General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Slip, VDC Off, ABS lights on.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:10 AM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Slip, VDC Off, ABS lights on.

So ive seen this problem posted many times over the years, and theres always a different reason. Well i just experienced this and had a totally new issue ive never seen before, so i figured id post it up.

About 2 weeks ago i went out and all of a sudden i got the dreaded christmas tree on my dash, Slip VDC and ABS lights all came on. I pulled over and stopped, shut off the car, turned it back on, same thing.

I already knew that majority of the time this is caused by either low brake fluids or low pads. So i started checking. Nothing wrong. I cleaned the brakes with brake cleaner, i checked all the fluids in everything. All good.

So over the next week and a half im basically scratching my head trying to figure out what this could be, and last LAST thing i wanna do is go to the stealer.

Now, this past weekend was a show, so im caravaning out with a couple guys and about 15 mins into the drive i get a call from the guy behind me and he says, "Stoof, you got NO BRAKE LIGHTS!" So im like whattttt lol

We pull off at the next rest stop and whatya know, no FRUCKING BRAKE LIGHTS.

Apparantly what had happened is when i installed my cf trunk i also ran an LED strip along my back window to be a 3rd brake light, well the wire must have worn against a piece of metal and shorted out. So in turn it blew the Stop Lamp fuse, located in the fuse box near the pedals.

I simply cut the wire for the makeshift 3rd brake light and replaced the 10a fuse and all good.

But i realized i was driving around with no brake lights....for a week and a half! LOL how the hell did i not get rear ended?

In conclusion, these lights are a code for wide variety of problems. If you see them, id go check ALL your fuses first, since its free and easy.

I really wish infiniti didnt combine all these issues into one "code" like this.

/Rant
Old 04-21-2010, 10:21 AM
The Jewbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow that's nuts lol. How did you not get a ticket?????
Old 04-21-2010, 10:25 AM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
IDK!! haha

I still had tail lights, just no brake lights. Maybe they didnt notice? Thinking back i dont think i ever had a cop right behind me in the last 2 weeks either. Which is odd.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:57 AM
The Jewbag

Originally Posted by Stoof@180Custom
IDK!! haha

I still had tail lights, just no brake lights. Maybe they didnt notice? Thinking back i dont think i ever had a cop right behind me in the last 2 weeks either. Which is odd.

LOL it's like your car sticks out enough already and you had a lucky break that they didn't see the no brake lights
Old 04-21-2010, 11:50 PM
beerme986

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why would all the traction related lights go off for that? makes no sense but atleast you fixed it.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:14 AM
JoseG37

I’m having the same issue I can’t figure it out. My Abs, traction light, and slip light all suddenly turn on while I’m parking. Happened once last week, then it started happening more frequently. But when I turn my car off and on it goes away. Brake fluid is topped off I’m gonna be checking the abs sensor next I recently went back to oem wheels idk if that has anything to do with it lol any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-28-2019, 04:55 PM
photopro
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
any reason for the warning lights?

hello did you ever figure out why the lights came on? I replaced a brake light switch that was causing a myriad of problems; sluggish accel., no starting or intermittent starting. had to clean up old switch with a tech at autozone as it was a sunday and it would take 2 days for delivery. Ran fine for a day then no start, Replaced the switch, didnt want to start, tried again, it worked. Decided to drive it and the lights came on. Parked it turned off, lights off but back on after a few hundred feel. then no start again. Put the old switch back in, fired up, and the same thing happened. Going to the Nissan dealer Weds. but wondering if you had any luck.
thanks,
Old 01-28-2019, 05:08 PM
JoseG37

Mine turned out to be my abs sensor on my left side wheel. Connect it to a scanner to see what abs code pops up that’s what I did and it helped. Let me know how it goes best of luck!