Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Review Invidia Gemini! Installed!! or kinda lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 04:51 PM
911turbo
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Talking Invidia Gemini! Installed!! or kinda lol

Hey everyone,

I bought the exhaust from GTHAL. Great guy he sold it to me a lil while ago and it finally got here lol. He packed it up like crazy with bubble wrap and all. (some loud @#$ bubble wrap lol, we put some under the car while we were installing and when my friends moved or inched up it poped and made them jump haha)

INSTALL:
Stuff needed:
-2 Jack Stands
-Wrenches
-1 or 2 friends lol.. (we were just chillin)

The install took us about an hour, I'd recommend a friend to help alot with the installation if your doing it at home.

We had to take off the shield over the mid / B pipes because we could not get the Y pipe to Mids bolts off lol... Tried EVERYTHING, impact wrench, torque one too.. lol. So just took it off and it was all good.

THOUGHTS:
I had the megan before this exhaust, it had more volume than the gemini does. The gemini is pretty quietish... depends i guess. Its deep at around 1-3k then it sounds like stock but a lil bit louder. maybe like 1.5x louder. I really like this exhaust its GREAT, DEFINATELY felt some power gains throughout the RPMS. The Megan i didnt feel SQUAT. but the Gemini mann..... feels good . Would have to definately recommend the Gemini to those who dont wanna be in your face loud, but Noticeably louder. It sounds very clean. The megan kinda had some rasp in the higher RPM's, THe Gemini does not have any at all.
The Gemini minus the muffler also sounds pretty good too lol
couldnt help it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DfwOLdG8DKE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DfwOLdG8DKE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Video with muffler on
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5SfZ_CiTC4s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5SfZ_CiTC4s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

John

Last edited by 911turbo; 02-11-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Fixed video
Old 01-07-2010, 05:49 PM
TreSe7en
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definetly a nice exhaust, although I'm thnking about selling mine , not as deep as I thought it'd be especially with my test pipes. 
Old 01-07-2010, 05:57 PM
nogoodname
Banned

sounds good........... did you have a family picnic...hahaha
Old 01-07-2010, 06:33 PM
911turbo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by TreSe7en
Definetly a nice exhaust, although I'm thnking about selling mine , not as deep as I thought it'd be especially with my test pipes. 
I see... test pipes??? any CEL's? does it add volume? Because i've been thinking about getting HFC's with mine in the future. I wanna know how it sounds. Only heard that one on youtube with HFC from kinetix. I been wondering about TP's too...

Originally Posted by nogoodname
sounds good........... did you have a family picnic...hahaha
Haha nah man. Those were some friends. The youngest asian kid was my lil brother lol... 12 years old and hes taller than me haha.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:37 PM
gthal

Really glad it arrived in great shape and that you like it. I really HATED the fact that I had to sell it. I think the Gemini is one of the best exhausts for the G37. When my wife changed jobs recently, I am now taking my son to daycare most days (hour round trip) and although the exhaust is relatively quiet, I didn't want him in the back seat that often with the louder exhaust (yes, I'm paranoid when it comes to the little guy).

Anyway, just happy it found another home. I got a little teary eyed when I saw the video I miss it...
Old 01-07-2010, 08:06 PM
RISKY GUY

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts
that's good that you worry about your kid.my 4yr old has never been in my car,(my car is kinda loud)she's scared of it.I feel really bad I wish it were the opposite.guilt of a coupe is settling in.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:17 PM

gemini is a sweet exhaust, just installed mine along with berk test pipes and I fukin love it. will have a small review with video's tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:20 PM
911turbo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by gthal
Really glad it arrived in great shape and that you like it. I really HATED the fact that I had to sell it. I think the Gemini is one of the best exhausts for the G37. When my wife changed jobs recently, I am now taking my son to daycare most days (hour round trip) and although the exhaust is relatively quiet, I didn't want him in the back seat that often with the louder exhaust (yes, I'm paranoid when it comes to the little guy).

Anyway, just happy it found another home. I got a little teary eyed when I saw the video I miss it...

I'll take care of the exhaust heath .
You going to get another exhaust any time soon? You should maybe look into the nismo (fujitsubo) axle or catback for you. THANKS AGAIN too!
Old 01-07-2010, 09:31 PM
TreSe7en
Registered Member

[QUOTE=911turbo;2837669]I see... test pipes??? any CEL's? does it add volume? Because i've been thinking about getting HFC's with mine in the future. I wanna know how it sounds. Only heard that one on youtube with HFC from kinetix. I been wondering about TP's too...

Yeah it does add volume, I don't know how much volume it added because I had my test pipes on before I had installed the exhaust. I can tell with the test pipes you hear the exhaust louder in the cabin for sure. Also, with all this cold a$& weather, it makes it pretty loud and kind of droney if that makes sense. I'll try and take a video later on, it's like 5 degrees out now.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:58 PM
911turbo
Registered Member

[quote=TreSe7en;2837836]
Originally Posted by 911turbo
I see... test pipes??? any CEL's? does it add volume? Because i've been thinking about getting HFC's with mine in the future. I wanna know how it sounds. Only heard that one on youtube with HFC from kinetix. I been wondering about TP's too...

Yeah it does add volume, I don't know how much volume it added because I had my test pipes on before I had installed the exhaust. I can tell with the test pipes you hear the exhaust louder in the cabin for sure. Also, with all this cold a$& weather, it makes it pretty loud and kind of droney if that makes sense. I'll try and take a video later on, it's like 5 degrees out now.
Alright. Because later on i'm tryin to think if i should get HFC or TP. HFC sounds good, but kinda expensive and would rather get a lip kit or somethin. But TP aren too expensive and add good power but i dont want raspiness either lol.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:07 PM
alexdee

I must be tripping, but you said it sounds quiet and like stock.. The sound I hear from this youtube video sounds amazing! Deep and refined, im confused
Old 01-07-2010, 11:25 PM
911turbo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by alexdee
I must be tripping, but you said it sounds quiet and like stock.. The sound I hear from this youtube video sounds amazing! Deep and refined, im confused
LOL it has NO muffler ahahahh
Old 01-07-2010, 11:40 PM
alexdee

LOL wow. not bad hahaha
Old 01-07-2010, 11:40 PM
Gazan37
Banned

[quote=911turbo;2837869]
Originally Posted by TreSe7en

Alright. Because later on i'm tryin to think if i should get HFC or TP. HFC sounds good, but kinda expensive and would rather get a lip kit or somethin. But TP aren too expensive and add good power but i dont want raspiness either lol.
GTM makes resonated or even double resonated TPs with pretty much no rasp maybe a little bit of drone. If your interested contact them. Not sure about CELs though you'd have to ask someone who hast them.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:53 PM
alexdee

where is gthal's video review of the exhaust? I can't find it anywhere!

Quick Reply: Review Invidia Gemini! Installed!! or kinda lol