Got Sounds?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 12:46 AM
worldcrafter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how's the rattling with those beasts? there's an employee at progressive auto sounds with a 4dr g35 (late model body style) and he said he gets really bad rattling with his setup, he said he removed the back seats for better sound too
Old 01-20-2010, 01:59 AM
beast808

Originally Posted by worldcrafter
how's the rattling with those beasts? there's an employee at progressive auto sounds with a 4dr g35 (late model body style) and he said he gets really bad rattling with his setup, he said he removed the back seats for better sound too
Umm i really haven't heard them from the outside. But i can't hear too much rattling from inside but thats just me.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:08 AM
momonaboy

Originally Posted by worldcrafter
Progressive did my sounds and our cars are really good when it comes to rattling, at least better then my cousins altima and my friends mustang. and that 4dr g35 has a crazy loud set up so, theres gonna be rattling with that kind of equipment

Originally Posted by beast808
Umm i really haven't heard them from the outside. But i can't hear too much rattling from inside but thats just me.
sorry man i didnt mean to jack your thread.

your car looks good, whats next on the list?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:37 AM
beast808

nah its okay umm im trying to get some vossen vvs084 before the cruise on feb 28 but i said i was coming on the FH thread that you posted.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:18 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Look pretty ghetto. I hate unfinished stereo. Same thing as installing an unpainted body kit on your car.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:40 PM
beast808

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Look pretty ghetto. I hate unfinished stereo. Same thing as installing an unpainted body kit on your car.
but you wont see it unless i open my trunk and i hardly ever open it. unlike a body kit where everyone can see it.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:21 PM
momonaboy

its not really the same, sounds is in your trunk, hidden, you use your ears. bodykits are for the eyes, visual, if its unpainted then it looks ugly. unfinished sounds still sound good. only when you open your trunk to showoff then it looks ugly, but your just showing off the idea, the direction of the project.

I would not install an unpainted bodykit on my car but I do have unfinished sounds, just like beast. But I do hate the fact that my sounds is unfinished, its just not everybody is ballin' and can finish every project on their car at once. just my 2 cents
Old 01-20-2010, 08:39 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Originally Posted by momonaboy
its not really the same, sounds is in your trunk, hidden, you use your ears. bodykits are for the eyes, visual, if its unpainted then it looks ugly. unfinished sounds still sound good. only when you open your trunk to showoff then it looks ugly, but your just showing off the idea, the direction of the project.

I would not install an unpainted bodykit on my car but I do have unfinished sounds, just like beast. But I do hate the fact that my sounds is unfinished, its just not everybody is ballin' and can finish every project on their car at once. just my 2 cents
Whatever you need to do to justify it to yourself...but it is still ghetto. If you cannot afford to finish the project, then dont start it.

So what happens if you decide to do custom interior, but you run out of funds and just drive around with half your interior ripped out. Is that not ghetto as well?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:32 PM
momonaboy

Whatever you need to do to justify it to yourself...but it is still ghetto. If you cannot afford to finish the project, then dont start it.

So what happens if you decide to do custom interior, but you run out of funds and just drive around with half your interior ripped out. Is that not ghetto as well?
whoa take it easy man, i was just giving my opinion like you were giving yours. I think me and beast would agree that we already justified it to ourselves or we wouldnt have done what we did.

the stock system in the car is good enough just needs a little bass. should I just leave the 2 subs and amp that I bought in my closet? and wait till I purchase 2 more amps, a deck, the ac control and save up money for the installation, wiring, finish, etc? if it wont cost anything extra, why not enjoy some bass and order the rest of the parts as you get the money? I currently need 1 amp, a deck, the ac control and I have to finish the floor, thats around $2,000 left, thats not cheap. so I'll get an amp next month for $500 and install it. then get the ac control, then the deck and install those. little steps to a nice finished product.

certain upgrades needs to be done at once, like rims, you wouldnt buy 2 rims now and buy the last 2 later. but some stuff can be done gradually.

again not trying to get crazy just giving you my 2 cents. Just wondering why you feel so offended by unfinished sounds.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Remo101

" just needs a little bass." I agree with that, but those setups are not a little bass. I have 1 JL Audio 10W6 and I have the gain almost totally down on my JL Audio 500/1 amp because it just PUTS OUT. I think what I got is over kill.

I would rather have a finished clean setup. I guess the project could look good when done. Post pics when finished, I'm curious.

My money is on the projects never getting finished.

Here is a simple setup with loads of bass for anyone looking for a clean setup. I think this setup is pretty common.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:37 AM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Originally Posted by Remo101
" just needs a little bass." I agree with that, but those setups are not a little bass. I have 1 JL Audio 10W6 and I have the gain almost totally down on my JL Audio 500/1 amp because it just PUTS OUT. I think what I got is over kill.

I would rather have a finished clean setup. I guess the project could look good when done. Post pics when finished, I'm curious.

My money is on the projects never getting finished.

Here is a simple setup with loads of bass for anyone looking for a clean setup. I think this setup is pretty common.

Perfect example of a nice clean setup. Props man.