact. Linkin Park has a lot of nice spots also. Then there is always Wrigleyville, but Chi-City-G lives in the city, I believe. He'll be a better judge. PM him if he doesn't see this.
Old 03-16-2011, 08:01 PM
G Girl

Rush and Division is a good spot. There's a bunch of bars there and you should be find a place that you'll like. Fun times!
Old 03-16-2011, 10:07 PM
Z gave way to G

About our meet/greet, I have some things I need to do to the ride before it's ready. April would be the earliest, but my April weekends are pretty full. If we are going to do April, let me know what everyone thinks. It would have to be one of the first two weekends.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Gee37S
I'm going to be in Chicago for 2 days next week, driving down for LABASH in West Lafayette... Any bars you guys recommend in the area? Looking to have a good time on wednesday and thursday night!

Kind of depends on how old you are and what scene you like...
Here is My Advice:

Wednesday... Go to Wrigleyville and check out a few of all of the bars on Clark street; if you aren't feeling the one you are in... go next door and it should be better (apply this plan until it works or your are not thirsty anymore and you will be fine but there are a ton of different types of bars all right next to one another or across the street there).

I say Wrigleyville Wednesday becuase it is a younger crowd and no one needs a reason to go out when they're young so it might be a bit more happening then other places.

Thursday... I say start your night off at Benchmark on Wells street in Old Town and see how things are there and from there if not too much is going on almost right next to it is a place called Fireplace Inn that depending on the night can be a great time if the crowd permits. From there head to the new Moe's Cantina in River North, its new so there is usually a healthy crowd and it has a very nice mix of people who go. Some other good bars in that area are LaSalle Power Co. and another is called English. From there you are on your own to choose a late night 4 a.m. club if you choose but Hub 51 (and Sub 51) is right down the street if you want to keep going.

I just gave you a remedy for a good two nights in the city and a healthy mix, the rest is up to you to make it such. Either way have fun and be safe and enjoy this beautiful city!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

I am out of town the first weekend of April... I know we don't all have to be there but it isn't the biggest group so we could at least try to coordinate a day where most of can meet (AKA please dont schedule it the first weekend of April cause I don't want to miss it)...
Old 03-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
Ok. lets get a meet going of just g37s. Lets start getting dates. Looks like first weekends in april. How's april 12th around 2pm lookin for everyone?
Old 03-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Gee37S

Originally Posted by Z gave way to G
Go to Rush St.! Rush and Division to be more exact. Linkin Park has a lot of nice spots also. Then there is always Wrigleyville, but Chi-City-G lives in the city, I believe. He'll be a better judge. PM him if he doesn't see this.
Originally Posted by G Girl
Rush and Division is a good spot. There's a bunch of bars there and you should be find a place that you'll like. Fun times!
Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
Kind of depends on how old you are and what scene you like...
Here is My Advice:

Wednesday... Go to Wrigleyville and check out a few of all of the bars on Clark street; if you aren't feeling the one you are in... go next door and it should be better (apply this plan until it works or your are not thirsty anymore and you will be fine but there are a ton of different types of bars all right next to one another or across the street there).

I say Wrigleyville Wednesday becuase it is a younger crowd and no one needs a reason to go out when they're young so it might be a bit more happening then other places.

Thursday... I say start your night off at Benchmark on Wells street in Old Town and see how things are there and from there if not too much is going on almost right next to it is a place called Fireplace Inn that depending on the night can be a great time if the crowd permits. From there head to the new Moe's Cantina in River North, its new so there is usually a healthy crowd and it has a very nice mix of people who go. Some other good bars in that area are LaSalle Power Co. and another is called English. From there you are on your own to choose a late night 4 a.m. club if you choose but Hub 51 (and Sub 51) is right down the street if you want to keep going.

I just gave you a remedy for a good two nights in the city and a healthy mix, the rest is up to you to make it such. Either way have fun and be safe and enjoy this beautiful city!
Thanks guys, appreciate it! I'll definitely check those places out. I'm going with a few friends, early to mid twenties, looking to have a good time! Looks like it's in the works
Old 03-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Z gave way to G

Originally Posted by Fezzik
Ok. lets get a meet going of just g37s. Lets start getting dates. Looks like first weekends in april. How's april 12th around 2pm lookin for everyone?

Fezz,
Hey bro, I think you're looking at the March calendar. April 12th is a Tuesday. April 9th, would be the second Saturday in April. I should be good for the 9th at 2 if that works for everyone else. Did we decide where to meet?
Old 03-21-2011, 12:10 AM
UNCTYPE-S
Banned

Saturday was beautiful! Can't wait to roll the windows down and keep them down at night. It's almost here!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:21 PM
datacenter

Downers Grove reporting in..

Getting 50% tint done today, hopefully there wont be issues in the **** state..

Quick Reply: Chicago!!!!