G37 Sedan

From ARK to GTHAUS?

Old 09-30-2017, 05:55 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
From ARK to GTHAUS?

What's up fellow G's, hope everyone is doing good.

I was wondering if some of you guys could chime in as I am thinking about purchasing the GTHAUS Exhaust for my 11 G37S. Initially, I was going to try and sell my G37S (7AT) for some sort of 370Z 6MT but considering I would have to spend an extra $5-8 grand in order to make that work, I opted out to keep my G37S for a few more years instead.

So now, I am thinking about treating myself to the exhaust I always wanted... the GTHAUS Axle Back + Mid-Pipe + Y-Pipe. I am currently running my ARK Grip paired with the Z1 HFC and it sounds great (little bits of pops and crackles, etc). Do you guys think it is worth it to buy the GTHAUS CBE (~$4000) and sell my Ark GRIP used to hopefully make about $800-1000 back? After, I plan to probably lower the car with coils and add the OEM front lip, than call it a day for the G until I sell it and buy a manual

I also see people running the motordyne resonated XYZ Y-Pipe with their GTHAUS Axle + Mid-Pipe. Another question would be: do people prefer the resonated XYZ Pipe from Motordyne or the actual GTHAUS Y-Pipe? I love when an exhaust has the F-Type (credits to rochester) crackles and pops which my Ark sort of does to a very small extent. This can lead into my other question: Is the GTHAUS Y-Pipe straight-piped or resonated? I also read about people using just the GTHAUS Axle Back and finding cheaper alternatives for the mid-pipe and y-pipe, but I think I am 100% getting the Axle + Mid pipe from GTHAUS.

Lastly, from my reading, people say adding a HFC or TP creates a great amount rasp as it does with most exhausts. For any GTHAUS owners out there, are you guys running HFCS/TPs/RTPs and if so, how is the volume? Any crackles / pops on downshifts or letting off the acceleration? Do you guys think the GTHAUS will sound bad when driving in 7AT mode?

Anyways, I bolded the main questions I have and thank you guys very much for reading this long *** essay. I just want to see if its worth the money to experience the GTHAUS exhaust. I also know opinions are personal and knowing if this is a right decision depends on myself, but I would love to know what some of you guys who were in the same position did.

Pros:
- Own one of the most praised / expensive exhausts in the G37 Community.
- Great Resale when I decide to sell it
- Unique exotic-ish sound that most exhausts cannot replicate
- Sell my current ARK Exhaust to make back some money.

Cons:
- Price Tag..... I can buy a 240 with that money
- I heard it doesn't increase as much HP as any other exhaust, but that's debatable especially on a N/A car.
- May sound iffy when driving in automatic mode in my 7AT. Of course, manual mode won't be a con.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!

Last edited by SkyG37; 09-30-2017 at 07:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Fabianmg77 (10-02-2017)
Old 09-30-2017, 09:16 PM
Wellnotexactly

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
From what I understand the axleback by itself is almost as loud as many cbe exhausts (including the ark). Concept Z motor sports has a sale on the axleback for about $1500 shipped right now. As to the mid pipe and y pipe sections, you could propbably have them fabbed up for cheaper since they are insanely overpriced for what they are. With the GT Haus I think you're essentially paying for the muffler/rear section since that is what is most unique about the system.

If you added the axlebacks to a mid pipe and y pipe it would be VERY loud. Even the axleback with just HFC or RHFC I think would be pretty loud.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:36 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Wellnotexactly
From what I understand the axleback by itself is almost as loud as many cbe exhausts (including the ark). Concept Z motor sports has a sale on the axleback for about $1500 shipped right now. As to the mid pipe and y pipe sections, you could propbably have them fabbed up for cheaper since they are insanely overpriced for what they are. With the GT Haus I think you're essentially paying for the muffler/rear section since that is what is most unique about the system.

