Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thoughts on buying an accidented G37?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 01:46 PM
someone else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thoughts on buying an accidented G37?

So, there's this 'dealer' in Quebec that specialize only in Infiniti cars. They get them damaged (no frame damage, they are not totaled, but were in an accident and need new paint, bumpers, headlights, bodywork, etc). They have very high rating on Google, like 4.8 out of 5.0 after 60 reviews or so. They not only sell cars but do bodywork, repairs, etc, on only Infiniti brand.

All parts are replaced with OEM parts, and all the repair work is under warranty for 2 years, ALSO full power train warranty for 2 years.

The upside of buying from them is, you get a nice car with low miles for cheaper than market value, with a warranty included into it.

There's a nice black 11' G37x sedan i'm looking at right now, it only has 63,000km, and they're asking 15k or so.

I think I'll go see the car tomorrow and I just may buy it.

I will be able to see the before pictures as well of the accident it was in. Apparently, one headlight was replaced, front bumper. But no damage to frame or engine.

What do you guys think???

P.S I can also take it to an Infiniti dealer to have it fully inspected before buying.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:14 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by someone else
So, there's this 'dealer' in Quebec that specialize only in Infiniti cars. They get them damaged (no frame damage, they are not totaled, but were in an accident and need new paint, bumpers, headlights, bodywork, etc). They have very high rating on Google, like 4.8 out of 5.0 after 60 reviews or so. They not only sell cars but do bodywork, repairs, etc, on only Infiniti brand.

All parts are replaced with OEM parts, and all the repair work is under warranty for 2 years, ALSO full power train warranty for 2 years.

The upside of buying from them is, you get a nice car with low miles for cheaper than market value, with a warranty included into it.

There's a nice black 11' G37x sedan i'm looking at right now, it only has 63,000km, and they're asking 15k or so.

I think I'll go see the car tomorrow and I just may buy it.

I will be able to see the before pictures as well of the accident it was in. Apparently, one headlight was replaced, front bumper. But no damage to frame or engine.

What do you guys think???

P.S I can also take it to an Infiniti dealer to have it fully inspected before buying.
Sounds like your mind is set.
Definitely do a PPI and perhaps have a reputable body shop inspect the body work.
Old 03-26-2017, 02:19 PM
someone else

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
Sounds like your mind is set.
Definitely do a PPI and perhaps have a reputable body shop inspect the body work.
Thanks for the reply.

My mind is not 100% set, hence this thread.

Yes I've read of others who bought from this place, having the car inspected at an Infiniti dealer first, with no issues.

To me this sounds like a good idea to get a great car at a good price with low miles. Car technically should look untouched as if it was never in an accident.

I'd love to hear if some disagree (or agree) though..

Old 03-26-2017, 03:33 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Depends on how much of the damage is structural vs. cosmetic, and would it be a normal title w/ the vehicle or a salvage title. Obviously the less structural damage the better. Being able to see some detailed pics of the damage prior to repair is a big plus since you'll know where to focus your scrutiny when looking at the vehicle, and if you have an outside source involved in the inspection(s). Having a warranty for 2 years is also a strong selling point, but be sure this is a legit warranty, if it's a true Infiniti warranty that's big, many aftermarket warranties aren't much better than a stack of papers.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:51 PM
z 2 g
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As blnewt stated, type of title should be a major consideration, just as the quality of the repair. How long are you planning on keeping it also needs to be a factor. Damaged cars can be repaired and still be good reliable cars with a long life. The fact they have been involved in a accident does although scare a lot of people especially if their not mechanically inclined.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:14 PM
SoccerFlash5

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Honestly as long as the damage was mainly cosmetic and no serious structural/mechanical stuff, the car should be good. A full inspection at an Infiniti dealership will help with peace of mind. I have bought a few rebuilt vehicles with low miles (honestly the insurance companies consider cars totaled for the smallest things a lot of the times) and they all worked fine the only problem is reselling the car sometimes but I say go for it!
Old 03-26-2017, 08:37 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
My only thought is that accidented isnt a word.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:39 PM
SoccerFlash5

Lol who cares.
The following users liked this post:
someone else (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 12:00 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
I clicked on this thread to find out what accidented means. It's not a term I'm familiar with.
iCrap (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 12:01 AM
SoccerFlash5

If you guys couldn't deduce what accidented meant from the context, I'm pretty worried about you guys.
someone else (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 08:03 AM
micafd3s

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
accidented as the new term for when the result is just a dent from an incident... further eliminating it from other forms of damage.. ie crash.. fire.. T-bone.. rollover etc etc

iCrap (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 08:24 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
I think it means it hit something "Bigly"
iCrap (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 10:41 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

A "yuge" accidented G37. Tremendous.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:18 PM
someone else

I also mentioned I'm from Quebec (you know... the Canadian province where most of the people mainly speak french).

Thanks iCrap and Jsolo for your extremely valuable insight into this situation.

Would have been nice to actually get some thoughts on the topic at hand, and then a little ball busting for using the word at the end.. oh well.

Last edited by someone else; 03-27-2017 at 12:24 PM.
iCrap (03-27-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 12:50 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

I thought it was pretty funny lol

Anyways, as far as staying on topic. The car could be a good deal as long as it was repaired correctly.

Get it up on the lift, look for frame straightening marks. Even if they say it has no frame damage... you never know. Check for fluid leaks, etc.

The warranty is nice, but make sure it covers everything.

Personally i would not buy a repaired car because the paintwork will never be as good as OEM, the panel gaps are usually not great and you never know how well the repair was done and if any corners were cut. I would rather buy a non-repaired higher mileage car, as long as it has all its service history.
someone else (03-30-2017)