General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help Wiper Blade Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 11:40 AM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Who is calling names? I said the procedure was idiotic, not the person. Sorry, just making a joke really -- not intending to put anyone down. Just agreeing with others that it is a waste of time.

Suppose somebody didn't know how to use his key and wanted help breaking his windows so he could get in and out of the car. So we all tell him instead how to use his key. Sure, I guess we're not really answering his question when all he wants to know is how to break the windows, but I think we're helping quite a bit actually.

Last edited by SM_Shadowman; 06-04-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:57 PM
wayright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Koa789 that's what I was looking for - I can surely afford the entire arm - My G was paid in full at time of pick up - Doesn't mean however that I want to spend needlessly - Thanks again
Old 06-05-2010, 04:05 PM
koa789

Originally Posted by wayright
Thanks Koa789 that's what I was looking for - I can surely afford the entire arm - My G was paid in full at time of pick up - Doesn't mean however that I want to spend needlessly - Thanks again
I agree with you, no sense in spending 30 bucks when you can spend 12 and retain the OEM arms, which are more than adequate for most driving situation. Glad I could help.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:44 PM
rokuss

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I buy my blade refill from the dealership and it is only $8. Make sure you notice the tip and lock ends. The tip points to the passenger side and the lock points to the driver side.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Coastie74
Registered Member

Wow! I got ripped off. I bought pair of rubber inserts, not arms, and my dealer charged me $35 (in Fairfax, VA). I thought Honda was bad at $8 apiece!

BTW, I have been buying from the dealer because they lasted longer than auto parts store blades.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Coastie74
Registered Member

O.K. I just installed my inserts in less than five minutes, with the blades sitting on my workbench. Thanks to koa789 for telling me what was inside the blade, so I wasn't worried about breaking it.

I just dug out about 1/2" of the lock end of the insert with a 1/8" flat blade, then grabbed it with pliers and slid it out. Pull firmly straight from the end, not upwards. I then slid in the insert so the lock end went in last. Pull off the plastic clips just before the insert is all the way in.

It was actually much easier to install than on my Hondas. Once you get the tip of the new insert sliding properly, it goes in very smoothly.

BTW, the word "Lock" is molded in the side of the Infiniti insert, so you can see it at removal time.
Old 07-24-2010, 10:14 AM
zoner

BTW Consumers Reports says Valeo better then Bosch Icons
Old 07-26-2010, 10:00 PM
marcelo19lp
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my refills replaced by the dealer once. On the driver's side, when I used the washer fluid, on the backstroke coming down to its final position in the drivers side, it always left a water streak mark on the glass. Is my glass scratch? I already cleaned the glass. So I I dont what the deal is? I plan getting the Bosch. Will that fix the problem? I read this in an article. Can this be the case.

The worst case scenario is that your windscreen may be scratched. There are two causes of this: either you've had a bit of sand/debris stuck to the wiper blade that has scratched a groove into the windscreen as the wipers have been used, or the wiper blades have worn down enough to let the metal frame behind them scrape along the glass. This will scratch a groove into the glass as well, and you'll find that the wiper blades won't pick up any water in that groove, which will leave a streak.

Read more: How do I stop windshield streaks left by my wipers? | Answerbag How do I stop windshield streaks left by my wipers? | Answerbag
Old 08-03-2010, 05:38 PM
davepj32274

dealership has replaced my wipers 3x now without cost...just told them they streak..they have never charged me a penny for them.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:38 PM
TinsleyC

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
Well, probably because none of us know how to perform such an idiotic procedure.
Hey now, why not replace just the filler blade. I'm obviously in the minority here, but I also like the idea of keeping the stock blade covers. Those Bosch Icons don't look like the stock blade.

My driver's blade (26") is streaking, I'm just going to replace the filler - if I can. If not, I'll regrettably replace the whole thing. Why not?

Update: I removed the filler blade quite easily. Remove the blade assembly from the car, and just pull the soft rubber back on the end of the blade - the filler will slip out when pulled. The little steel guides will come out too. Reinsertion is just about as easy, just push it back in.

Also, Sewell Infiniti of Dallas charges $13.92 for the filler, $26.10 for the whole blade with filler. I'm sure I can find a filler locally for 1/2 that.

Last edited by TinsleyC; 08-21-2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added Update
Old 11-27-2010, 05:14 PM
Beama00

I have figured out how to slide out the insert but how do I replace the entire wiper? I purchased Trico NeoForm's, does anyone have photos or a quick vid of how the stock ones come off?
Old 12-02-2010, 10:30 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
For those that want it, refill replacement instructions here:

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=...thkey=CJCA-pQD
The following users liked this post:
YellowJacket (04-15-2013)
Old 12-03-2010, 04:27 PM
DashKid
Banned

grubbs infiniti sells the rubber part for $5.61 a piece.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:17 PM
lzzhang10

I had Bosch Icons on my accord. They were great for 3 months then started streaking. Hoped for better.
This time i just brought my car to the dealership and told them to give me new wipers because I had the car for less than a month and they're streaking already. They replaced them for free and told me the ones I had was defective.
The OEM works quite well actually.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:11 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I just switched to Anco wipers with Rain X. Perfect!

Quick Reply: Help Wiper Blade Replacement