General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help Broken door lock button? locks don't work on shutoff?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
Broken door lock button? locks don't work on shutoff?

Hey guys,

I'm Paul at DD, but I personally also drive an 09 auto G37x.

I've been having such random issues for past two weeks. My heated seat got flipped on and burned a 2" hole in my seat. Dealership sent that to Infiniti to decide on warranty. My front and rear cupholders also broke the same week (seems to be a common issue).

Right when I got the car back from two days of them looking at it, I was getting out of the car and hit the unlock button. I guess I got in the habit of doing it so I could start opening the door as I turned off the engine. I don't like wasting time!

But this time I did it right as I shut off the car, and nothing happened... Doors didn't unlock at all. I thought it was like what happens when you unlock as someone is pulling the handle, but nope- I tried again and nothing happened. I took a closer look and the button had popped out. Tried popping it in but it is broken, both sides have a crack in the plastic.

Now my doors no longer automatically unlock when I get out, and the button doesn't work at all. It's really frustrating because when I use the tab by the handle to manually unlock, the car gets all confused and beeps like crazy every time I get out or in. And I have to reach over to let someone in the car if I'm picking them up with the car running. The only current remedy is using my keyfob to unlock the door as well as the system/computer. The proximity button still works fine on the outside of the door.

As soon as I hear back about my seat I'll take it in, I would think this should be covered by warranty.

Just wanting to know if anyone has experienced this before, and what happened.

Paul
Old 07-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Diode Dynamics
Former Sponsor

Received 141 Likes on 117 Posts
If the passenger presses their unlock button with the vehicle in park, it quickly unlocks and locks again.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:14 AM
DeamonG37s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we have cup holders in front? but if u got warrenty send it to them.
Old 07-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Sounds like you may have a short in either the lock button, or the button on the outside handle. A,most the same thing happened to my maxima. They ended up changing out the handle buttons and the drivers door control panel.

Whatever, it never happened after that. They said sometimes moisture can get down into there and corrode the connections so the connection "shorts itself". Literally, my doors would lock and unlock by themselves like the car was possessed.