G37 Sedan

So PO'D!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 08:54 AM
ColumbiaSkinny

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
So PO'D!

Only had my G a month and got side swiped on the way to work this morning. Hit and run at that.

Any one else have experience with what my options will be as far as my choice in a rental while the repairs are being done? I was told by my Insurance company i will have one while the repairs are being done.

Do i choose, do they choose Is it by the price of my car? Never been in this situation before. It's a 2013 with only 14,600 miles on it. Full coverage. I want to take it a Infinti dealer. And i was hoping i might get to drive a Q50 while i wait to get my G back lol.
Attached Thumbnails So PO'D!-wreck-2-002.jpg  
Old 06-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,610 Likes on 3,452 Posts
You'll get whatever they have available. If they have a number of different models in their loaner fleet, you can probably ask for something particular.

However, if your dealership is small, and sells both Nissans and Infiniti's, and you come across to the Service Manager as some entitled pr1ck, you could very well be driving off the lot in a snazzy new Sentra.
The following users liked this post:
RavensMinded00 (06-10-2015)
Old 06-10-2015, 09:26 AM
ColumbiaSkinny

Originally Posted by Rochester
You'll get whatever they have available. If they have a number of different models in their loaner fleet, you can probably ask for something particular.

However, if your dealership is small, and sells both Nissans and Infiniti's, and you come across to the Service Manager as some entitled pr1ck, you could very well be driving off the lot in a snazzy new Sentra.
lol that would be my luck. The Infiniti dealer here is a pretty good size dealership though. But it's not where i bought my G so i don't know if that will have anything to do with this process or not.

I do travel with clients to do estimates for the company i work with so i don't know if that will have any bearing or not either but i'm going to bring up to hopefully at least put me in something similar to my G. I'm just hoping they get my G repaired as back to new as possible on the paint job. The rim got pretty scraped as well.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:38 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
typically it is what kind of coverage you have and if selected the rental car option or not and then of course how much is covered per day by your insurance. Thats something you need to chack with your insurance company. Now if your taking it to the dealership for repair, then as mentioned, I dont believe there would be a charge for it and the options would go by what they have avail or how much of a relationship you have with your advisor.

Originally Posted by ColumbiaSkinny
Only had my G a month and got side swiped on the way to work this morning. Hit and run at that.
little confused by your statement here...so on your way to work while driving you got hit? or was your car parked somewhere?
Old 06-10-2015, 10:00 AM
ColumbiaSkinny

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
typically it is what kind of coverage you have and if selected the rental car option or not and then of course how much is covered per day by your insurance. Thats something you need to chack with your insurance company. Now if your taking it to the dealership for repair, then as mentioned, I dont believe there would be a charge for it and the options would go by what they have avail or how much of a relationship you have with your advisor.

little confused by your statement here...so on your way to work while driving you got hit? or was your car parked somewhere?
Yeah i got hit while driving on the way to work. They came over into my lane, they were right beside me... black older model Escalade, i gunned it to try and speed past them because there was a car tailgating me so i didn't want to slam on the brakes and get rear ended and side swiped at the same time. I got lucky they just caught the rear panel.

Full coverage with State Farm. Talked to them and the guy said the rental will be paid for in full till i get my car back. Since i have a police report my deductible will only be $200 where it could have been the $500 if i didn't have the State Trooper file the claim in. According to the agent i spoke with.

I'm not exactly sure about all this, never been involved in a wreck before so i'll talk a little more with the agent and dealership when i have more time to take this in and find out more details about my options.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:22 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
The last time I was in an accident the at fault drivers insurance had a x$ allowance for a rental car. The body shop had enterprise pick me up and I got a PT Cruiser. It sucked. Return it the next day, drove my other car, and pocketed the daily rental car allowance.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:41 PM
ColumbiaSkinny

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
The last time I was in an accident the at fault drivers insurance had a x$ allowance for a rental car. The body shop had enterprise pick me up and I got a PT Cruiser. It sucked. Return it the next day, drove my other car, and pocketed the daily rental car allowance.
I wish i had that option to return the rental if i'm not happy with it but i don't have a 2nd car to go to. I just sold my '03 Altima Monday to a buddy i work with and my Mustang is no where near street legal to be a DD in the meantime.