If you added the axlebacks to a mid pipe and y pipe it would be VERY loud. Even the axleback with just HFC or RHFC I think would be pretty loud.
Thanks for letting me know about the sale from CZP. Was not aware so I'll be giving them a call on Monday and hopefully it'll still be on sale. Do you happen to know when it ends. ?

And very true about the rear axle being the most important distinction for gthaus. The rest is pretty much just straight piped.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:37 AM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Alright, the main question would be: Would you rather run the GTHAUS Axle back / mid pipe / y pipe or run the GTHAUS Axle Back & midpipe / motordyne XYZ resonated Y pipe? My goal is to try and create some crackles and pops every now and then like my ark sort of does, but keep that exotic GTHAUS tone. Ive watched tons of videos and I've seen tbah the straight piped y pipe creates a higher pitched tone versus the motordyne XYZ resonated y pipe. I'm also assuming the XYZ bolts right up to the GTHAUS mid pipe / Z1 hfc ?
Old 10-01-2017, 01:39 AM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
"Worth it" is up to you.

Would I spend $4,000 for a exhaust system for my car? Nope. Not worth it to me. I could not daily a car with that raucous sounding exhaust every damn day.

The car would only make 300whp if lucky. A car so slow and with so little power does not need a exhaust so loud. Equivalent to a old *** integra or civic si fully straight piped with a 5" exhaust tip. So loud, but yet so slow.

Our cars are similar. I have a 2011 G37S 7AT in Moonlight White, black interior with all packages also. I have fast-intentions non-res high flow cats and fast-intentions 18" resonated CBE + Hotchkis front & rear sway bars.

Do you use your intelligent cruise control or auto rain-sensing wipers?
Old 10-01-2017, 03:26 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,565 Likes on 3,422 Posts
If you were replacing your OEM exhaust, I'd say treat yourself. But you already have the ARK Grip, making the GT-Haus an incremental mod, not a transformative one. So if you're gathering advice, mine is to direct your efforts elsewhere.

Better yet, chill out for a month and come back to this idea. See where your head is then. If it's still in line with your heart, then that's what you do.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:34 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
GTHAUS CBE can be had for $2,800 and not $4,000. I'd look into Motordyne Catback for another option that costs a bit less and will have 0 rasp even without paired with ART pipes.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:39 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by qmantran
"Worth it" is up to you.

Would I spend $4,000 for a exhaust system for my car? Nope. Not worth it to me. I could not daily a car with that raucous sounding exhaust every damn day.

The car would only make 300whp if lucky. A car so slow and with so little power does not need a exhaust so loud. Equivalent to a old *** integra or civic si fully straight piped with a 5" exhaust tip. So loud, but yet so slow.

Our cars are similar. I have a 2011 G37S 7AT in Moonlight White, black interior with all packages also. I have fast-intentions non-res high flow cats and fast-intentions 18" resonated CBE + Hotchkis front & rear sway bars.

Do you use your intelligent cruise control or auto rain-sensing wipers?
What if that $4,000 turned into about 45% less. But of course, as you stated, it is up to me about that part. I agree how this car isn't fast by any means, but we do have one of the best sounding exhaust note for a V6 N/A engine.

As for the intelligent cruise control and auto rain, I do not use them at all really. Same with the auto headlight feature, I don't use that either because I tend to keep my fog lights on whenever it is foggy / sort of dark outside but not because of the night so I can have my rear lights on.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:44 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
If you were replacing your OEM exhaust, I'd say treat yourself. But you already have the ARK Grip, making the GT-Haus an incremental mod, not a transformative one. So if you're gathering advice, mine is to direct your efforts elsewhere.

Better yet, chill out for a month and come back to this idea. See where your head is then. If it's still in line with your heart, then that's what you do.
True. Very true. But another thing to consider, how long will CZP have the GTHAUS for sale for such a great price? If it ends soon, which I'm going to call them tomorrow to ask, that will bump the exhaust right back to where it started.

