Group Buys Group Buys put on by Members or Sponsors

GB Redline Goods Custom Steering Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 12:48 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Great job, ZM. Redline is an excellent company to work with. I have a Redline shift boot in my G and their shift boot and center console cover in my Porsche and I can attest to their quality of workmanship and overall customer service. I even worked with Mike at Redline to customize several of these items and he was very helpful and responsive throughout the entire process.

I'd definitely be in for a custom formed flat-bottomed steering wheel if I didn't already have one.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:26 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by Nico-derm
Interested to see some pictures, website doesn't show any flat bottom steering wheels that I can find... or custom steering wheels at all for the matter. Everything seems to be "Covers" unless I'm missing something. Definitely interested... waiting on finished look
I'll hopefully have some pictures for you in a couple of days.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
over a couple days later
Old 10-12-2016, 07:56 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

I'm sorry for the delay guys! Here's some more progress pictures for you.
This is before the wheel gets wrapped in smooth leather (top/bottom) and perforated (sides).

-Reshaped side profiles
-Flat bottom
-Thumb grips

Old 10-13-2016, 10:04 AM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Interested to see some pictures, website doesn't show any flat bottom steering wheels that I can find... or custom steering wheels at all for the matter. Everything seems to be "Covers" unless I'm missing something. Definitely interested... waiting on finished look
You're right, all our products are covers for DIY installation by customers. At least they've been this way until now.
Flatbottom steering wheels you see is the start of a new product line, we started a few months ago with the 1994-04 Mustang: Mustang flat bottom steering wheel and due to incrasing number of inquiries we decided to follow up with the whole line of flat bottom steering wheels

Apart from the G, we have already finished prototyping on Corvette C5 and C6, Nissan 350Z (that you saw in the first post), Acura RSX / Honda S2K and a bunch of BMWs (E36/E46/E34/E39/E31/Z3. More new models will arrive after SemaShow

In the meantime you may like to check this out to learn more about what we can do: My new Flat bottom steering wheels from Redlinegoods(With Pics) - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 10-13-2016, 10:47 AM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Originally Posted by zer099

If it comes outs exactly like this one I'll add my name to the list as well.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:52 AM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
As will I
Old 10-13-2016, 10:53 AM
zer099
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
Looks pretty darn close. I think the RedlineGoods prototype looks like it has a larger flat-bottom surface area where the pictured one is more subtle. Curious to see the finished product.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:55 AM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Yes I would agree, its the finished quality that i'm looking at
Old 10-13-2016, 11:41 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by kennyz424
If it comes outs exactly like this one I'll add my name to the list as well.
As will I
I'll add you guys to the list, you're not obligated to anything so why not!?

It should hopefully be getting wrapped soon, and the leather will add quite a bit of girth to the wheel. So once completed it will look great. Most likely going with white (or maybe white/blue) stitching.
The wrap will also feel OEM and not "plushy" (Unless you request it that way)

Smooth black leather on the top, with perforated leather on the sides. Redline makes actual flat bottom wheels, instead of a "kinda-flat" bottom wheel.

It should look similar to the Audi RS wheels.

Last edited by ZahyMatar; 10-14-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:54 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by ZahyMatar
Here's a thickness comparison to a stock G37 wheel vs a wheel wrapped by Redline Goods.
ZahyMater, that wheel you said was wrapped by Redline Goods was actually a wheel rewrapped by Dallas Customs. Just for the sake of factual accuracy.

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/p...Tone_Front.jpg
Old 10-14-2016, 09:57 AM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

I wanted to add something but looks like Zahy addressed all the concerns for me

One important thing as you noticed our wheel has longer flat bottom part - that is because most fabricators do not actually flatten the wheel but only skive some of the rubber at the bottom and add some at the sides to create flat bottom look. And what we do is cut the bottom part off and weld a straight rod that is later covered with urethane resin that provides the same firm grip as OEM steering wheel.

So before we finalize the G37 wheel, please have a look at one of our SemaShow exhibits - flat bottom steering wheel for Corvette C6 wrapped in black and cobalt blue Alcantara:

Have a great weekend guys

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 10-14-2016, 09:59 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Ryne
ZahyMater, that wheel you said was wrapped by Redline Goods was actually a wheel rewrapped by Dallas Customs. Just for the sake of factual accuracy.

http://www.dallassteeringwheel.com/p...Tone_Front.jpg
I apologize, I had that confused with this picture due to a similar color scheme. I'll update the post.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:41 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Placed my order today. Can't wait to see this thing in person.

The pricing with 5 people on the group buy is $595 shipped ($55 discount), will go lower once more people commit. Remember, no core charge, and whatever options you want.
I opted for smooth leather on the top and bottom, perforated sides, true flat bottom, white stitching, and a rubber-resin style padding (so the wheel won't be plushy). End result should look like this(MINUS THE AUDI PART LOL):

Old 10-26-2016, 05:57 AM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

Hi all

I'm afraid you will need to wait a bit longer for the photos of completed wheel. We have lots of new developments currently in progress and we're also preparing for the Sema Show so there will be no time to finish this steering wheel this week and we're closed next week due to Sema (we're leaving this Friday)

So I should be able to show you completed wheel in around a week after the Sema show ends.

Of course if you're in Vegas next week, please come and say "hello" - I will be waiting for you in North Hall, booth #13155

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

Last edited by RedlineGoods; 10-27-2016 at 06:33 AM.

Quick Reply: GB Redline Goods Custom Steering Wheels