General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help im just out of my luck right?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 03:42 AM
G37nS2K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im just out of my luck right?

ok today, i pulled over to the gas station to fill it up.

i walked down to the counter to pay and came back to start filling.

i gently pushed the gas lid door and that was when everything started to go ugly.

gas lid door would not open, i played with it for 10 mins. pushed it every single angle i could possibly try. it still would not open

so i called the road side assistance for a tow. i could have force opened it but i clearly knew Infiniti will try to blame on me and

would not cover the damage. so i wanted to show the service people that something like this actually happened to my car in a real life.

while i was waiting for a towing truck, i kinda banged it expressing my frustration and it opened.

my car has given me problems like this. small and big, 4 times already.

last time, i started the car and my car would not accelerate from 20MPH, what the heck? i nailed the gas pedal and it felt like it

was just in idle!

furthermore, noise from VVEL actuator started to occur again on the way home. and i got this fixed last week!!

seriously i have had 3 s2000s and i swear none of them went to dealership for a "mechanical service" except when i had a

scheduled maintanance service.

top of that, i always took my car to the track on the weekends and pushed the hell out of them to their limit.

this is my first time of nissan. i see a lot of people saying BMW is not reliable and everything but i was thinking...maybe it was

better off to go with 335i which i am extremely regretting.

what do youguys think? im not here to complain nor over exaggerate. what i have posted here is 100% truth, believe it or not

and i thought i should post here to see your reaction to this.

i am getting really frustrated from all these unexpected problems from my G.

Last edited by G37nS2K; 01-08-2009 at 04:11 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:01 AM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
are you sure the car is unlock when you try to open the gas tank? i know that might sound a little profound, but it's happened to me before, when you lock your car, there is a locking mechanism that locks the gas tank. that mechanism unlocks when you unlock the car, you can simply see this by opening the gas tank and watching it lock and unlock as you lock/unlock your car. and there is a TSB for the vvel knocking noise... bring it back to them and tell them to fix it! as for the 20mph problem... you might want to ask infiniti... don't know what that's about.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:07 AM
G37nS2K

Originally Posted by aliiin
are you sure the car is unlock when you try to open the gas tank? i know that might sound a little profound, but it's happened to me before, when you lock your car, there is a locking mechanism that locks the gas tank. that mechanism unlocks when you unlock the car, you can simply see this by opening the gas tank and watching it lock and unlock as you lock/unlock your car. and there is a TSB for the vvel knocking noise... bring it back to them and tell them to fix it! as for the 20mph problem... you might want to ask infiniti... don't know what that's about.

VVEL TSB has performed last week. im scared to hear their excuses once i take my car to the dealership for same reason.

and the driverside door was open at the time when i tried to open the gas door. so im very positive that my car was unlocked at that moment.

20mph problem- my car was towed to the dealership and i went to the dealer next day morning to explain and describe the problems. but unfortunately, my car was running fine with service assistant in the car with me.

thanks for your input BTW

Last edited by G37nS2K; 01-08-2009 at 04:16 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 08:56 AM
SOLISIMO

Same crap happend to me, the doors were closed but unlocked, it would not open, all I did was hit the unlock button again and pressed it and it openned
Old 01-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
This happened on my G35 and had to get gas so I ripped it open, took it back to the dealer the next day and they fixed with no questions asked. Said the actuator must have gone bad. Warentee claim and done.

Last edited by Kidcane; 01-08-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:08 PM
w0ady

could just be the actuator going bad like chad said. as far as the limp mode, just try restarting the car and it should go away. not sure about the vvel noise though. are you sure they fixed it or just said they did?
Old 01-08-2009, 06:16 PM
vINCe_Inc

you know the phrase that goes 'there is no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid people" ? . .
where you'r down and about, lift up your head and shout.... OOOH **** !
Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I get a CEL from not clicking my gas cap enough times, You'd think clicking it about 20 times or so would do the trick, but nope!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:58 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Graham
I get a CEL from not clicking my gas cap enough times, You'd think clicking it about 20 times or so would do the trick, but nope!
Turn it clockwise
Old 01-08-2009, 07:37 PM
t-bone1924

What you probably did when you got out of your car at the gas station is what I used to do, that is unlock the driver's door by quickly unlocking the door with the MANUAL interior door lock, not using the power unlock button; you can unlock and open the driver's (or passenger's) door but not unlock the gas cap! Unless you use the power unlock switch or the key fob unlock button or the exterior power unlock button, the gas cap will NOT unlock, even though your door (or the passenger's) is opened manually.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:42 PM
gtracing

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by G37nS2K
seriously i have had 3 s2000s and i swear none of them went to dealership for a "mechanical service" except when i had a

scheduled maintanance service.
i'm a honda man myself! vtec > vvel!!

did u know that out of all the vtec engines honda's ever made, not one has ever failed because of poor engine design? usually a broken vtec motor is either due to poor maintenance, or modifications...