Group Buys Group Buys put on by Members or Sponsors

GB Redline Goods Custom Steering Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 05:38 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
So I finally installed my wheel! More pics to come.

Old 02-20-2017, 03:19 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Looks great, ZM! Really nice shape and a true flat bottom!
Old 03-02-2017, 03:17 AM
wowwed
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Seems like this company run on excuses. I made a purchase for a steering wheel on January 4th. On the website it stated 4-5 weeks. On the 31st of January I sent a PM asking for updates. I get the response that their "chief designer is having health issues and the work goes slower than expected." Understandable that she's sick, but I guess only person is able to make these steering wheels? On the 15th of February, I PMed Jack and stated that if the chief designer is still sick, I would just like to cancel my order if they haven't started yet. I get a response back saying she's almost fully recovered and there was a slight issue with quality. They plan on shipping it early the following week and they would send me pictures before being shipped. On the 24th of February, I get an e-mail stating that my wheel has shipped. Of course I PMed Jack saying I thought he would send me pictures before shipping. The excuse I got was it was shipped while he was gone and couldn't take pictures. It's now the 1st of March and there is still nothing updated on shipping from the tracking number. The only thing it shows is that the label is created. It's funny the moment I mention about canceling my order and get a refund, there's progress on the steering wheel. I get an e-mail saying my order is shipped via USPS but it has a FEDEX tracking number. It's been a week and the status shows label created and no other movement. In all honesty, I would think twice before buying a steering wheel from this company. I had PMed Jack asking what's the hold up with shipping, and I'm just waiting for the next excuse. I think I've been fair given them 8 weeks from the 4-5 weeks that was stated on their website. At this point, I'm thinking Jack doesn't want to do a refund and just blowing smoke about the progress of the wheel and printing a label to buy some more time to work on the steering wheel.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:02 AM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Gary, I apologize for this taking so long. I can fully unbderstand your frustration. Your steering wheel was shipped pn Feb 24th - I have just replied to your private message and sent you a scan of shipping label.

I don't know what is happening on FedEx side. I will contact them right away and have them give me the info on the package status. As soon as I know anything I will immediately let you know.

And yes, of course I don't want to do a refund but honestly: each and every other company wouldn't want to either I just want to get you the wheel you paid for cause that is our business.
And no, the case is not that we started working on your steering wheel only after you wanted the refund (although I can imagine you may feel this way...). We've had some health issues from our chief designer (and yes, you're right, she's the only person here capable of providing such a high quality work - we have recently hired a new person to wrap steering wheels but she's in her training period, not ready to provide top quality work yet) and some quality issues with Nappa leather (Zahy will be able to tell something about it) so please accept my most sincere apologies for not fulfilling my initial promise. We're just striving to make up for all the delays the above caused.

In the meantime please let me offer you something to compensate for the delay - like free shift boot and center armrest cover to match the steering wheel colors. Please let me know what you think - I believe this is a fair way to finalize this project.

Once again, I apologize for all this bumpy road you'vee been through with us. I sincerely hope the look and feel of your new wheel will make up for it.

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

Last edited by RedlineGoods; 03-07-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:52 PM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

@wowwed: your steering wheel has been shipped today and looks like this:

Should be there in 2-3 days What do you think? I sincerely hope you will like what you find in the box

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 03-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by RedlineGoods
Gary, I apologize for this taking so long. I can fully unbderstand your frustration. Your steering wheel was shipped pn Feb 24th - I have just replied to your private message and sent you a scan of shipping label.

I don't know what is happening on FedEx side. I will contact them right away and have them give me the info on the package status. As soon as I know anything I will immediately let you know.

And yes, of course I don't want to do a refund but honestly: each and every other company wouldn't want to either I just want to get you the wheel you paid for cause that is our business.
And no, the case is not that we started working on your steering wheel only after you wanted the refund (although I can imagine you may feel this way...). We've had some health issues from our chief designer (and yes, you're right, she's the only person here capable of providing such a high quality work - we have recently hired a new person to wrap steering wheels but she's in her training period, not ready to provide top quality work yet) and some quality issues with Nappa leather (Zahy will be able to tell something about it) so please accept my most sincere apologies for not fulfilling my initial promise. We're just striving to make up for all the delays the above caused.

In the meantime please let me offer you something to compensate for the delay - like free shift boot and center armrest cover to match the steering wheel colors. Please let me know what you think - I believe this is a fair way to finalize this project.

Once again, I apologize for all this bumpy road you'vee been through with us. I sincerely hope the look and feel of your new wheel will make up for it.

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
@wowwed: your steering wheel has been shipped today and looks like this:

Should be there in 2-3 days What do you think? I sincerely hope you will like what you find in the box

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

In one message you state that the steering wheel was shipped on Feb. 24th and it's a "FedEx issue" that you will look into and "should be there in 2-3 days", yet you state the wheel was shipped today (March 8th)...

Dishonesty is never the answer...
Old 03-08-2017, 03:55 PM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

It also appears that the symmetry of the molding is off. I just want any potential buyers to be aware of this possible issue I noticed in the pictures of the finished product since this is an aesthetic modification.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:30 AM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ryne
Dishonesty is never the answer...
Neither is blaming someone when you don't have all the information about the case.

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 03-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Neither is blaming someone when you don't have all the information about the case.

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
I'm not sure where I blamed anyone... I merely quoted 2 of your posts and pointed out the obvious false statement. I can't help if you have feelings of responsibility over the issue, but I did not assign blame upon you.

Old 03-14-2017, 03:01 PM
NW_6MT
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
Did you get it yet? How's it look?
When did the tracking number say it was actually shipped? That should be enlightening to some extent.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:15 PM
wowwed
Premier Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
After a few bumpy road, I finally got the steering wheel last week and installed it. When I first put the steering wheel back, my alignment was off so couldn't give a good feedback on it. Fixed the alignment and I have to say I love the new steering wheel. Love the feel of it! I'm glad I got this steering wheel!!
The following users liked this post:
2GoRNot2G (03-23-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 05:26 PM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 03-23-2017, 01:35 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryne
It also appears that the symmetry of the molding is off. I just want any potential buyers to be aware of this possible issue I noticed in the pictures of the finished product since this is an aesthetic modification.

Not trying to take sides here, but that looks pretty darn symmetrical to me. I'm pretty picky and I wouldn't complain about that tiny bit of variance. These are custom hand-made pieces, so a I would think that a little bit of variance is expected.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:19 PM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
The bigger issue I see is all the scratches and marks near the volume controls, I would hope that the cores are in better shape then that... I would also assume that the appropriate core would be used for the model year requested.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:50 PM
sLADe781
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Nico-derm
The bigger issue I see is all the scratches and marks near the volume controls, I would hope that the cores are in better shape then that... I would also assume that the appropriate core would be used for the model year requested.
The trim piece is separate from the steering wheel. I doubt the trim piece and volume controls are included with the steering wheel when shipped.

The steering wheel looks great. How close does the color of the wheel match with the stock interior? Also, comfort of the wheel when being held? Any padding added for better comfort/feel?

Quick Reply: GB Redline Goods Custom Steering Wheels