G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 09:20 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Wow..If Ford goes that route, what's the point of going with a GT350?
Old 06-15-2020, 04:24 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
Recently realized my previous car, a 2006 Altima SER, was about 7 years old when I sold it and bought the G37 (new), which was about 7 years ago.

Really liked the Altima at the time, it was my first “nice” car (handed down to me by my dad), and I kept it in pretty good shape. Sold it with about 70k miles on it, and was very ready to start driving something else (also graduated college and moved into my career over the course of owning it). While not as drastic of an upgrade as going European, the RWD and overall sportier package of the G37 was enough for me to get really excited about moving on.

But now, an equal time later (but only half the miles), I’m nowhere near ready to “upgrade” to another/better car. Sure I’ve been tempted by the B8.5 S4 and F30 340i, but not enough to take them seriously (e.g. test drive). Think to an extent it’s an age/maturity thing, since my priorities kinda shifted to other things. But it’s also because to me, the G37 (especially in 6MT form) is such a fun, solid car, and has given me zero headaches so far (prob just jinxed it).

Something cooler, faster and louder like an M3 would be pretty neat, but I also really like driving something understated, practical and predictable (maintenance and repairs wise).

Really dig this thread to see what else the community is considering for the next step, especially since many of us are committed to a dying breed (stick-shift sedans). But it also reaffirms that I’m really happy with my car and not really expecting that to change anytime soon.

(sorry if this was boring and sappy)

Old 06-15-2020, 04:33 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,429 Posts
I saw my very first ever on the road Stelvio Quadrifoglio this weekend, and very coincidentally, my very first ever on the road 4C. Both just driving our my neighborhood, not on the highway or anything. Which was weird, because neither car is common around here at all. Both were gorgeous and respectable in their own way. The 4C made a much more exotic impression than I was expecting, whereas the twin-turbo crossover actually made somewhat of a lesser impression that I was expecting... although it sounded awesome. Far more aggressive than any SUV had a right to.

Man... Alfa makes a pretty vehicle.
Old 06-15-2020, 06:16 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
Wow..If Ford goes that route, what's the point of going with a GT350?
I thought the same thing, but it sounds like this is going to replace the GT350

Originally Posted by STownSaint
Recently realized my previous car, a 2006 Altima SER, was about 7 years old when I sold it and bought the G37 (new), which was about 7 years ago.

Really liked the Altima at the time, it was my first “nice” car (handed down to me by my dad), and I kept it in pretty good shape. Sold it with about 70k miles on it, and was very ready to start driving something else (also graduated college and moved into my career over the course of owning it). While not as drastic of an upgrade as going European, the RWD and overall sportier package of the G37 was enough for me to get really excited about moving on.

But now, an equal time later (but only half the miles), I’m nowhere near ready to “upgrade” to another/better car. Sure I’ve been tempted by the B8.5 S4 and F30 340i, but not enough to take them seriously (e.g. test drive). Think to an extent it’s an age/maturity thing, since my priorities kinda shifted to other things. But it’s also because to me, the G37 (especially in 6MT form) is such a fun, solid car, and has given me zero headaches so far (prob just jinxed it).

Something cooler, faster and louder like an M3 would be pretty neat, but I also really like driving something understated, practical and predictable (maintenance and repairs wise).

Really dig this thread to see what else the community is considering for the next step, especially since many of us are committed to a dying breed (stick-shift sedans). But it also reaffirms that I’m really happy with my car and not really expecting that to change anytime soon.

(sorry if this was boring and sappy)
Oddly enough I think you are in roughly the same position I am as far as replacing the G and why this thread I started has continued for so long. I still have not found a suitable replacement. However, there are lots of cool new cars on the horizon which just may tempt me.

Originally Posted by Rochester
I saw my very first ever on the road Stelvio Quadrifoglio this weekend, and very coincidentally, my very first ever on the road 4C. Both just driving our my neighborhood, not on the highway or anything. Which was weird, because neither car is common around here at all. Both were gorgeous and respectable in their own way. The 4C made a much more exotic impression than I was expecting, whereas the twin-turbo crossover actually made somewhat of a lesser impression that I was expecting... although it sounded awesome. Far more aggressive than any SUV had a right to.

Man... Alfa makes a pretty vehicle.
I remember the first time I saw a 4C on the road. I was surprised by just how low and wide it looked for such a small car. I thought it would appear very similar in stature to a Lotus Elise, which is cute, but the 4C looks much more hunkered down and serious. The carbon fiber chassis does not hurt things either. Now if only they made the car without that awful automatic that every reviewer seems to hate...
Old 06-15-2020, 06:29 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,429 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
I remember the first time I saw a 4C on the road. I was surprised by just how low and wide it looked for such a small car. I thought it would appear very similar in stature to a Lotus Elise, which is cute, but the 4C looks much more hunkered down and serious.
YES! Exactly what I've always thought, too. Expecting an Elise, but in person it was much more.

