Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Fast Intentions Long Tube Header *Teaser*

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 10:18 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Sam
You guys havent seen the video yet?????

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zy-Oa-kJThI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

I'm just speechless
whats that knocking sound at 2:55 3:08 and 3:26?
Old 02-13-2010, 03:48 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like the left wheel hitting the center reflectors on the ground?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:49 AM
oreoleo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone with an invidia gemini exhaust planning to get this?
Old 02-17-2010, 01:24 PM
akuma_83

That Z in the vid sounds fcking hawt ! me likey !
Old 02-25-2010, 09:34 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry noob here with pipings.. i juz read all 22 pages.. can someone explain where does x-pipe goes in the exhaust system? lol

stock system = header > cats > y-pipe > mid-pipe > tail-pipe > mufflers
???

so this LTH replaces header + cats?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by xlack
sorry noob here with pipings.. i juz read all 22 pages.. can someone explain where does x-pipe goes in the exhaust system? lol

stock system = header > cats > y-pipe > mid-pipe > tail-pipe > mufflers
???

so this LTH replaces header + cats?
It would replace the Y-Pipe.

Yes, it replaces the header and cat.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Staples

Originally Posted by Presto
whats that knocking sound at 2:55 3:08 and 3:26?
Since the exhaust is extremely deep it's hard for the camcorder to pick up proper tones so it's probably backfire from lack of back pressure mixed with the deep tone. If you go with this setup, you'll get that a lot like a popping effect.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:31 PM
xlack
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Staples
It would replace the Y-Pipe.

Yes, it replaces the header and cat.
oh! so if i have hks catback.. the x-pipe will replace one of my hks piping right?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:47 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
It would but you'll have to make sure it fits first
Old 02-26-2010, 01:40 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
UPDATE-

I just received conformation that the tooling has shipped from Italy and will be state side sometime towards the end of next week. The distribution center will inspect the tooling to make sure that it is correct and then send it out to me (Hopefully) next Thursday or Friday. If that is the case, I should have the tooling within 2 weeks from today.

From there we need about 2-4 days to play with it and get all of the bends and rotations down. Once we have everything indexed, we will begin production.

The first set of fixtures/jigs will be completed by the end of today and I hope to have the second set of fixtures/jigs completed by the middle of next week. The reason we have decided to build 2 sets is to (Hopefully) speed production up! Obviously I have not built a production set yet. So, I can only try and calculate how long it will take to build each set. I am (hoping) that 2 people can produce 3-4 sets a day. We will not be working on them every single day due to the fact that we only have 4 people including (me) and we are almost two months behind just on cat back builds. I would like to have 5-8 sets mailed out every week if possible.

We at Fast Intentions, Inc. appreciate everyones continued patience...

Thank you, Tony
Old 02-26-2010, 02:37 PM
G35s-Dude

Originally Posted by FastIntentions
UPDATE-

I just received conformation that the tooling has shipped from Italy and will be state side sometime towards the end of next week. The distribution center will inspect the tooling to make sure that it is correct and then send it out to me (Hopefully) next Thursday or Friday. If that is the case, I should have the tooling within 2 weeks from today.

From there we need about 2-4 days to play with it and get all of the bends and rotations down. Once we have everything indexed, we will begin production.

The first set of fixtures/jigs will be completed by the end of today and I hope to have the second set of fixtures/jigs completed by the middle of next week. The reason we have decided to build 2 sets is to (Hopefully) speed production up! Obviously I have not built a production set yet. So, I can only try and calculate how long it will take to build each set. I am (hoping) that 2 people can produce 3-4 sets a day. We will not be working on them every single day due to the fact that we only have 4 people including (me) and we are almost two months behind just on cat back builds. I would like to have 5-8 sets mailed out every week if possible.

We at Fast Intentions, Inc. appreciate everyones continued patience...

Thank you, Tony

Are you going to alter the design? I mean the mass production set will it be any different than the current hand made version? Also i'd like to ask you when you get the machine would it be easier to start working on sedan version of the LTH?

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:43 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by G35s-Dude
Are you going to alter the design? I mean the mass production set will it be any different than the current hand made version? Also i'd like to ask you when you get the machine would it be easier to start working on sedan version of the LTH?

Thanks.
As far as the Sedan goes, I have to do a test fit to make sure that these headers will fit. The starting and ending point should be the same as the coupe and the 370Z. What I am concerned about is everything in between. I have to make sure that the headers are not obstructed by the engine block, motor mounts and transmission bell housing. Once we confirm the fit, I will start selling them for the Sedan.

For the production headers once you see them, you will notice that on each side one tube is on one piece from start to finish another tube will be in two pieces and the last tube will be in 3 pieces. What this does clean up the look,reduce build time and in the end reduce cost to you the consumer...

Thank you, Tony
Old 02-26-2010, 03:23 PM
shumby

I love you tony.

no homo
Old 02-26-2010, 03:31 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by shumby
I love you tony.

no homo
Hey,

God willing, when we give a release date we do everything in our power to meet it!

I myself as a consumer HATE getting the run around and hearing another two weeks, another two weeks, another two weeks!!!

Say what you are going to do, and DO what you say!

Tony
Old 02-26-2010, 05:30 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by FastIntentions
Hey,

God willing, when we give a release date we do everything in our power to meet it!

I myself as a consumer HATE getting the run around and hearing another two weeks, another two weeks, another two weeks!!!

Say what you are going to do, and DO what you say!

Tony
Props to you for pulling this off with just 4 people..

Based on your experience, how long do you think those will take to get to Dubai? As long as they get to me before Shumby I'll be more than happy, even if that's in August hahaha

Quick Reply: Fast Intentions Long Tube Header *Teaser*