GB Redline Goods Custom Steering Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 03:08 AM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by taste1h
What is the update on my order now?
I apologize Chris, our chief designer hasn't still fully recovered from her wrist injury so everything goes slower that we would like to :-(

Your steering wheel is being prepared for shipping today, I will email you tracking number as soon as it is dispatched.

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 09-06-2017, 11:20 PM
taste1h

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I can understand that and hope she gets well soon. With that said, you should communicate this to your customers upfront as you would have known of this delay in advance. I've been waiting fairly patiently for 2 months on the steering wheel, with little to no information on delays or status of build.

I had also asked and was promised pictures of the wheel before you'd ship and didn't get them.

It's now been almost a week since you shipped and the tracking number is still at "Label created"...what is going on?

Originally Posted by RedlineGoods
I apologize Chris, our chief designer hasn't still fully recovered from her wrist injury so everything goes slower that we would like to :-(

Your steering wheel is being prepared for shipping today, I will email you tracking number as soon as it is dispatched.

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 09-07-2017, 12:30 AM
NW_6MT
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
Wasn't there a similar chain of communication with the last one of these purchased? I've been watching because I was interested but this feels like bad deja vu. Last time the whole company took vacation or had the flu or something for a good while and it was supposed to have "shipped" like two weeks before it shipped. Might have mixed up the details but that's my recollection of the back and forth that took place on here. Not exactly reassuring to the potential customer base....
Old 09-07-2017, 07:50 AM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

I had also asked and was promised pictures of the wheel before you'd ship and didn't get them.

It's now been almost a week since you shipped and the tracking number is still at "Label created"...what is going on?
I apologize, I got your tracking number from the shop and immediately forwarded it to you. I will contact FedEx today and ask them what is going on. I don't always at the shop and am not always present at the time of completing and packing orders - we are a small workshop actually and loaded with work so making in-progress photos is disturbing for our seamstresses so we try to avoid that.

However, here's your stering wheel (sorry for the quality - a quick shot with mobile phone), I sincerely hope it arrives soon:

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 09-07-2017, 07:53 AM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NW_6MT
Wasn't there a similar chain of communication with the last one of these purchased? I've been watching because I was interested but this feels like bad deja vu. Last time the whole company took vacation or had the flu or something for a good while and it was supposed to have "shipped" like two weeks before it shipped. Might have mixed up the details but that's my recollection of the back and forth that took place on here. Not exactly reassuring to the potential customer base....
Yes, there was

In fact our chief designer was having health issues for some time and she actually still hasn't fully recovered

But at that time it was FedEx car accident what caused the delay and we had to make a new steering wheel for that customer

I sincerely hope to be able to complete all future orders in promised 5-6 weeks time.

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 09-07-2017, 10:40 AM
taste1h

Please do let me know on the shipping asap.

Do you have a picture which is closer-up and shows the carbon fibre center stripe? It looks black from this pic and I am expecting more of a gloss carbon finish.

I apologize, I got your tracking number from the shop and immediately forwarded it to you. I will contact FedEx today and ask them what is going on. I don't always at the shop and am not always present at the time of completing and packing orders - we are a small workshop actually and loaded with work so making in-progress photos is disturbing for our seamstresses so we try to avoid that.

However, here's your stering wheel (sorry for the quality - a quick shot with mobile phone), I sincerely hope it arrives soon:

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 09-08-2017, 01:53 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally Posted by NW_6MT
Yes, there was

In fact our chief designer was having health issues for some time and she actually still hasn't fully recovered

But at that time it was FedEx car accident what caused the delay and we had to make a new steering wheel for that customer

I sincerely hope to be able to complete all future orders in promised 5-6 weeks time.

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

For anyone interested in purchasing from Redline I can personally vouch for them as a supplier. Although I didn't get my custom steering wheel from Jack, I have gotten several other items from them (including the custom shift boot in my Infiniti and a custom shift boot and center console cover in my Porsche) and I received all items promptly and without issue. Plus the quality of the leather and construction is top notch!
Old 09-08-2017, 02:06 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

A couple pics of the Redline custom shift boot in my G.