BUT.. I do agree with you on the "So if you're gathering advice, mine is to direct your efforts elsewhere" part as I can probably spend that money on something way better for the vehicle, or even myself personally. But I was so set on getting that 370z but figured I'll just get the GTHAUS to keep me happy with the G for a few years. We'll see.

Originally Posted by MaQG37
GTHAUS CBE can be had for $2,800 and not $4,000. I'd look into Motordyne Catback for another option that costs a bit less and will have 0 rasp even without paired with ART pipes.
Very true fact. On top of that, sell my ARK Grip for a good price used and its practically $2,000 (Even though I know selling the ARK is still loosing money cause I paid for it originally).

For the Motordyne Exhaust, I was reading in the Exhaust thread that they are built to order? Or was that another MD product? Something about people were waiting on confirmation dates and some even got a day but was pushed back even farther. I could be wrong though.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:48 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
The GTHAUS is definitely louder and has a different tone that can have rasp when adding a HFC/Test pipe to it. Check out some youtube videos to get a feel for it. I, personally love it and was debating selling my Motordyne for GTHAUS. Motordyne is right in between ARK and GTHAUS in terms of volume.

I think the right exhaust really makes the car enjoyable for me and worth the investment if you can swing it financially. I honestly have been getting consistently 15-17 MPG ever since I got the full Motordyne setup on my car. It's tough to drive the car normally when you hear the crackles, pops, and the raw volume coming from the car. It's a really cool experience to drive and I turn heads daily.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:54 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MaQG37
The GTHAUS is definitely louder and has a different tone that can have rasp when adding a HFC/Test pipe to it. Check out some youtube videos to get a feel for it. I, personally love it and was debating selling my Motordyne for GTHAUS. Motordyne is right in between ARK and GTHAUS in terms of volume.

I think the right exhaust really makes the car enjoyable for me and worth the investment if you can swing it financially. I honestly have been getting consistently 15-17 MPG ever since I got the full Motordyne setup on my car. It's tough to drive the car normally when you hear the crackles, pops, and the raw volume coming from the car. It's a really cool experience to drive and I turn heads daily.
I'm assuming it is the shockwave exhaust or am I just totally wrong . But as of the youtube videos, I watched about every GTHAUS video I can find that was worth it. Thats what I did before getting my ARK. Here is a comparison video of ARK vs GTHAUS (owner said he liked the GTHAUS more):

Now, this is a video of what my setup would be except the RHFC (this is owned by a member here named kdawg8526 - I think):

I think he mentioned in this video he had the XYZ pipe.
I would go with the resonated XYZ pipe because as with the ark and its resonators, I'm assuming the resonators would create more of a blurple / pop crackle effect versus a straight piped y pipe.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:05 PM
MerakiAutoworks
Your #1 Infiniti Vendor!

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Contact us for pricing on the GTHAUS!

-Josh
Old 10-01-2017, 08:18 PM
Nezzywezzy
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello, 7/AT G coupe GThaus owner here. I run the accessories department for an Infiniti dealership in Illinois so I have done and heard just about every exhaust setup on the VQ.

At first I ran my full GThaus catback with berk non-resonated test pipes. The sound was great when I was really ripping on it but was too raspy for everyday driving. Full on rasp would kick in around 2-3k RPM. I would have to pull out of my neighborhood at 5 miles an hour in the morning after an ear piercing cold start. This setup created amazing crackles and pops. All my friends would say it sounded like a GTR on the highway and they would even cover their ears if I was driving next tot hem.

I decided to add on some FI RHFC and a Motordyne XYZ pipe to quiet down the exhaust. The exhaust is now perfect for daily driving but I kind of miss the scream it would make with my old setup. There isn't as much crackles and pops with this set up. I might buy another GThaus Y-pipe or switch out my resonator module to the straight pipe module for my XYZ pipe. The XYZ pipe resonator must be like 10" long and is 4.5" diameter lol.