Same.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:47 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

It looks like this new Mustang Mach 1 is going to be a really good track car with a back seat. Nice!

https://carbuzz.com/news/the-ford-ma...resting-secret

Old 06-18-2020, 02:22 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
The new Mach 1 definitely looks like a sweet spot in the Mustang lineup. I just wish Ford would update the Mustang interior... I actually had a deposit on one of the first Mustang GT350's at our local dealer here several years ago until I decided to sell my place in line for a nice little profit. Since then I've had a chance to actually drive a GT350 and even rented a GT for a long weekend last year. Although, I love the way the Mustang drives (was even really impressed with the 10 Spd Auto in the rental), I've decided that there is no way I could live with that interior every day.
The following users liked this post:
Rochester (06-18-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 03:30 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
The new Mach 1 definitely looks like a sweet spot in the Mustang lineup. I just wish Ford would update the Mustang interior... I actually had a deposit on one of the first Mustang GT350's at our local dealer here several years ago until I decided to sell my place in line for a nice little profit. Since then I've had a chance to actually drive a GT350 and even rented a GT for a long weekend last year. Although, I love the way the Mustang drives (was even really impressed with the 10 Spd Auto in the rental), I've decided that there is no way I could live with that interior every day.
It sounds like they are making a few changes to the interior of the Mach 1, but nothing too major. Either way it will still be a nicer place to be than the black cave of plastic that is the Camaro. Speaking of the Camaro, hopefully, this car will be a better competitor to the SS 1LE. Ford's last attempt with the performance package was an overheating joke of a track car. It put up good numbers, but just could not stay out on the track without getting too hot.
Old 06-18-2020, 04:33 PM
ioit2myhp
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw this yesterday. I’m in love!
Old 06-19-2020, 11:47 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
I'm surprised to hear that, especially if you compare it to the G. The Mustang interior is not terrible when you factor in the overall performance bargain.

Originally Posted by 4DRZ
It sounds like they are making a few changes to the interior of the Mach 1, but nothing too major. Either way it will still be a nicer place to be than the black cave of plastic that is the Camaro. Speaking of the Camaro, hopefully, this car will be a better competitor to the SS 1LE. Ford's last attempt with the performance package was an overheating joke of a track car. It put up good numbers, but just could not stay out on the track without getting too hot.
I think we can all agree on the visibility in the Camaro, however it seems like people are divided whether they love the interior design or not. I love the simplicity and feel better behind the wheels than the Mustang. I do love the high revving GT350 but the simplicity of the Camaro (engine, trans, suspension) makes it the better choice in my opinion. Everything just works really well together.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:48 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 186 Posts
In other news, the CT5-V Blackwing has 275 tires up front, 305 in the rear....
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/06...wheel-package/

Old 06-19-2020, 12:06 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by RobC7
In other news, the CT5-V Blackwing has 275 tires up front, 305 in the rear....
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/06...wheel-package/

It will probably need all of that and more being a big heavy boat with gobs of power. Any more news on the CT4-V Blackwing? I wonder if they are waiting for BMW to release their new M3 before they debut the CT4-V Blackwing.

The Camaro SS 1LE is certainly the better driver's car for now, but I am curious to see how the Mach 1 stacks up. I was referring more to the sea of cheap black plastic inside the Camaro compared to the Mustang. Neither one is a Rolls Royce, but sitting in them back to back, the Mustang seems to be a bit nicer place to be- especially taking into account visibility.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:31 PM
ioit2myhp
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[img]blob:https://www.myg37.com/e63c2d30-e4e2-43b7-8bbc-0fd0edfbdbc3[/img]
Old 07-01-2020, 09:20 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

In fast 4dr. news, BMW announced that the new M3 will have 480 hp and 510 hp in Competition trim. The BMW M CEO claims that "the new model generation is significantly superior to that of its predecessors in terms of performance." AWD versions to come later. All good news, but the spy photos seem to indicate that it may not have the huge bucktooth grilles that are on the new 4 series. Either that or a license plate should mount right in the middle of them and break them up a bit in terms of styling.

https://carbuzz.com/news/official-20...ng-with-510-hp

Wait a minute... in this picture it looks like the yellow car has the huge ugly grilles. Doh!

Old 07-02-2020, 09:33 AM
ryanwhite74115
Registered Member

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
That yellow car looks a little too "coupish" to be a 4 door sedan 3 series (especially near the trunk). Here's hoping it doesn't have buck teeth.

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?