Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Fast Intentions Intimidator exhaust for G37

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 08:14 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Fast Intentions Intimidator exhaust for G37

We have a thread over in the supporting vendors section.

Over the past two weeks we have sold 7 or 8 cat backs. I just want to let everyone know that once this introductory sale has reached 25 the prices will be up at retail. I want to make us (Fast Intentions) more familiar to all of you. I prototyped this system with the assumption that our reputation from My350z.com and G35Driver.com would carry over to all of you. Given the feedback and attention our product has received since it was released to all of you. I must say apparently our reputation has not carried over like I originally expected it to.

Most you that I have encountered are not prior 350Z/G35 customers. In the past two years since we came on to the scene we have sold over 200 cat backs and even more resonated test pipes and high flow cats. That exhaust system has partially built our reputation and the other portion has been attributed to our customer service. From day number we have made it our number one goal to give every single customer that we encounter by far the best quality product as well as customer service. On the warranty side they have been to an absolute minimum. If you were to combine every platform of vehicle that we work on our success rate without product failure is 99.99%. -Not an exaggeration!!!

Countless customers have my personal cell phone number. One of us is always accessible to all of you and no matter how large our company grows we will do our best to give all of you the small company feel.

At this point I would like to state a few facts and then opinions!!!

Facts:

1. Our exhaust system is lighter then stock as well as our current competition. Our high flow cats in combination with our cat back is roughly 40 pounds lighter then stock!!!

2. We make more power and torque then stock and our current competition.

3. Our stainless steel cat back/resonated test pipes/high flow cats(all of our components are crafted from 304 stainless steel with the exception of our x-pipe that is a magnaflow component but we are currently having sebring tuning produce the x pipe for us so it will be made from 304 stainless steel and match the muffler section. Our current competitor uses 409 stainless steel for all of their components including the tubing! Here is the problem with 409 especially for the tubing because it is so thin:

"304 contains 18% chromium and 8% nickel. Stainless steel must contain at least 10.5 % chromium. It is this element that reacts with the oxygen in the air to form a complex chrome-oxide surface layer that is invisible but strong enough to prevent further oxygen from "staining" (rusting) the surface. Higher levels of chromium and the addition of other alloying elements such as nickel and molybdenum enhance this surface layer and improve the corrosion resistance of the stainless material.When there is no nickel the stainless grade family is the "400 series". 400 series are not as corrosion resistant as the 300 series and are magnetic, where the 300 series are non-magnetic."(http://www.ssina.com/faq/index.html)

So with all that said, using 409 for mufflers and even resonators might not ever rust in a dry environment. They are so thick and have so much packing that they will hold up better to the heat and also the elements. In an extreme wet condition or salty roads even those components will fall victim to mother nature. The tubing will be the first to rust due to the extreme heat and fact that it is so thin most likely only 16 gage thickness and in some cases only 18 Gage thickness which is even thinner.

4. We weld all of our flanges on the inside then sand them down, port and polish the inside finished off by being belt sanded for a machined flat surface to ensure a perfect fit up with no leaks. After that we stitch weld the outside for added strength. Our current competitor welds around the outside and calls it a day. This leaves a lip on the inside which causes turbulence and will decrease power.

The list can go on and on!!!

On to my personal opinions!!!

Opinions:

I know when some of you will read this you might say he is being biased because it is his product. The bottom line is, and Terrell Owens from the Dallas Cowboys put it best: (The proof is in the pudding!!!) Do some research on my350z.com and g35driver.com. See what people have wrote about our product and customer service. I have never heard nor found anything negative. Yeah you might find someone hear or there that the sound did not suit, (sound is subjective) or they didn't like the tip choice. But I would bet it is safe to say that 95 out of 100 people love the system and if they could they would do it all over again!

From a consumer standpoint, I think it is by far the best sounding system on the market. It completely retains the internal HR engine sound and just deepens and enhances it without creating any rasp or drone.

So with all of this said, this lengthy novel that I have written do the research and I think most of you will be pleased with what you find. Even I know I can't please everyone. If anyone has any questions please feel free to contact me anytime via telephone or by email...

Thank you, Tony
Co-owner Fast Intentions, Inc.
Designer 350Z/G35/G37 and G35 Sedan exhaust!!!

Shop:818 882-2788
Email: fi@fastintentions.com

Last edited by FastIntentions; 02-15-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:56 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys i don't work for FI, don't owe FI anything, we did trade work. I gave them my car for a few days and got a great deal on an exhaust system. I have tried another and FI back to back and would choose FI any day of the week. One of my teammates with a very nice Jetta had FI build him an exhaust about 1.5 years ago and went back in today b/c he needs a new downpipe for his new turbo. BUMP BUMP for an honest shop and owners

Last edited by solopresident; 02-18-2008 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:15 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm really interested in the exhaust but i'm just not sure if I can get the O.K. from the parents to mess around with a brand new car.

I was also wondering, do the FI mufflers hang any lower that the stock one and are there any clearance issues?

Last edited by wakeboardr116; 02-14-2008 at 10:50 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:20 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

forgot to mention one of best selling points, its designed for 4was and regular cars.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Motor25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Tony,

If I buy the exhaust system from you, can you guys install it for me as well?

How much more would the installation cost?
Old 02-15-2008, 12:30 AM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by Motor25
Hey Tony,

If I buy the exhaust system from you, can you guys install it for me as well?

How much more would the installation cost?
The cat back can be done in about 1 hour.
We charge a 75 dollars for the install...

Tony
Old 02-15-2008, 01:32 AM
Motor25

Originally Posted by FastIntentions
The cat back can be done in about 1 hour.
We charge a 75 dollars for the install...

Tony
What days are you guys open and what are your hours?

Also, will you guys charge sales tax for CA residents?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:55 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

i think tax is required in Cali but i dont know. they will do a great job and best part is you watch them work on your car. you sit on the stools by their salesroom and can actually see the whole shop. it is very cool to watch mike and danny work on other cars while tony does your install. Trust me their shop has some coo **** in it.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Motor25

Originally Posted by solopresident
i think tax is required in Cali but i dont know. they will do a great job and best part is you watch them work on your car. you sit on the stools by their salesroom and can actually see the whole shop. it is very cool to watch mike and danny work on other cars while tony does your install. Trust me their shop has some coo **** in it.
Was the exhaust the only thing they installed in your car, or did you get the test pipes and/or high flow cats installed too?

I watched some vids of your car and I must admit, it sounds pretty good.

I was wondering if the exhaust was the only thing you had to change to make it sound the way it did in the vids.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:39 AM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by Motor25
What days are you guys open and what are your hours?

Also, will you guys charge sales tax for CA residents?
Tax is required if you are a California resident. However, if you buy it from our dealer T.H. Motorsports they are out of state so there is no tax required. Also, labor is non taxable!!!

Tony
Old 02-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Greyhound'13

Tony,

How much would shipping cost to Florida?? and would u recommend that I get the HFCs with the exhaust and how much would they cost?
Old 02-15-2008, 03:40 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

motor- I have their High flow cats on now and catback. I must say the power is going up to. The cats are now pretty broken in, got about 200 miles on them and the exhaust is fully broken in and this thing rips. Same driving style as b4 but my VDC light is always flashing. I got to drive slower now b/c 300 to the wheels is nuts for me.
Old 02-15-2008, 03:42 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
^^^ So is the FI video of your car with the high flow cats to or just the cat back?
Old 02-15-2008, 05:49 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

just cats
Old 02-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Flip_Flop

how much for the system and HFI's...taxed and shipped to Hickory,North Carolina??

Quick Reply: Fast Intentions Intimidator exhaust for G37