Calling @Tens1x for his testimony. Just sold him a full GThaus but he's running stock cats. System sounds great on the stock cats, but I wanted the power from replacing the cats. Even the owner of GThaus asks why I would replace the stock cats because it makes the exhaust "too loud". This exhaust was engineered and fine tuned to sound awesome with the stock cats. However, I think my current setup is the best for anyone that wants to eliminate rasp, not draw too much attention, and still have that exotic GThaus sound.

Here are some vids of my exhaust with both setups.

This is the full GThaus catback with berk unresonated test pipes:

This is the GThaus axleback + midpipe with FI RHFC and Motordyne XYZ pipe w/ resonator module.

Last edited by Nezzywezzy; 10-01-2017 at 08:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TenSix (10-03-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 08:45 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Nezzywezzy
Hello, 7/AT G coupe GThaus owner here. I run the accessories department for an Infiniti dealership in Illinois so I have done and heard just about every exhaust setup on the VQ.

At first I ran my full GThaus catback with berk non-resonated test pipes. The sound was great when I was really ripping on it but was too raspy for everyday driving. Full on rasp would kick in around 2-3k RPM. I would have to pull out of my neighborhood at 5 miles an hour in the morning after an ear piercing cold start. This setup created amazing crackles and pops. All my friends would say it sounded like a GTR on the highway and they would even cover their ears if I was driving next tot hem.

I decided to add on some FI RHFC and a Motordyne XYZ pipe to quiet down the exhaust. The exhaust is now perfect for daily driving but I kind of miss the scream it would make with my old setup. There isn't as much crackles and pops with this set up. I might buy another GThaus Y-pipe or switch out my resonator module to the straight pipe module for my XYZ pipe. The XYZ pipe resonator must be like 10" long and is 4.5" diameter lol.

Calling @Tens1x for his testimony. Just sold him a full GThaus but he's running stock cats. System sounds great on the stock cats, but I wanted the power from replacing the cats. Even the owner of GThaus asks why I would replace the stock cats because it makes the exhaust "too loud". This exhaust was engineered and fine tuned to sound awesome with the stock cats. However, I think my current setup is the best for anyone that wants to eliminate rasp, not draw too much attention, and still have that exotic GThaus sound.

Here are some vids of my exhaust with both setups.

This is the full GThaus catback with berk unresonated test pipes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxvzsrPpyc

This is the GThaus axleback + midpipe with FI RHFC and Motordyne XYZ pipe w/ resonator module.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNTSun-eGBk
I actually saw the bottom video when I was looking up the combo of the GTHAUS Axle + Mid with the Resonated XYZ. I am going to be running Z1 HFC with my GTHAUS if I did purchase it, but I am still stuck on whether to buy the XYZ with the resonator or the actual GTHAUS Y-Pipe. Of course, the GTHAUS Y-Pipe will be more expensive than the XYZ.

Is the setup with the Resonated XYZ pipe still loud? Louder than a motordyne exhaust or maybe on par with it? Just want to get an idea as in videos, you can never tell. Except when its a full GTHAUS system with TPs, than you can tell it will be loud haha. Where did you purchase your system from if I may ask?
Old 10-02-2017, 10:39 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Well I'm currently running GTHaus with stock cats and the sound to me is amazing. I did at first have them paired with Stillen non res HFC and there was a fair amount of rasp around the 2600-3200 range but after that it was beautiful. Cracks, pops, gurgles, and all. I ended up selling the HFC along with my Stllen exhaust as a pair and so the stock cats went back on.

Here are a couple clips with the Stillen HFC

I still get a very small amount of rasp now that I can control it more or less pending throttle response I give. But I have also been looking into getting the Motorodyne XYZ to see if that will do the trick or not to rid the rasp, but I also dont want to lose that distinct exotic tone it has either. I would never buy new full price, I bought mine used for a great deal and just a few months ago GTHaus was running a crazy deal on their site of almost 40% off.

Search this Thread