Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Berk HFC install by dealer problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 08:26 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 45 Likes on 6 Posts
I have Stillen headers, Berk HFC's and Stillen cat-back. Everything all lines up fine. They are pretty much interchangable
Old 06-24-2008, 06:44 PM
koelzmod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey azg37, did you install your headers yourself and if so ,how hard was it to do? Or how hard was it for whoever did them?
Old 06-24-2008, 09:59 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

it's definetly not a do it yourself mod. It took the shop about half a day and cost a little more then $400.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:45 AM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Yeah I have the Stillen headers and stock cats but have the HKS exhaust and everything lines up fine.. Want to get some test pipes soon!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:35 PM
koelzmod

Test Pipes

Originally Posted by jks toy!
Yeah I have the Stillen headers and stock cats but have the HKS exhaust and everything lines up fine.. Want to get some test pipes soon!!!!
I would like to go with test pipes also. But someone said on here that with TP's you'll smell raw gas at traffic lights. Anyone else experiance that? Maybe reflashing the ECU corrects that???? Anybody know???
Old 06-25-2008, 09:41 PM
koelzmod

DIY Headers

Originally Posted by AZg37
it's definetly not a do it yourself mod. It took the shop about half a day and cost a little more then $400.
Thanks for the info AZ. I have a fully equipped shop with a lift. I might consider doing it myself. I've done a lot of overhauls and engine replacements on older technology, but its been a while. I'll have to take a look at it. Sure its not a bowl of candy.

Last edited by koelzmod; 06-25-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:55 AM
earth0

Originally Posted by AZg37
Hi! AZ
I will have Berk HFC install by this tuesday. Just wondering any ploblem after install at all like warning light and warning sensor. and do i need to reset ECU by unplug the battery.
Also with yearly inspection...I have confirmed with Berk Tech they mention to me that will be ok.Is that tru? Thx for your advice.
I live in NYC btw

Last edited by earth0; 06-29-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:29 PM
weave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by earth0
Hi! AZ
I will have Berk HFC install by this tuesday. Just wondering any ploblem after install at all like warning light and warning sensor. and do i need to reset ECU by unplug the battery.
Also with yearly inspection...I have confirmed with Berk Tech they mention to me that will be ok.Is that tru? Thx for your advice.
I live in NYC btw

Unless the installer screws something up, you will have no issues at all; just the sound of pure sex coming out your tail pipes. One thing I would suggest to the installer is to keep the plastic on until he is all done. This will keep his finger prints off the SS so when it burns in it will not show the discoloration.

You can do an ECU reset or just go out and drive the snot out of it, it will learn.

The only state where these are an issue is CA, so being in NY, you are fine.

I got Berks and I love them!!! Best HP for the buck so far and they sound really good with stock muffler.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:36 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^And make sure they remove the sensors....
Old 06-29-2008, 03:11 PM
earth0

Originally Posted by bboysteele
^^And make sure they remove the sensors....
Can you explain more about the sensor. I will DIY this change.

Is that the O2 sensor swap? ty! BTW
Old 06-29-2008, 03:12 PM
earth0

Originally Posted by weave
Unless the installer screws something up, you will have no issues at all; just the sound of pure sex coming out your tail pipes. One thing I would suggest to the installer is to keep the plastic on until he is all done. This will keep his finger prints off the SS so when it burns in it will not show the discoloration.

You can do an ECU reset or just go out and drive the snot out of it, it will learn.

The only state where these are an issue is CA, so being in NY, you are fine.

I got Berks and I love them!!! Best HP for the buck so far and they sound really good with stock muffler.
weave!
THX! for clearify my curious! Now i'm happy to know.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:21 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ya, the O2 sensors that are in the CATs should be removed so they don't accidentally break them. A few people have had theirs broken while installing the HFCs and had to pay a couple hundred for each one to replace them.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:35 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Not just the cats, the O2 sensors in the headers are the VERY fragile ones. You need to remove all O2 sensors, especially when breaking the top bolts near the headers. I personally had issues with the SES light coming on, and my installer didn't fudge a thing. It was just do to the increased flow not matching the registered A/F ratio settings the car learned while stock. A simple reset of the A/F ratio learned values will eliminate the SES light though. Good luck
Old 06-29-2008, 06:34 PM
earth0

Thanks to you all with alot of help.I just read Installation guide from
Stillen HFC.It's ploblably similar to BERK installation.Will see and i will let yall know result after i'm done installed.BTW i'm leaving for camping by 4th of July
with this HFC hopefully no ploblems on the 1.5 hour drive.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:25 PM
madmikeg37
Banned

just had the non foulers put on, so far so good.

No more ses light & I also passed inspection.

Halaluyah

Quick Reply: Berk HFC install by dealer problems