Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Squeaky noise coming from under car after installing Magnaflow Catback-Exhaust K

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 06:16 PM
MurdaManolo

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Squeaky noise coming from under car after installing Magnaflow Catback-Exhaust K

So stoked to have finally gotten a Magnaflow Cat-back exhaust kit installed in My 2012 G37 Sport Sedan. after a day of driving it though i hear a squeak coming from under the car. If i move the exhaust around i don't hear a squeak but i hear it whenever i drive. does not necessarily happen only with bumps, happens on uneven roads and during anything minimal in the road. Just purchased vehicle about a month ago and this is something that has presented itself after installing the aftermarket exhaust. Any ideas on what is causing this and how to get rid of it? any and all info welcomed
Old 06-30-2014, 02:04 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by MurdaManolo
So stoked to have finally gotten a Magnaflow Cat-back exhaust kit installed in My 2012 G37 Sport Sedan. after a day of driving it though i hear a squeak coming from under the car. If i move the exhaust around i don't hear a squeak but i hear it whenever i drive. does not necessarily happen only with bumps, happens on uneven roads and during anything minimal in the road. Just purchased vehicle about a month ago and this is something that has presented itself after installing the aftermarket exhaust. Any ideas on what is causing this and how to get rid of it? any and all info welcomed
Welcome to the site
Other than making sure everything is tightened down and you didn't miss any of the rubber isolator bushing/mounts that should be it. Some exhausts have very little clearance if there's a center bar between the midpipes so might check that if it applies to your Magnaflow. There's also issues w/ the cat heatshields, but that's more of a rattle

Post up a few pics and a sound clip if you can as there's not a lot of reviews on them.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:04 PM
MurdaManolo

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for the response and will do soon. Getting the issue worked out first then i will put up pics and sound clip. Other than the annoying noise which will be addressed today they look great and sound awesome. Appreciate the info.