Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Question for HFC, Intake, Exhaust owners...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:37 AM
G35Tuning

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question for HFC, Intake, Exhaust owners...

This is for anyone who has all 3 bolt on parts installed or even 2 of the 3...Did any of you have issues with running lean? If so, how lean were you running and did anyone get tuned to be on the safe side?

I'm getting mine installed next week and the shop said I should probably consider getting a tune done as most of the 350z's they work on have been running lean with additional bolt ons...

I informed him that G37's have been very difficult to tune thanks to our computers being a PITA...Is that still the company line on the forum? Anyone experience anything different?

Thanks ahead of time for the responses...
Old 05-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Dont worry about running lean, worry about running rich. The ECU does a very good job compensating fuel for aftermarket, sometimes too good of a job and you'll run a lot richer then stock. I have intakes, high flow cats and exhaust and my AF is around 12.2 at WOT. I'd like to be around 12.5-12.8 (the higher the number the leaner you're running, the lower the number the richer you're running ect). The way these cars are made is pretty much a safety mechanism. If you have mods that'll make you run leaner, the ECU will then automatically adjust and add more fuel, sometimes too much. Safer to run rich then to run lean though.