Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Help Intake/exhaust combo suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 11:43 PM
AnotherVQ
Registered Member

Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts
Yeah I was thinking that when I bought the car in October lol.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:26 PM
AnotherVQ
Registered Member

I managed to get the other shop I was waiting on that had a bunch of really high reviews to answer the phone on Tuesday. They quoted me $150 for the catback install and said it would take 2 hours. They quoted me $600 for high flow cat install and said it would take ALL DAY. They told me they won't install the intake because of the cutting required.

I'm currently awaiting a quote from a more promising shop in my area, relative to that one I went to on Memorial Day who got my car all dirty.

@Dzionassi Do you know if the whiteline bushing upgrade is any good? Or have any recommendations? I'd rather upgrade the bushing than something like that $20 workaround from Motorvate's DIY video and obviously don't want to buy a whole new assembly down there like Nissan thinks we're going to do.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:34 PM
Dzionassi
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by AnotherVQ
I managed to get the other shop I was waiting on that had a bunch of really high reviews to answer the phone on Tuesday. They quoted me $150 for the catback install and said it would take 2 hours. They quoted me $600 for high flow cat install and said it would take ALL DAY. They told me they won't install the intake because of the cutting required.

I'm currently awaiting a quote from a more promising shop in my area, relative to that one I went to on Memorial Day who got my car all dirty.

@Dzionassi Do you know if the whiteline bushing upgrade is any good? Or have any recommendations? I'd rather upgrade the bushing than something like that $20 workaround from Motorvate's DIY video and obviously don't want to buy a whole new assembly down there like Nissan thinks we're going to do.
I have diff brace, my stock bushing is intact, I am not planing to do anything with it.. You could do epoxy and 3M window weld for now.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:36 PM
AnotherVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Dzionassi
I have diff brace, my stock bushing is intact, I am not planing to do anything with it.. You could do epoxy and 3M window weld for now.
Yeah I want a real fix for it if possible not a workaround.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:41 PM
AnotherVQ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Aftermarket intakes don't make much noise until you're under load.

Replacing your OEM cats will certainly cause your garage walls to rumble while the car is warming up, and afterwards for that matter. If that's unacceptable, then pass on the aftermarket cats.
Just got the FI RHFC and Stillen catback installed yesterday. They're perfect and definitely less loud than the single exit with stock cats. No issues with loudness when cold starting in garage. Exactly what I wanted. I can actually hear the VQ sound now instead of just my exhaust. Great combo...

I also measured loudness in an open area with the sound meter placed parallel to the ground (at least 8" above ground) at the center of the exhaust, 20" away from exhaust tip at 45 degree angle @ 4500 RPM.

Old exhaust and cats: 112.3 dB(A)
New exhaust and cats: 101.5 dB(A)
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (08-15-2020)