Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Help me people

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 04:36 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Help me people

Hi, I tried to install the injen CAI just now, everything was a lil tricky because i think the 2010 model is slightly different.
Anyway, to cut it short, i met a problem when i tried to install my passanger side(your driver side, i have a JDM skyline), it seemed that the pipe is a lil long, and i cant seem to bring the pipe down to fit into the rubber connecting to the engine.
The one on my driver side(your passanger side) fits easy, without hassle. So i went about to measure both of them and it seems that the one on my passanger side is a lil longer... well, is there anyway anyone can help me install it? like are there any tricks to install this? This is killing me... its my 330am in the morning and i cant sleep trying to hassle with the intakes... Does anyone know what is goin wrong? Thanks a lot.

Sean
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Old 06-12-2010, 06:45 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like you've been working on this for awhile, I'd take a break and get some sleep you'll think better in the morning. Your passenger side hose is shorter, if I remember right I had to re-route mine a bit to fit, although I have a different intake it's probably the same problem. It's not a big deal worse case if you can't do that is buying a longer hose for <$10.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:14 PM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Are you talking about the little 2" hoses?

Pics?
Old 06-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Q8y_drifter

Received 39 Likes on 9 Posts
It is a b!tch to install but keep trying till you get it right. the harder side took me a good 15mins just to install. It will help if you disconnect the tubing section that goes from the little black plastic box to the engine block. Install the provided tube to the intake pipe first, then install the black box to that tube, then reinstall the tube that goes from the box to the engine block. I think that's how I eventually got it right.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:33 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Sorry guys, i fall aslp last night, but hey, thanks a lot for all the replies.
And Redg37snc, mine goes longer, not shorter, so when it sits on the stand-off that we have to insert, the intake is a lil higher than the engine.
Stoof, my problem is more on the pipes than the 2" hose, because i cant seem to even push down the intake to face it to the 3/4" hose thats on the throttle body. I have pics, but i don't know how to post them up here, i'll email it to you if you give me your email addy.
Q8y_drifter, i tried connecting the tube to the intake pipe first, but i still can't get it to fit to the throttle body, i tried to bend it at an angle but it won't move, because its already pressing on the stand-off...
I took the install to sleep last night, and when i woke up, i had an idea to maybe bend the air intake bracket into a "Z" shape, so it will go down a little bit, so the pipes will face the throttle body at a right angle. What do you guys think?
Old 06-12-2010, 11:30 PM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

hey guys, i just went down and tried it again, and this time i sort of yanked it as i tried to make it fit, and IT WORKS!! i got the pipes to go into the tube, and had such a hard time trying to make it fit, now its installed, and thanks guys!!! i guess your replies gave me a boost that if you guys say its possible, then it should be. and it did!! Thanks so much! Now i'll get down there and install my driver side, i took it off to measure last night, and compared the 2, not i just need to get it done. Thank you thank youss
Old 06-12-2010, 11:35 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Amazing what a little sleep can do, I was thinking you were talking about crank case hoses, anyway glad you got it in.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:26 AM
tWistedMissiOn
Registered Member

Haha! I was thinking about that too haha... Thanks a lot though, you guys are great