Last edited by 2GoRNot2G; 09-08-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 05:46 PM
sLADe781
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
A couple pics of the Redline custom shift boot in my G.

What's in the center spot between your seat warmers? Is that a USB charging station? If so, would you mind sharing where you purchased the item at? The install looks really clean!!
Old 09-08-2017, 06:03 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Yup, its a USB plug for charging. It a direct fit for most "dummy" switches in most Nissan and Infiniti vehicles... just need to wire it to a +12V source. Here's a link on Amazon.

Amazon Amazon
The following 2 users liked this post by 2GoRNot2G:
joe32288 (05-03-2018), sLADe781 (09-19-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Please do let me know on the shipping asap.

Do you have a picture which is closer-up and shows the carbon fibre center stripe? It looks black from this pic and I am expecting more of a gloss carbon finish.
The shape looks a fair bit different than the other one also. Unless of course that is what you asked for.

Old 09-12-2017, 06:33 PM
taste1h

Update: I finally have the steering wheel in hand and Ryne you're right the steering wheel is a lot more flat bottom than the pictures on the site and pics here indicate...Jack @ Redline do you have an explanation?

This flat bottom design looks fairly cool IMO but I hope they sent me the right wheel and that there won't be any fitment issues. Overall the quality of the leather stuff is good, the CF stripe is a bit uneven in width in some areas but the worst is the plastic bit behind the steering that attaches to the console, which has deep scratches - Jack what happened there? Could I use my existing OEM one on this wheel?

Originally Posted by Ryne
The shape looks a fair bit different than the other one also. Unless of course that is what you asked for.

Last edited by taste1h; 09-12-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:31 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Update: I finally have the steering wheel in hand and Ryne you're right the steering wheel is a lot more flat bottom than the pictures on the site and pics here indicate...Jack @ Redline do you have an explanation?

This flat bottom design looks fairly cool IMO but I hope they sent me the right wheel and that there won't be any fitment issues. Overall the quality of the leather stuff is good, the CF stripe is a bit uneven in width in some areas but the worst is the plastic bit behind the steering that attaches to the console, which has deep scratches - Jack what happened there? Could I use my existing OEM one on this wheel?
You can reuse your existing steering wheel trim, that won't be an issue. The reason there is scratches and stuff is probably because they buy their core wheels on eBay and stuff.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:01 AM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

Of course. The explanation is fairly simple. After we introduced our flat bottom steering wheels ilne we received lots of positive feedback but most of customers mentioned they would like a more aggressive flat bottom part (well, it is understandable that paying ~600-ish you expect the outcome to really stand out from the OEM part ) and that is the reason we redesigned our wheels.

the worst is the plastic bit behind the steering that attaches to the console, which has deep scratches - Jack what happened there? Could I use my existing OEM one on this wheel?
Nothing wrong happened We build flat bottom project on used steering wheels that we purchase so for obvious reasons plastic trims will have some usage marks. We do not care much for this as we focus on the hardware of the wheel to be in good condition (spline, rubber core, airbag and button mounts etc) as those cannot be replaced. But as Zahy said - you can reuse them from your current wheel.

Hope to see your wheel installed soon

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 09-13-2017, 11:27 AM
taste1h

That is some good news then, I will use the trim from my existing wheel.

I like the more aggressive flat bottom design as I eluded to earlier...I won't have a chance to install this weekend but hopefully will update thread with install pics next weekend.

Cheers

Of course. The explanation is fairly simple. After we introduced our flat bottom steering wheels ilne we received lots of positive feedback but most of customers mentioned they would like a more aggressive flat bottom part (well, it is understandable that paying ~600-ish you expect the outcome to really stand out from the OEM part ) and that is the reason we redesigned our wheels.

Nothing wrong happened We build flat bottom project on used steering wheels that we purchase so for obvious reasons plastic trims will have some usage marks. We do not care much for this as we focus on the hardware of the wheel to be in good condition (spline, rubber core, airbag and button mounts etc) as those cannot be replaced. But as Zahy said - you can reuse them from your current wheel.

Hope to see your wheel installed soon

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

Quick Reply: GB Redline Goods Custom Steering Wheels