G37 Sedan

From ARK to GTHAUS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 12:43 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Well tried contacting Concept Z to order and they were a bust and said that can't do that price anymore ... figures. Anyways, anyone else have any suggestions on where to buy the GTHAUS system at a decent price ?

@DaddyFat I saw those videos hundreds of times. What has be laughing each time is that guy saying "THAT RIGHT THERE IS MY NEXT INVESTMENT!" haha. But yeah as of now, I guess it's trying to find the system for a great price.

Also, still need to decide if I want the XYZ resonated or not. We shall see.

If anyone knows any vendors selling the GTHAUS for a good price lmk !

Last edited by SkyG37; 10-02-2017 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:48 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MaQG37
GTHAUS CBE can be had for $2,800 and not $4,000. I'd look into Motordyne Catback for another option that costs a bit less and will have 0 rasp even without paired with ART pipes.
Can you PM me where I can find the exhaust for $2800 please? Thank you.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:56 PM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyG37
Can you PM me where I can find the exhaust for $2800 please? Thank you.
JM Auto Racing.
Old 10-02-2017, 01:00 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MaQG37
JM Auto Racing.
Maybe that sale already ended, but I messaged that a few days ago and they gave me a way different quote.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:48 PM
Nezzywezzy
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyG37
I actually saw the bottom video when I was looking up the combo of the GTHAUS Axle + Mid with the Resonated XYZ. I am going to be running Z1 HFC with my GTHAUS if I did purchase it, but I am still stuck on whether to buy the XYZ with the resonator or the actual GTHAUS Y-Pipe. Of course, the GTHAUS Y-Pipe will be more expensive than the XYZ.

Is the setup with the Resonated XYZ pipe still loud? Louder than a motordyne exhaust or maybe on par with it? Just want to get an idea as in videos, you can never tell. Except when its a full GTHAUS system with TPs, than you can tell it will be loud haha. Where did you purchase your system from if I may ask?
I am a vendor for many performance companies here at the dealership so I got the parts from work. The XYZ pipe definitely made the sound deeper the entire exhaust setup until you pas 4.5k+ RPMs. I'd say that my exhaust is closer in loudness to a motordyne exhaust but with the exotic note from GThaus. A lot of bass and low frequencies from adding on the FI RHFC and XYZ pipe + resonator. I swear my old set up must have been at least 15db louder. Keep in mind the FI RHFC also have 8" resonators. I overshot it a little bit when it came to quieting it down personally.

If you're going to run stock cats or resonated high flows, get the GThaus Y-pipe.

If you're going to run test pipes or un-resonated cats, get the XYZ pipe w/ resonator. Unless you really don't mind pissing everyone around you the **** off.
The following users liked this post:
Daddy Fat Sacs (10-03-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 02:01 PM
kroy
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
For that type of money, I feel like you're half way to forced induction. Or if you don't want to go that route, you can pretty much finish off modding with 4.08 gears and LSD, which will cost like $2500. You can even go E85.

Either way, if you do get the GThaus, post up some clips because it sounds badass.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:10 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,604 Likes on 3,448 Posts
Originally Posted by kroy
you can pretty much finish off modding with 4.08 gears and LSD, which will cost like $2500.
Well, he already has VLSD. And going with short gears doesn't seem to be that common a mod for the 7AT crowd, but doable. I certainly know what it did for my 6MT

All good suggestions, but the OP wants noise.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:35 PM
TenSix
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey there,

As another G coupe owner with the full setup, I can say that it's pricey but worth it. Not only are you getting a unique exotic sound from a GTHaus setup, you're also getting amazing quality (their welds are spot on). For starts I would highly recommend sticking with stock cats and or running resonated HFC's if you plan on touching the cat system, test pipes are a no-no and will be a little too much. The axleback and midpipe are what will make the most of the volume associated with it. As for the y-pipe, it isn't the most important part it's more so the icing on the cake, you can play around with that to suit your tastes to save a few bucks if you want to go with maybe the Motordyne XYZ instead. Gains wouldn't be very far off as compared to your existing setup but if you do decide to run some high flow's, get a tune to top it off which is what I plan to do and you should see some differences there. @Nezzywezzy can tell you that I was sold on it once I got in his car You can definitely shop around to snag the pieces separately from distributors for less than $4,000 though.

I run the full catback with stock cats, I'll try to get a video up soon.

Last edited by TenSix; 10-03-2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:59 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 306 Likes on 241 Posts
Never heard the GTHaus in person, but when I hear vids, I nearly have a crisis.

It sounds so distinctive and makes the car sound like it has a different engine. It almost sounds too aggressive, like you'd hear this loud, exotic note and get disappointed that it's just a Nissan

But $4,000+ separates the boys from the men I guess. Love my G, consider myself a "car guy" and want to start thinking about some real mods, but the other things I can use that money for deters me from going that route. Godspeed to anyone that does
Old 10-04-2017, 08:36 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Thank you guys for the responses. I am still considering my options as of now on how I would like to spend the money because as kroy mentioned, it is almost halfway to FI. I just don't have the other half to support that sort of mod. Plus you need an extra EXTRA half just in case the engine or transmission blows up. I already have the sport model so as Rochester mentioned, I do have an LSD already and the 4.08 gears never struct my attention.

Now I'm not sure if its only the noise I want, but I think it's also the distinction of having a GTHAUS Exhaust. Anyways I am going to break down why I think the exhaust is priced so differently from when other members bought it. Has anyone purchased the GTHAUS Exhaust in the year 2017? And if so, was it under $3000? Because if it was, it was probably due to a huge sale or something along those lines.

I heard from a reputable source that the MSRP has gone up in the year of 2017. So the people who got the exhaust for ~$3000 or cheaper, probably bought it before the prices were raised. Now, the exhaust is close to $4000 (shipped, etc) without any sales. Concept Z Performance had the exhaust listed at ~$1550 but when I called about it, they called GTHAUS stating they can no longer support that price.

Regardless, the prices are going to keep going up. Who knows how much, but that is why I think people are saying they got it for cheaper; they most likely purchased it before the MSRP went up. If I did purchase the GTHAUS Exhaust, I would get the MD Resonated Y-Pipe so I can use their Straight-Pipe module just in case I want to feel what a GTHAUS is like. Essentially, it is identical to the Y-Pipe from GTHAUS.

I would also get back funds from selling my ARK Grip (making the GTHAUS cost about ~$3000 in the end), but I just have to think about it still. I am leaning towards buying some coilovers very soon as well and lower on the stock duck feet. We shall see.