Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

best bang for your buck exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XMMAN
Yea I got what you did there.. you tried to make fun of what I said. It didn't really work all that great though, but its ok I still get what you were trying to express. I'm not a moron and I do not appreciate you trying to insult my intelligence. Here is the thing: Your being blinded, everyone.. Most of these exhausts are very simple to make, they don't take months to tests and some of them are even knock off's (with a couple things changed so they don't get a group of lawyers knocking at the door).. it's metal piping, a good welder, and a bender.. sure some of them are tuned for performance and can justify their prices, but if your not putting out amazing numbers, then you obviously didn't R&D and should not be expecting to charge the consumer the same price as someone who has. There has to be a way to design and produce an exhaust on par with the best at a cheaper price.
Build your own exhaust then.
What do you want me to say? I tried to answer your question and explain why some exhausts are more expensive than others. Also, I pointed out the fact that our exhausts are priced reasonably compared to the aftermarket options for other cars. There isn't much else to explain, if a product wasn't profitable companies wouldn't make it. That is why an exhaust costs more than simply the price of the stainless tubes and the welding.

If you can make a quality exhaust for cheap, please do. Then become a vendor and sell it on this forum. I'm sure plenty of people will buy it, myself included. Make sure its quality stainless, mandrel bends, solid welds, use resonators and a good x pipe, no rasp, and have dyno's to show the gains.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:22 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
As a staff member on a forum, I think it is both pathetic and immature for you to try to make another forum member, one who is always on here to help people, try to look stupid for his statements. A forum is a place for discussion. In a topic like this it is a matter of opinion.You have no idea of my background, my wealth, or my knowledge on tuning cars (not that im bragging about any of them)
Oh come on.. That was not my intention why are you taking this to heart. You can post your opinion and that is your right. But when you state false facts someone will eventually correct you and that shouldn't offend you. I learned a lot myself from this forum and was corrected various times, I never claimed to be perfect myself, should I be offended? Hell no, on the contrary, I paypal them a cookie for benefitting from them

The original point of this thread was to find what other forum members thought was the best exhaust for the price.
It could've been that, but that's not how you made it sound. You made it sound like we are all blind sheep that do zero research before spending 1.5 grand on what you described as being, bent metal pipes. Now that's offesnive if you ask me. Then you asked what's the cheapest exhaust out there.

Once a final exhaust is made, USUALLY all measurements are taken (angels, length, etc etc) and then they make a jig and at that point it becomes very simple to mass produce a setup. The people that are in charge of making these systems have great knowledge and yes there is some R&D and testing involved, but I do not think it is to the point where most of you think. I dont really care about price if the product is well worth it. I just wanted to know whats the best sounding one for the money..
Figure out how much you're willing to spend on an exhaust first then work your way from there.

I first went with a Magnaflow since it was the cheapest and thought it sounded good. A month later I sold it locally and went for FI.. never looked back.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:31 AM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dude try the Magnaflow!!! i made 298whp corrected on a dyno....stillen gen 3 intakes, berk HFC, and magnaflow cat back....its only cheap because it has more pieces to put together yourself and its not stuck in a container at the port for 3 months =0)...sounds sick as well

i am now using all the same mods but with a stock y pipe and Greddy spectrum elite....i feel more butt power and has a more nice of a sound!! give it a shot and its under a grand my friend!! good luck
Old 12-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Reiki_Rocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm new to the forums but just wanted to add my 2cents about the Magnaflow system.

I recently got rid of my '02 V6 Accord EX which I put a Magnaflow cat-back system on 6 YEARS AGO! The build quality was great, and it was in terrific shape - even after 5 salty New England winters. The polished mufflers and tips didn't even have a spot of rust on them!!!

I'm leaning towards trying one on the '08 G37S I just picked up for that reason alone. Great build quality at a great price.

It had a nice deep tone and wasn't much louder than stock until you got on it. Only complaint was that it did have a bit of a drone at certain speeds on the Accord. Although I've read that that's not the case on the G set up.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:26 AM
erzperformance

I think the prices for exhaust setups are stupid for this car! Which system gives you the best sound for a decent price and wont throw any check engine lights?
in a few year you will see lower price exhaust system for the G37
Old Yesterday, 12:18 PM
Alisweetsession
Registered Member

G37 exhaust

Don’t get me wrong I love my g37 it’s a 2013 AMAZING but does anyone know of an exhaust setup that won’t make u sound like a trumpet and won’t rattle or throw up any check engine lights
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,591 Likes on 3,436 Posts
Originally Posted by Alisweetsession
Don’t get me wrong I love my g37 it’s a 2013 AMAZING but does anyone know of an exhaust setup that won’t make u sound like a trumpet and won’t rattle or throw up any check engine lights
Cat-backs and axle-backs will never trigger a CEL because they're after the O2 sensors. However, high-flow catalytic converters, test-pipes and long-tube headers... that's a gamble.

The Stillen cat-back is relatively quiet and attractive. The Tanabe Medalion axle-back is just a tiny bit louder than stock, affordable, and also looks good.

You bumped a 15 year old thread, LOL. Whatever, man. Welcome to the forum.
The following users liked this post:
socketz67 (Yesterday)