Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

HKS vs. ARK

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 12:55 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Soliditude
I chose FI for its amazing sound, and also for the best customer service ever from Tony. Ark is the second best-sounding, in my opinion. Then Meisterschaft.
Have you heard Meistercraft in person? Was it a full CBE or just mufflers or what did the car have? I've heard youtube videos but always wanted to hear opinions from someone who heard it in person.

That stuff is expensive though!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 03:06 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I say Go FI Carbon Fiber With 12 inch resonators and their RHFC and own all!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 04:12 AM
Soliditude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xlack
Have you heard Meistercraft in person? Was it a full CBE or just mufflers or what did the car have? I've heard youtube videos but always wanted to hear opinions from someone who heard it in person.

That stuff is expensive though!!!

Never heard it in person, unfortunately. As a matter of fact, I only saw 1 video of it on a G37. Most of them are run on the Z's, although I can't imagine it would sound any different on a G. I would've gotten it, but everyone said it was obnoxiously loud in person, so I skipped.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Amd expensive ^
Old 10-09-2011, 02:01 PM
xlack
Registered Member

I know sahiwal007 has the full Meistercraft CBE. Maybe da mayor can chime in here... He's heard of it in person.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:39 AM
Soliditude

Originally Posted by Doggy
Amd expensive ^
Yep. A bit too much, I think. $2.8k is the area where you'd say, "ah, I'll just get an Amuse and the heck with it!"

Originally Posted by xlack
I know sahiwal007 has the full Meistercraft CBE. Maybe da mayor can chime in here... He's heard of it in person.
They better be reading this post and taping some videos for us, lol. I want to know whether it drones and whether it resonates the interior of the car in the low RPM range like most other exhausts do.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:47 AM
911turbo
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Soliditude
First off, HKS is a JDM product, so it'll be flawless. There are plenty of places to buy it here in the US and get it delivered within a week or so. If price is no difference to you, definitely go with the HKS. The HKS will also have better fitment--almost guaranteed--becuse Ark has lots of issues with the canisters/tips alignment. I'm saying this from pictures that I've seen. There is a reason why HKS is more pricey: It has original design behind it, and it'll fit much better around your bumper, too. Additionally, I've heard many times that the burnt tips on the HKS last much better and don't turn brown as Ark's do overtime; that would be a major factor for me.

There was a forum member here who recently got an HKS and posted like 30 pictures from the welds to the fitment. I looked over everything and it was flawless. Ark is a great exhaust, but, IMO, HKS is better. It's one of the top exhausts available for our cars--for any car which has one, for that matter.

By the way, the IPL and the S exhausts are different, as for as I know. The IPL is a true-dual from Nismo, whereas the S is a factory one from Infiniti. They probably do have exact same fitment, though, because Nismo replicates a perfect fit, so I believe they will be interchangeable.

Saying that JDM products are flawless - FAIL.

Tanabe coils can be complete sh8t. with customer service to match it.

HKS canisters side horizontal. Where as ARK is angled down the center. If on looks I would choose the ARK. Im a lil biased. But my cousin has HKS and it does sound baddd nonetheless but ARK looks meaner IMO. Sits STOOPID low but looks STOOPID good
Old 10-10-2011, 02:08 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 911turbo

HKS canisters side horizontal. Where as ARK is angled down the center. If on looks I would choose the ARK. Im a lil biased. But my cousin has HKS and it does sound baddd nonetheless but ARK looks meaner IMO. Sits STOOPID low but looks STOOPID good
I've nothing against ARK but what you said... Lol

Old 10-10-2011, 02:17 AM
911turbo
Registered Member

OH, iBESSRSLY
Old 10-10-2011, 02:27 AM
xlack
Registered Member

Hahaha

Old 10-10-2011, 03:25 AM
G35_FTMFW

Go ahead buy the ARK replica, because when the authentic companies close down then they will have nothing to copy.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:14 AM
Soliditude

Read my posts right. Flawless in comparison to Ark, and from the experience which Sco1oter had with his own HKS. This has nothing to do with JDM products in general and neither with every HKS on the planet, nor does it relate to Tanabe suspension in any shape or form. Hence, fail on your false analogy there, especially with "a lil bias."
Old 10-10-2011, 11:05 AM
911turbo
Registered Member

Lol. all i read was "First off, HKS is a JDM product, so it'll be flawless" so dont get all butthurt. haha
Old 10-10-2011, 12:54 PM
ipitythefoo
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_FTMFW
Go ahead buy the ARK replica, because when the authentic companies close down then they will have nothing to copy.
My point exactly haha. Going to kill this industry.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:10 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts

Besides the fact that HKS is the original product, I prefer it over Ark because it doesn't sit that low. I d hate to scratch my exhaust every I go with a slight incline.

Quick Reply: HKS vs. ARK