I just hope they don't say they can pop the dents out, bondo it, sand it down and repaint it. The bumper and rim will need to replaced for sure. The rear panel/wheel well is a bit flattened and dented. I hope the estimate will be to replace that piece and the paint job is well blended in to the rest of the car. I saved up for a new car for 2 years to put down a good down payment on a new car and to have this happen is so frustrating. She doesn't even have 15,000 miles on her yet. Having to wait 2 months to get my G back if that be the case while pimping a Sentra or PT Cruiser around in the meantime would make me one grumpy ole SOB.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,610 Likes on 3,452 Posts
I saved up for a new car for 2 years to put down a good down payment on a new car...

Close enough.

Relax, man. Put your first world problems in proper context and focus energies elsewhere. Everything will work out.

Last edited by Rochester; 06-10-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 01:46 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Yeah i got hit while driving on the way to work. They came over into my lane, they were right beside me... black older model Escalade, i gunned it to try and speed past them because there was a car tailgating me so i didn't want to slam on the brakes and get rear ended and side swiped at the same time. I got lucky they just caught the rear panel.
so you got hit while driving and just left it at that? didnt try to speed up and get a tag # or anything else? I know its not the smartest or the norm....but I'll be dam if your gonna hit me and try to take off.

Name:  84591-I-am-the-one-who-knocks-meme-W-y58c_zpsda0nnh4q.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  180.1 KB
Old 06-10-2015, 02:53 PM
ColumbiaSkinny

Originally Posted by Rochester

Close enough.

Relax, man. Put your first world problems in proper context and focus energies elsewhere. Everything will work out.
lol, well played.

I hear ya. I'll get back to my norm after i finish blowing off the steam and concern after working so hard and waiting so long for something that really is material.

Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
so you got hit while driving and just left it at that? didnt try to speed up and get a tag # or anything else? I know its not the smartest or the norm....but I'll be dam if your gonna hit me and try to take off.

Oh my first reaction was to chase. But they cut left into New Castle a neighborhood i know better than to be chasing someone in. Even as bad as i wanted too. It's a rough hood and who knows what i would have gotten myself into had i pursued them at 6 a.m. in the morning. There's a right time and a right place and that just wasn't it. They pulled away too fast for me to get the license number but the make and model along with a busted driver side tail light was the best i could manage after they darted off. I didn't want to leave the scene and take any chances. I just played it safe. Now they can sweat it out every time they drive around with a bolo out on them.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:35 PM
AMai1215

Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts
The insurance company should put you in a rental car that is comparable to the current size of your car now. If they decide to nag about it, just let them know that you need that size (or bigger) because your job involves driving clients around.
ColumbiaSkinny (06-11-2015)
Old 06-10-2015, 06:04 PM
twin_snails
Premier Member

Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Sorry to hear that you got in a wreck man. But not likely that they'll replace the sheet metal there. You'd be surprised at what body shops can do and it definitely won't take two months to fix. I've seen way worse that was still able to be fixed. Your rental equals whatever the rental per diem in your policy coverage allows for.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:09 PM
RavensMinded00
Registered Member

Received 54 Likes on 37 Posts
You got it easy.....

I got rear / side swiped in my last car. I got out and the girl backed out and started pulling in the next lane. I jumped out and said "where the F do you think you're going!? Next thing you know she guns it and I'm rolling over the hood like I'm in Dukes of Hazzard. Numerous people called in the accident / license plate but the cops ****ed around too long and never did anything with it.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:38 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Oh my first reaction was to chase. But they cut left into New Castle a neighborhood i know better than to be chasing someone in. Even as bad as i wanted too. It's a rough hood and who knows what i would have gotten myself into had i pursued them at 6 a.m. in the morning. There's a right time and a right place and that just wasn't it. They pulled away too fast for me to get the license number but the make and model along with a busted driver side tail light was the best i could manage after they darted off. I didn't want to leave the scene and take any chances. I just played it safe. Now they can sweat it out every time they drive around with a bolo out on them.
Sounds like you made the right choice, in the middle of the storm a lot could have gone wrong. Hope you get it back looking like new soon, always sucks do get your "baby" dinged-up especially a hit & run scenario, people can really be as$-hats. Glad you took the high road
ColumbiaSkinny (06-11-2015)
Old 06-10-2015, 11:55 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 235 Likes on 211 Posts
Probably just a new bumper, wheel and sheet metal will likely just be refinished, and you'd never be able to tell the difference assuming they do it right.