G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 09:36 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
I'm not a fan of the new one at all either. It has too many creases on the front, and it just sort of looks ordinary. I also don't really like the headlight design on the new model.
Much prefer the older style, especially with the RS grille on it (which this car has now, old pic)

The following 2 users liked this post by iCrap:
Rochester (01-17-2020), TheDevilsG (01-17-2020)
Old 01-17-2020, 09:47 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,580 Likes on 3,429 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
I'm not a fan of the new one at all either. It has too many creases on the front, and it just sort of looks ordinary. I also don't really like the headlight design on the new model. Much prefer the older style, especially with the RS grille on it (which this car has now, old pic)
That's basically what I was saying about the current model... too many creases, too many sight lines.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:49 AM
Dexter_Morgan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I finally took the plunge and just factory ordered a 2020 540i xDrive Sedan w/ M Sport Package.
My G37x is now 11 years old and in great shape. It only has 91k miles. So hopefully I'm able to sell high which I can put towards the downpayment.
I thought about driving it until the wheels fell off but it, unfortunately, developed a crack in the head gasket. Luckily I was able to seal it from the inside out with a bottle of K-Seal.
So I feel pretty lucky that I'm able to walk away on my terms.
It's been a good run. Unfortunately, I barely considered Infiniti this time around. Their models have grown stale and have nothing innovative. All I see around me are Crossovers and the new design circa 2014. Blah, bland.
That's a shame because when I bought my 2009 G37x it was new and stood out all on its own. The legend only grew with each and every mod. It was damn fun. This time around I got the 540ix fully loaded so I won't be modding any longer. I guess it's curtains.
I wish them continued success in the future but I think Nissan\Infiniti will face some tough decisions over the years ahead.
Goog luck peeps!
Old 01-17-2020, 09:53 AM
rotarymike
Moderator in Moderation

Received 451 Likes on 379 Posts
The last few gen Audis had very clean lines. There were other reasons I wasn't interested when I was searching and ended up with the G37, but looks were not one of them. The newest ones are less attractive IMHO, and the mechanical reasons are unchanged.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:53 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Originally Posted by iCrap
I'm not a fan of the new one at all either. It has too many creases on the front, and it just sort of looks ordinary. I also don't really like the headlight design on the new model.
Much prefer the older style, especially with the RS grille on it (which this car has now, old pic)

That's the body style I'm considering (B8.5?). The supercharger set-up has also been proven to be very reliable based on what I've read and scanning their forums.

That's a great picture
Old 01-17-2020, 10:56 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Dexter_Morgan
I finally took the plunge and just factory ordered a 2020 540i xDrive Sedan w/ M Sport Package.
My G37x is now 11 years old and in great shape. It only has 91k miles. So hopefully I'm able to sell high which I can put towards the downpayment.
I thought about driving it until the wheels fell off but it, unfortunately, developed a crack in the head gasket. Luckily I was able to seal it from the inside out with a bottle of K-Seal.
So I feel pretty lucky that I'm able to walk away on my terms.
It's been a good run. Unfortunately, I barely considered Infiniti this time around. Their models have grown stale and have nothing innovative. All I see around me are Crossovers and the new design circa 2014. Blah, bland.
That's a shame because when I bought my 2009 G37x it was new and stood out all on its own. The legend only grew with each and every mod. It was damn fun. This time around I got the 540ix fully loaded so I won't be modding any longer. I guess it's curtains.
I wish them continued success in the future but I think Nissan\Infiniti will face some tough decisions over the years ahead.
Goog luck peeps!
Congrats on the new car! MSport is definitely the way to go. And you can always add more boost

But.....IDK that "selling high" and cracked head gaskets fixed with stop leak really go together.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:06 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB5190
Oh yea, because Infiniti just screams 'prestige' compared to them...
The 3.3 in the Hyundai and Kia is a beast and isn't snapping belts like dental floss; unlike the 3.0 in another brand's lineup.

I would try not to be so judgmental just because of the badge...Both Hyundai and Kia are killing it with their current lineup and have very competitive options compared to most of the 'established' brands in their segment.
Nothing to do with prestige, I used to drive and Pontiac for crying out loud. Hyundai and Kia isn't killing ****, they have design teams that make attractive cars but everything else is still pure garbage about them. Lipstick on a pig.

Nissan/Infiniti has nothing in their portfolio that is worth looking into, I don't blame anyone looking else where however I would not consider a Hyundai/Kia.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:16 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Everything is relative, Rob. One man's lipstick is another man's racing stripes.

You really, really don't like Korean cars. Got it. Now say something on topic.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:23 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Everything is relative, Rob. One man's lipstick is another man's racing stripes.

You really, really don't like Korean cars. Got it. Now say something on topic.
Nobody is racing is a Hyundai/Kia and if you are, you are doing it wrong

Don't get me started on their phones......
Old 01-17-2020, 11:25 AM
Rochester
Administrator

I'm not kidding, Rob. This is a decent thread, don't derail it.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:29 AM
Joyryde
Banned

Received 61 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by RobC7
Nobody is racing is a Hyundai/Kia and if you are, you are doing it wrong

Don't get me started on their phones......
Who is going to wake up one morning and say "Right. I want to go buy a Hyundai/Kia for $40,000 USD! Honey, get those red panties ready for tonight!" Korean cars are garbage, and so are their phones. Only place they are selling is in America because it's easy to sell people on their fully loaded electronics. Europe, Asia (Japan especially), and even Africa steer away from Korean cars. That's why all their cars flop like the Stinger. Good review though, but crap car.

I'd rather drive an old French car than to be seen in a Korean car. Peugeot or Renault maybe. The Koreans will never be on par with the Japanese, even when they try stealing J-Pop and renaming it as K-Pop.

edit: Only thing I like about that Hyundai is the driver orientation. You don't get that anymore. But that is it.

Last edited by Joyryde; 01-17-2020 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:31 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm not kidding, Rob. This is a decent thread, don't derail it.
We're on topic aren't we? Are we not allowed to state our opinion on a car?
Old 01-17-2020, 11:40 AM
Rochester
Administrator

We're on topic aren't we? Are we not allowed to state our opinion on a car?
For the most part, this forum is pretty chill. And the moderators are expected to use their own judgement on how to keep it that way, because it's a car forum, not a democracy.

Please don't derail this thread.

Last edited by Rochester; 01-17-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-17-2020, 11:42 AM
RobC7
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Joyryde
edit: Only thing I like about that Hyundai is the driver orientation. You don't get that anymore. But that is it.
What do you exactly mean by this?

I need to drive a Veloster Turbo to see what the fus is about. Not something I would consider at this point of my life but it would be nostalgic to drive a modern FWD sport compact again.
Old 01-17-2020, 12:43 PM
Joyryde
Banned

Received 61 Likes on 57 Posts
What do you exactly mean by this?

I need to drive a Veloster Turbo to see what the fus is about. Not something I would consider at this point of my life but it would be nostalgic to drive a modern FWD sport compact again.
If you look at his interior shot of the Hyundai, you notice the center console is slightly shifted to the driver's side. Unlike our G's that have the center console pointed straight in the middle. That means the driver is in control of everything in the car, without long legs trying to mess everything up by pressing buttons and ruining everything. I do believe the Corvette C7 has that as well when I sat in one. Sort of like this best example of driver orientation

Quick Reply: What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?