G37 Sedan

G37 Sedan 6MT owners check in....

Old 05-02-2012, 02:51 PM
WeisG35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of an S sedan on coupe 19's with 245 front and 275 rear tires? I want to see how meaty the tires would look.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
rks
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by WeisG35
Does anyone have pictures of an S sedan on coupe 19's with 245 front and 275 rear tires? I want to see how meaty the tires would look.
I have 245 / 275 on 19" Volks. you are more than welcome to come see mine near Mason.

Here is a link to some pics. link

Last edited by rks; 05-02-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:59 PM
rpm&my_G35
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Not sure if this is what you are looking for...

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-on-sedan.html

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...6042011289.jpg

https://www.myg37.com/forums/3171371-post8.html
Old 05-02-2012, 03:06 PM
WeisG35

Originally Posted by rks
I have 245 / 275 on 19" Volks. you are more than welcome to come see mine near Mason.
Cool...may take you up on that offer. I've seen your pics....love those wheels.

Thanks - I've seen these but it looks like everyone is using the stock coupe tire size (225 F and 245 R). I have a set of '11 coupe 19's coming next week and I am considering upsizing the tires (245 F and 275 R) to give me some more options but I was hoping to see some pictures first before I pull the trigger. If the 275 on the rear bulges, I may stick with stock sizes.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Zack342
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Just ordered my first cosmetic mod a Cusco FSTB!
Old 05-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,569 Likes on 3,422 Posts
Originally Posted by Zack342
Just ordered my first cosmetic mod a Cusco FSTB!
Nice! I kept going back and forth between GT-Spec and Cusco, and had made up my mind to get the Cusco this Summer. Now you can be my Guinea Pig, Zack.

The brackets on the Cusco bar are blue, BTW. But don't let that stop you. Just bring the brackets to any decent Powder-coater, and they'll blast them to the metal and repaint. I bet you can get them done for $20 give or take.

Also, DressUpBolts.com has titanium strut nut kits for $29.

OAN, I did my first cosmetic mod just a few days ago, too. Here's the thread.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:34 PM
pdpMIATA

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Yonkers, NY
2011 6MT Moonlight White
Black interior
STOCK
Old 05-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Zack342
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
Nice! I kept going back and forth between GT-Spec and Cusco, and had made up my mind to get the Cusco this Summer. Now you can be my Guinea Pig, Zack.

The brackets on the Cusco bar are blue, BTW. But don't let that stop you. Just bring the brackets to any decent Powder-coater, and they'll blast them to the metal and repaint. I bet you can get them done for $20 give or take.

Also, DressUpBolts.com has titanium strut nut kits for $29.

OAN, I did my first cosmetic mod just a few days ago, too. Here's the thread.
No need, I have owned other cusco products on other cars before my (S13) had their front and rear strut braces. I like their signature blue, i know it doesn't match with the car but I am fine with that. As for the ti nuts, not really into the whole replacing hardware with non oem hardware thing. I will just reuse the stock bolts which are perfect for me. My next mod is going to be some Tanabe or Eibach sway bars.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Rochester
Administrator

No need, I have owned other cusco products on other cars before my (S13) had their front and rear strut braces. I like their signature blue, i know it doesn't match with the car but I am fine with that. As for the ti nuts, not really into the whole replacing hardware with non oem hardware thing. I will just reuse the stock bolts which are perfect for me. My next mod is going to be some Tanabe or Eibach sway bars.
My second mod was going to be a new sway bar kit, too. Although I was leaning toward Hotchkis. And I think my mod schedule is slightly more glacial than yours. Just a guess.

Either way, since you and I are in relatively good communication over the last few months, (and eerily in sync), I'm very much looking forward to your reaction to replacing the OEM sway bars with aftermarket.

Keep me in the loop, Zack.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Zack342
Registered Member

My second mod was going to be a new sway bar kit, too. Although I was leaning toward Hotchkis. And I think my mod schedule is slightly more glacial than yours. Just a guess.

Either way, since you and I are in relatively good communication over the last few months, (and eerily in sync), I'm very much looking forward to your reaction to replacing the OEM sway bars with aftermarket.

Keep me in the loop, Zack.
yeah my plan is to augment the current suspension as much as possible so Strut tower and sways should be fine for me.

I am also augmenting the intake system on the car since i don't one to go after market at this time. It seems like the way to go is gen 3 stillens but I don't like the idea of having to modify the radiator support. I am probably going to get some k&N dorp ins and some silicone post maf tubes.

These guys are claiming 6 whp/ 6wtq
Silicone Hose, Silicone Hoses, Turbo Hose, Turbo Hoses, Intercooler Hose, Intercooler Hoses, Turbo Connectors,T-bolt Clamps,Race-Proven Quality by HPS Performance Racing Products

I am highly skeptical of the claims but do like the cosmetics and the idea of more laminar flow after the maf and pre throttle
Old 05-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Rochester
Administrator

yeah my plan is to augment the current suspension as much as possible so Strut tower and sways should be fine for me.

I am also augmenting the intake system on the car since i don't one to go after market at this time. It seems like the way to go is gen 3 stillens but I don't like the idea of having to modify the radiator support. I am probably going to get some k&N dorp ins and some silicone post maf tubes.

Silicone Hose, Silicone Hoses, Turbo Hose, Turbo Hoses, Intercooler Hose, Intercooler Hoses, Turbo Connectors,T-bolt Clamps,Race-Proven Quality by HPS Performance Racing Products

I am highly skeptical of the claims but do like the cosmetics and the idea of more laminar flow after the maf and pre throttle
I'm waiting for the warranty to expire before swapping the intake. And like you... Stillen Gen-3. I'm OK with whipping out the Dremmel tool.

But Zack... K&N drop-in panels? Please just gift me the money instead. It will go to better use. I'll take the wife out to dinner or something.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:25 PM
EPEBAH

2012 G37S 6MT blk/blk. 5% tints all around and 50% windshield. It's a month old so no mods yet :/
Old 05-05-2012, 05:22 AM
Rochester
Administrator

I am probably going to get some k&N dorp ins and some silicone post maf tubes.

$168 for this? I strongly urge you to maintain that high level of skepticism.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:33 AM
Sixdirty6

$168 for this? I strongly urge you to maintain that high level of skepticism.

They can be bought for a tad over $100 on ebay/amazon. Alot of the 370z guys run these tubes along with AFE drop in filters with some decent gains. Companies like HPS, Z1motorsports, etc. are just improving upon the already well engineered OEM intake system. BTW, I'm running the same HPS/AFE combo in my car and am very happy with the results.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:25 PM
Zack342
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Sixdirty6
They can be bought for a tad over $100 on ebay/amazon. Alot of the 370z guys run these tubes along with AFE drop in filters with some decent gains. Companies like HPS, Z1motorsports, etc. are just improving upon the already well engineered OEM intake system. BTW, I'm running the same HPS/AFE combo in my car and am very happy with the results.
Sounds good. I think I will probably go with this setup.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: G37 Sedan 6MT owners check in....