G37 Sedan

Nuances I can't seem to get over....

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 07:45 AM
NeverEnough007

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 10Gee37exeS
Ummmmmm...you are wrong...not ALL "Ferrari, Lamborghini etc." have their paddles on the column....facts people FACTS before you make a statement like that! Porsche has steering wheel mounted paddles. Will I say all Porsches? Nope...But the ones I've driven have...I also can say for a FACT that most (again, the ones I've driven and seen), if not all, rally cars have them on the steering wheel...and rally cars are ALL about handling. Lamborghini? Not-so-much on the handing.... Oh but the Audi brethren of the Lamborghini that IS known for it's handling, the R8, guess where the shifting paddles are? Yup...the steering wheel. Hmmmm.....

OK let me clarify...IMO cars that are made to turn should have the paddles at the fingertips....That said, not all Ferraris are made to handle...

Also, again IMO, another thing that's backwards is the manumatic shifting of the shifter...pull back should be upshift...push forward should be downshift...Another thing I got from rally cars....It just makes sense. And this is for both straight line brutes and canyon carvers.
All the cars listed here are VW group and all have a super tight steering ratio since their purpose is not a daily driven grocery getter. So one manufacturer and one of their track purpose vehicle niches. There are a lot more manufacturing styles and a lot more car niches. It is like asking, why are our brakes not carbon ceramic? The same logic doesn't apply to both purposes.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:33 PM
10Gee37exeS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NeverEnough007
All the cars listed here are VW group and all have a super tight steering ratio since their purpose is not a daily driven grocery getter. So one manufacturer and one of their track purpose vehicle niches. There are a lot more manufacturing styles and a lot more car niches. It is like asking, why are our brakes not carbon ceramic? The same logic doesn't apply to both purposes.
Agreed...Isn't the VW Group one of the biggest out there?...you can't escape them!!!
Old 12-04-2013, 02:40 PM
10Gee37exeS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SmokyQ_xS
Which ones aren't?
The ones where the paddles are located on the steering column.....

OK fine you might have gotten me there...Therefore, in that same idea, I also have to say that most (and I'm still sticking by "if not all") Ferraris' paddles are located on the steering wheel....

Last edited by 10Gee37exeS; 12-04-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:13 PM
NeverEnough007

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 10Gee37exeS
Agreed...Isn't the VW Group one of the biggest out there?...you can't escape them!!!
Yes. Their goal is to be the largest by 2015 and they may just do it. They have quite the portfolio and they are focusing a lot on entry level cars under all brands.