Calg37USMC
Premier Member

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Diff bushing for sure.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:39 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Thank you guys for the replies. You guys are correct. I'll do a bit of research and decide if I go OEM or aftermarket and have my shop fix it

I​​​​​​I installed the exhaust and it is def louder than the ark. One of the exhaust tips hangs lower than the other also my mechanic welded a tiny tac on the tips do they didn't flex. I can remove the tac with a simple cut if I wish to remove the tips.

I'll try and make videos but I'm in the car right now about to go home. From start up and a few 3.5-4k revs, it's louder for sure. Sounds nice too.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:23 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Will get a drive by hopefully soon. Best I can do in the meantime. Awful video but few revs to 3k and few to 4.5k.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:32 PM
Wellnotexactly

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyG37
Will get a drive by hopefully soon. Best I can do in the meantime. Awful video but few revs to 3k and few to 4.5k.

https://youtu.be/1wyfAHCyU80
Your “awful video” has me scrolling through Z1 motorsports right now for HFC..
Old 11-04-2017, 09:01 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Wellnotexactly
Your “awful video” has me scrolling through Z1 motorsports right now for HFC..
Hehe remember though, these are the older ones with 200 cell count. I bought my Z1s cause members who ran them said positive things about them. On top of that, the price point was A1 compared to other options.

The new ones are 100 cell count. Not sure how much it would change. Price is about the same. I paid $380 shipped I think. Regardless, I'm already in love with the exhaust. Is it louder for sure though.. way louder. But to me, it's in a good way. Crackles and pops are louder as well lol
Old 11-05-2017, 01:00 AM
woofersus
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I had my topspeed pro1 y-back system installed last Wednesday. Aaaannd......Instant regret. It's way too loud, and intrusive in the cabin. (not a low resonant drone, but just the volume level which peaks in the midrange at 3-4k rpms, so it's worst when I'm lugging a bit at 35mph) Maybe it's louder partially because I have RHFC's also installed, but I call shenanigans on the Topspeed's 97db claim. I have an SPL meter and will measure next week if I get a chance.

Also, but dyno NOT approved. I feel like I've lost top end power. Maybe there's some kind of issue with the change of size from the y-pipe or something. Either way, I think I'm going to have the stock pipes put back on. Such a bummer.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:18 AM
VQ37VHR13
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hehe remember though, these are the older ones with 200 cell count. I bought my Z1s cause members who ran them said positive things about them. On top of that, the price point was A1 compared to other options.

The new ones are 100 cell count. Not sure how much it would change. Price is about the same. I paid $380 shipped I think. Regardless, I'm already in love with the exhaust. Is it louder for sure though.. way louder. But to me, it's in a good way. Crackles and pops are louder as well lol
Any rasp or drone with that set up?
Old 11-05-2017, 11:42 AM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VQ37VHR13
Any rasp or drone with that set up?
On my way home from the exhaust shop, I took a few "detours". From what I remember (was too excited), it seemed like less rasp than my previous exhaust. As for drone, I'm going to have to answer that tomorrow as I'll have a 25mile commute to college there and back so I should have a better idea. But when I was driving home yesterday non-spirited, it was very quiet. But once you downshift to about 4k and step on it, it's STTTUUUPPPIIIDDD loud.

If each system was paired with my Z1 HFC, I would say ark was a 7/10, this is 9/10. I would say Gthaus is about 9.5/10 and tomei single pipe would be a 9.8/10. This is all WOT

Last edited by SkyG37; 11-05-2017 at 12:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
VQ37VHR13 (11-05-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 11:48 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,587 Likes on 3,433 Posts
A 100 cell count, huh? Might as well be a test-pipe. But I suppose as long as you don't trip a check-engine, and you can get through a state inspection... more power to you. I didn't know Z1 was going that route.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:49 AM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by woofersus
I had my topspeed pro1 y-back system installed last Wednesday. Aaaannd......Instant regret. It's way too loud, and intrusive in the cabin. (not a low resonant drone, but just the volume level which peaks in the midrange at 3-4k rpms, so it's worst when I'm lugging a bit at 35mph) Maybe it's louder partially because I have RHFC's also installed, but I call shenanigans on the Topspeed's 97db claim. I have an SPL meter and will measure next week if I get a chance.

Also, but dyno NOT approved. I feel like I've lost top end power. Maybe there's some kind of issue with the change of size from the y-pipe or something. Either way, I think I'm going to have the stock pipes put back on. Such a bummer.
Im sorry to hear. Do you think it is mainly due to the RHFC though? And that's kind of odd you feel like you LOST power. But regardless, I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience. One thing I've learned about exhausts is, unless you hear them in person, you're taking a gamble on the sound. YouTube does not to justice on most exhausts, especially on sound.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Im sorry to hear. Do you think it is mainly due to the RHFC though? And that's kind of odd you feel like you LOST power. But regardless, I'm sorry to hear about the bad experience. One thing I've learned about exhausts is, unless you hear them in person, you're taking a gamble on the sound. YouTube does not to justice on most exhausts, especially on sound.
I currently run top speed y back with ART pipes and I’m satisfied the way it sounds for the price. Since I added the resonated xyz pipe from Motordyne it quieter now. Top Speed is quiet compared to other exhaust. I think you should of went with invidea q300 is you really wanted to quiet or stayed stock. Yes there is a drone in the cabin but most exhaust do unless you spend a k or more on a quality exhaust. For 550 the y back is good buy imo
Old 11-05-2017, 03:32 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Mini update: the e370 with the Z1s are not raspy at all. Sounds like a gtr except with no turbos , literally.... It's very distinct and exotic sounding. Not sure if that's due to not having stock cats, but it's very unique I feel like. Best and also the loudest part if not under WOT is downshifting. They are addicting but loud.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:38 PM
VQ37VHR13
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Mini update: the e370 with the Z1s are not raspy at all. Sounds like a gtr except with no turbos , literally.... It's very distinct and exotic sounding. Not sure if that's due to not having stock cats, but it's very unique I feel like. Best and also the loudest part if not under WOT is downshifting. They are addicting but loud.
Very good to hear, looking forward to more vids from you. I'm trying to convince myself that it won't be too bad as far as the loudness lol. I know it's early, but do you think it's not too loud to DD?
Old 11-05-2017, 05:44 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VQ37VHR13
Very good to hear, looking forward to more vids from you. I'm trying to convince myself that it won't be too bad as far as the loudness lol. I know it's early, but do you think it's not too loud to DD?
Well this is my daily. As of right now, I want to drive everywhere just to hear it .. so for me, I can daily drive it. I feel with this exhaust, no matter what, people will know you have an aftermarket exhaust. That is because the sound is so unique and exotic that they know that's not how a stock G37 sounds. Other then that, I literally think it sounds like a mini gtr. The best comparison I can put to it. I could be totally wrong because I haven't heard it from the outside but in cabin / with the windows down, it sounds great. I also thought it was going to be higher pitched when it's actually not but more of an exotic pitch.

I'll tell you about drone in a few hours. Gonna do a quick 10 mi trip on the freeway really quick so I'll test out the drone. So far though, I am happy I made the purchase

Quick Reply: The Sedan Exhaust Thread