Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Help Modified exhaust ticket WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 03:14 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs down Modified exhaust ticket WTF!

So I just got off wrk after a 12 hour shift and I was on my way home dead tired, and was very sleepy , I was heading toward the freeway and saw a cop coming east and I was heading west! He flips a bitch and follows me I was not speeding playing music or anything except wanting to go home and sleep cause I have to be back at wrk at 9am. So cop follows me for 5-10 min and I get to the on ramp and he pulls me over at a red light.

Cop says - license , reg, insurance .

Me- may I ask why I was pulled over .

Cop-you have a modified exhaust , dis you know it's illegal in the state of FL.

Me - no sir I thought it was only illegal to take off cats!

Cop-nope it's illegal . Y do you ask me y u where stopped, do you want to know if I had a good enough reason to stop you.

Me- no sir i was just asking .

Cop-wait here!

I' Was sitting there for about 15 min while Cop comes back and said blah blH blah comply within 30 days or license will be suspended.

Me - May I ask u a question!

Cop- I'm not done. Blah blah blah sign here, no not Like that, exactly like it is on your license.

he gives me the ticket and He walks away and I said you Fukn ******* it's 2am I wrked all day and night and I have to return to wrk in 6 hours and I'm getting stopped for this cmon, this is BS I had never been harrassed for my exhaust . I here harleys and civics louder and more obnoxious than my car.

Anyway I was thinking all that on my way home. I felt like saying this though but I'm sure it would had made things worse.

So what should I do? Pay the fine? Fight this? I mean Isnt Fast intentions Catback 50 state legal? I think it says on ticket to pay 115$ within 30 days!!! I'm so upset , tired and last thing I need is a ticket...
Old 06-01-2010, 03:18 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I think you might want to check with your State law... some states let you modify exhaust, but within certain db level. And some states won't let you mod exhaust at all. And I guess some don't care at all. lol
Old 06-01-2010, 03:20 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Pay the ticket. Charge it to the game. Be glad you have never been stopped for it before and hope you never are again.

It must have been significantly loud enough for him to notice it if he stopped you for it.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:22 AM
AvosG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry about that dude. any cop may be an a$$hole. i think u should pay the fine. i rather to pay the fine instead of the fix-it ticket. fix-it ticket will cost more. pay to take it off, pay to prove the police, n then pay to put it back on.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:25 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I was cruising at 20-25 how loud could it had been, anyway apparently in state of Florida it's illegal, I remember in Cali I got a similar ticket and a officer signed it off cause it was under 95db ...

So just pay it huh ? I really would hate having to go to court I really hate the courts here and will probably rather pay then dealing with all that crap...
Old 06-01-2010, 04:11 AM
J2S2M

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Whenever I see a cop, I just pop my AT into manual mode and shift @ like 2k rpm. lol
I say just pay the fine and move on. Shlt happens bro
Old 06-01-2010, 04:19 AM
AvosG37

it doesnt matter if it lower than 95db. its still illegal for smog n stuff. law is stupid
Old 06-01-2010, 04:31 AM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Originally Posted by J2S2M
Whenever I see a cop, I just pop my AT into manual mode and shift @ like 2k rpm. lol
I say just pay the fine and move on. Shlt happens bro
Shift into neutral.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:35 AM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
in california a cat back is legal if it complies at or below 95 db.
Vehicle Exhaust Noise Level Certification

"If your vehicle does not meet the standard, the Referee will give you a report that lists the recorded decibel readings. Your vehicle must be repaired to meet the standard of not more than 95 decibels"

obviously hi-flow cats and test pipes are not legal in california. but you live in florida...so is the florida law stipulate noise or emissions??? someone needs to do sum readin' so that they can make a better judgement. no reason why you should pay if you don't have to. it might go on your record.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:42 AM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by AvosG37
it doesnt matter if it lower than 95db. its still illegal for smog n stuff. law is stupid
looks like you need to read up on the law too. a catback is fine as long it complies to 95db or lower. any exhast system is fine unless you touch the cats...
Old 06-01-2010, 06:18 AM
Team Punisher

Play pay... Mods = $$
Old 06-01-2010, 07:18 AM
AvosG37

Originally Posted by cvt
looks like you need to read up on the law too. a catback is fine as long it complies to 95db or lower. any exhast system is fine unless you touch the cats...
cops pulled over me for exhaust n i told him it is lower than 95db but he said it doesnt matter if it lower than 95db. it not only for noise level, it also for enviroment n doesnt pass smog. but luckily, he was nice n let me go wit warning.

Last edited by AvosG37; 06-01-2010 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Greg Lecewicz

never heard of it. Looks to me like he was trying to check what you have in the car. It is very simple, go to the court and you WILL win. Unless he can prove your exhaust creates a dangerous situation on the road. In Florida you can run straight pipes legally as long as you have the cats. Some cities have noise ordinances like in Sarasota to curb mainly the subs in peoples cars. I sell sound systems so I know. I never heard about any cops in Florida doing stuff like their compatriots in other states. Anyway this is the strangest situation you just described, go to court.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:44 AM
KLB

Go to court. There is a chance he won't show up and the ticket will get tossed.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Since our cars come with dual exhausts with larger than average openings, how does he determine that your exhaust was modified before pulling you over?

Quick Reply: Help Modified exhaust ticket WTF!