Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help connecting a Nexus 4 with a 2010 g37x sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 06:01 PM
TheNewGuy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Help connecting a Nexus 4 with a 2010 g37x sedan

How do you connect the nexus 4 with the 2010 g37x sedan?

I just want to listen to music from my phone and nothing else.

I tried to connect it with bluetooth but there wasn't even any signal or bluetooth my phone can recognize to the car and the car doesn't even recognize my nexus 4 bluetooth. I tried plugging the nexus 4 in by the usb way but didn't get to work around of it much so i still didn't get the music to play...

Help please, I'm new to this car...
Old 12-01-2013, 08:33 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Received 374 Likes on 178 Posts
Bro I had the same issue. You have to first sync your phone via bluetooth to the car. Turn on your bluetooth for the cell, then go into phone in the car. It should show you the devices the cars detecting. Touch the connect phone icon then your phone will eventually ask for the pass key or code which is propably 1234 or 0000, the cars screen will tell you what to enter. After you enter that code into the phone the car should connect. I don't know about your device but in my phone there is a place in settings under bluetooth that you can select either phone or media device or both. If yours has this then enable both media and phone. Now, in the cars electronics there is a similar screen where you can choose to use media off the connected device. That needs to be turned on as well. It takes a while for the car to read the music files off your phone. (mine takes 2-4 minutes usually) Once everything appears set up push the SAT button to the lower left of big **** until you see the screen that says Bluetooth audio. Keep in mind that it takes a while to load up. You'll see a current track from your phone when it's ready to play.

Honestly, I got so frustrated with the wait time I went and bought a cheap Ipod mini with 16Gig memory then used Itunes to load all my songs from the phone onto the Ipod. I just leave the Ipod plugged into the USB port and the music is ready to play as soon as the audio system is started. Much easier and reliable. Plus it seems the cars audio was designed for the ipod. You can actually see the playlists and catagories which you will not see with the phones bluetooth.

Hope I helped ya.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:31 AM
TheNewGuy

Hey man, thanks for the info but I was wondering if apple products are the only acceptable device for this car or what?
Old 12-02-2013, 11:23 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

No way bro. My HTC ONE and my wife's Galaxy S3 work fine. It just takes a while for the car and cell phones to get on the same page when dealing with audio files.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:45 PM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
I had no problem getting my Note II to connect to the bluetooth but had issues trying to get it to stream music. I ended up figuring it out. You have to go into settings then bluetooth, while the phone is connected to the car via bluetooth, and then there should be an option that says media and then I believe you hit connect and it should work.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:56 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Yeah, that's the way to do it. Streaming music via bluetooth got to be a pain in my ....neck so I did the Ipod solution. I still use the bluetooth stream when listening to pandora though.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:08 PM
TheNewGuy

I got it to connect via bluetooth and when I press the play button on my phone to play a song nothing happens except that both my phone and car did not make any sound...

I've also tried connecting my phone via USB portal and nothing happens when I play the music from my phone too.

Am I suppose to play the songs with some special program? Cuz i'm not using itune, I'm just using some random app that lets me download,store, and listen to music.

I've click on almost every button in the car...
I really dont wanna buy a $170 IPOD for this...
Old 12-04-2013, 06:16 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

1) get into car
2) start the car
3) wait for electronics to boot up
4) push settings button
5) select "bluetooth"
6) select "connected devices/phone"
7) select "Audio player"
8) select "whatever name your phone is"
9) you should be ready to go once the stereo recognizes your phone as a media device as well as a phone. (this takes a little time)

ENJOY
Old 12-05-2013, 12:52 AM
TheNewGuy

Part 9 is where I'm stuck... =_= am I just suppose to sit there and wait?
awhile is how long?
Old 12-05-2013, 03:07 AM
'11G37S
A 1/4 mile @ a time

Received 173 Likes on 153 Posts
It may just be easier to go to the dealership and have them walk you through it.
The following users liked this post:
warped ideas (12-05-2013)
Old 12-05-2013, 08:04 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

Originally Posted by TheNewGuy
Part 9 is where I'm stuck... =_= am I just suppose to sit there and wait?
awhile is how long?
Waiting is what I had to do. Once the setup is completed scroll through your input modes till you get to the Bluetooth media screen. When you see the name of a song or some type of indication that the car has read your phone, then you should be ready to play. My car and phone eventually pissed me off enough to buy an iPod. Much easier a worth it now that I can compare between Bluetooth and the tethered ipod. With an iPod you get the the same functionality with the car audio as the iPod. With Bluetooth you don't. Or go to a dealership, they make good money to help us with problems. Sorry so many issues.

Waiting awhile for me can be 2-4 minutes. To answer your question.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:44 PM
TheNewGuy

Yeah IPOD it is lol, this christmas @_@
Thanks no need to answer my questions fast.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:36 PM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

It's much easier and you don't need an Ipod touch or a variant of it. I cheap Ipod mini works great for me. Learning to use Itunes was the hardest part. I actually hate apple products but it works and works well. If you go to Best Buy get a 6 inch USB to Icrap wire. Then just plug your loaded Ipod into the USB port and away you go.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:06 AM
TheNewGuy

Yes! Finally i got it to work with my phone now. Literally takes no time for me, the audio and bluetooth connect right away and I'm able to play my own music instantly as I get in the car.
My problem was because the car only recognize music player app and I was using some ghetto music player app that it didn't even recognize as a music player. I don't use google play cuz it's not free but I decided to download another music player app and it works great.
The following users liked this post:
warped ideas (12-08-2013)
Old 12-08-2013, 08:59 AM
warped ideas
A quarter past stripped

I'll try using that app as well, maybe it'll speed up the connection/ streaming time for me, as well. Nice find and enjoy. I also use a generic music player on my phone called "Mort music player".

Quick Reply: Help connecting a Nexus 4 with a 2010 g37x sedan