General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Water leak under floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Abester000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water leak under floor mats

Hey all.....

The past few days its been raining and it just stopped..... I have noticed under my floor mats its like a puddle..... my whole floormat got wet because of it.... and as well as under my seat and in the rear seat floor mats as well.... im wondering how this is happening.... the floor mats to this day are wet..... there is no odor..... every time i walk out of my car after driving my jeans are getting wet like crazy!!!!! not sure what to do..... i dont know if i should take it to the dealership..... anyone experience an issue like this?

Thanks in advance!!!

-Abe
Old 12-15-2009, 09:23 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I remember seeing a thread about this EXACT same issue a while back...I'll try and find it for you and see what they said. If nothing else I would take it to the dealership and have them check it out. GL with it!

EDIT: ok found it...https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...-in-the-g.html

Check that out and see if there are any answers floating around that thread
Old 12-16-2009, 12:10 AM
STOOF

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
wow i just had this happen to me last week when it was pooring here.

It flooded my passanger side, it was pooring down like a waterfall from under the dash.

Driver side was dry.

I did notice that when it was raining i was parked forward in my driveway, thus having the car angled so the front was higher. I always park backed in so the front is lower.

I was thinking this had something to do with the water coming into the cabin somehow. Havent really had time to look into it.
Old 12-16-2009, 05:00 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
this issue can be caused by the ac drain line being blocked. it will leak into the floor and not oudside the car.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:18 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One prior post on this issue indicated the issue was an improperly sealed cable that was run through the firewall for an alarm system. Have you had any custom wiring between the engine and passenger compartments? If not, then still check that all the plugs on the firewall are properly secure.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:06 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^ good memory. I remeber that now too.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:01 PM
cdso

Originally Posted by Abester000
Hey all.....

The past few days its been raining and it just stopped..... I have noticed under my floor mats its like a puddle..... my whole floormat got wet because of it.... and as well as under my seat and in the rear seat floor mats as well.... im wondering how this is happening.... the floor mats to this day are wet..... there is no odor..... every time i walk out of my car after driving my jeans are getting wet like crazy!!!!! not sure what to do..... i dont know if i should take it to the dealership..... anyone experience an issue like this?

Thanks in advance!!!

-Abe
I have the same issue. Did you find out what the problem was??
Old 04-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Will.g0009

Have same issue but on passenger side only. Some drainage tube is blocked as it only occurs during heavy rainfall or car wash. At times you can hear the water sloshing around passenger side area. Anyone heard of how to unclog these tubes?
Old 04-13-2010, 06:30 AM
jmark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clogged or not properally installed sunroof drains can cause the problem too. I had it happen in a BMW one time.....
Old 04-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Hayabusa02

THis just happened to me and my Volvo S60R. Fired two computers under the seat...so I ended up trading it in.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:55 AM
ak47
Banned

i am having this issue but only my drivers side mate is wet passenger side is dry
Old 07-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Exige

We have seen the issue here a few times and its not an AC line or clogged it was wrongly installed or pulled apart at the fitting end for the sunroof drain..

Basically a hose goes from the sunroof to the inside of the fender/dash area and there is a end fitting that it fits into the few we have seen it seperates and just leaks. not sure if its something that happens to cause it or just random but it sucks!
Old 07-19-2010, 12:01 AM
1SiCkG
Banned

check your firewall .. i went to infiniti and my firewall rubber was loose and that caused water to leak in ruin my mat and rug and **** up my foot rest pedal which they did not warantee
Old 04-05-2011, 08:23 PM
dyoder

I've got the same issue. The Infiniti dealership here in Orlando has been really good about trying to solve the problem. Today they brought in a 3rd party company to test all the seals. I'm expecting a call from the dealership tomorrow.... We'll see what come up with.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:08 AM
CDONNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If it pours in from under the dash it is more than likely (99% certain) your rubber grommet that runs wiring from the cabin to the engine. If you've had a sound system installed, radar detection system (like I have), or any wiring for other reason, odds are that the installer pulled the grommet out and wedged the new wires in the side, then replaced the grommet. What they should have done was either get a new wider grommet, or wire through the grommet by cutting it, then going over it with a type of sealant.

Here is a few pictures of the driver side grommet, the passenger one is accessed by removing the battery cover/windshield molding: https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...e-grommet.html

Quick Reply: Water leak under floor mats